Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omar Bolden back to 100 percent healthy.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Omar Bolden back to 100 percent healthy.

    Broncos fourth-round pick CB Omar Bolden says he's all the way back from the torn ACL that cost him his senior season at Arizona State.
    Bolden wasn't 100 percent as recently as the Combine, but has since made the final strides. Bolden is an excellent cover corner when healthy, but should see few, if any, defensive snaps as a rookie as he gets back up to football speed. An excellent kick returner for the Sun Devils, Bolden should be in the mix in the return game.

    Bolden said he got back to 100 percent in between the combine and his pro day. "I think I'm there...I'm just excited to move forward."

    Per rotoworld and https://twitter.com/#!/Denver_Bronco...92591839834112


  • #2
    I just hope he can stay healthy! He seems like a good talent if he can beat the injury bug! Go Omar and Go Broncos!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Good to hear Omar sounds healthy we are stacked at cb now if we can stop the run our pass defense will be much improved this year thanks for sharing

      Comment


      • #4
        'Bolden is an excellent cover corner when healthy, but should see few, if any, defensive snaps as a rookie as he gets back up to football speed'

        I'll take that bet lol, he will play a lot as our #3 or 4 CB.

        Just because he missed last season, plenty of rookies have missed a lot of time in their last college season yet played as rookies.

        He will use minicamps, TC and pre-season to get up to speed

        Comment


        • #5
          I really think he can make an impact on the field this year, be it rotation or not,

          Comment


          • #6
            With Omar Bolden 100 pct, we can have one of the best secondary in the leauge!!!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah, during the draft I was really critical of most of the moves and picks EFX made, but I was a big fan of the Bolden pick; as I said in the Draft Thread:

              Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
              He was one of the top rated corners in the country his first two years at ASU, and was expected to be a late 1st/2nd round pick, until he tore his ACL last season. Before that, he was fast and showed good skills.

              If he can recover from his ACL injury and return to close to his former playing speed, this could be a VERY good pick for us. He could develop into a very good NFL starter, based on his health.

              He's also a skilled KR/PR.

              This is our best pick of the draft so far, IMO.
              Since it seems like Bolden has recovered from the injury, I'm confident that we got a huge steal at that pick; he should contribute in the secondary this season and this value helps to soften some of the other blunders EFX made during the draft.

              Comment


              • #8
                The only thing that worries me is his size. I don't think he has the size to play outside corner in the NFL specially with the bigger more athletic receivers coming in. He's barely 5'10" I don't think he can match up with Megatron or VJax. Honestly, I just see him as a nickel/dime corner. We'll probably see him a lot on obvious running plays, he was pretty good against the run.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
                  The only thing that worries me is his size. I don't think he has the size to play outside corner in the NFL specially with the bigger more athletic receivers coming in. He's barely 5'10" I don't think he can match up with Megatron or VJax. Honestly, I just see him as a nickel/dime corner. We'll probably see him a lot on obvious running plays, he was pretty good against the run.
                  Guys like Megatron are rare. Even Champ struggles against him. My hope is Bolden will develop into a player like Asante Samuel.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
                    The only thing that worries me is his size. I don't think he has the size to play outside corner in the NFL specially with the bigger more athletic receivers coming in. He's barely 5'10" I don't think he can match up with Megatron or VJax. Honestly, I just see him as a nickel/dime corner. We'll probably see him a lot on obvious running plays, he was pretty good against the run.
                    Bolden is a physical corner well capable of playing on the outside.

                    BOLDEN - Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) Weight: 202 lb (92 kg)

                    REVIS - Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) Weight: 198 lb (90 kg)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
                      The only thing that worries me is his size. I don't think he has the size to play outside corner in the NFL specially with the bigger more athletic receivers coming in. He's barely 5'10" I don't think he can match up with Megatron or VJax. Honestly, I just see him as a nickel/dime corner. We'll probably see him a lot on obvious running plays, he was pretty good against the run.
                      No CB in the league can cover Megatron 1 on 1, he's just that good.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        #Positiveliving

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                          Guys like Megatron are rare. Even Champ struggles against him. My hope is Bolden will develop into a player like Asante Samuel.
                          WERE rare. Physically talking of course, talent wise there might only be a couple as of right now but there's a bunch of guys that can compare size wise to Megatron.

                          Right now there's a bunch of guys that are 6'4" or taller. A bunch of them are actually rookies as of right now. Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill, Vincent Jackson, Tommy Streeter, Eric Decker, Michael Floyd, Juron Criner, Brian Quick, Garrell Robinson, Jeff Fuller, Brandon Marshall just off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing a couple guys.

                          As a Bronco fan I hope he develops into something special. We need it. Champ is not going to be here for long.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
                            WERE rare. Physically talking of course, talent wise there might only be a couple as of right now but there's a bunch of guys that can compare size wise to Megatron.

                            Right now there's a bunch of guys that are 6'4" or taller. A bunch of them are actually rookies as of right now. Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill, Vincent Jackson, Tommy Streeter, Eric Decker, Michael Floyd, Juron Criner, Brian Quick, Garrell Robinson, Jeff Fuller, Brandon Marshall just off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing a couple guys.

                            As a Bronco fan I hope he develops into something special. We need it. Champ is not going to be here for long.
                            I posted Revis and Bolden's height and weight, pretty much identical.

                            Bolden is not a small corner at all.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jM916 View Post
                              #Positiveliving
                              http://www.omarcbolden.com/positive-living/

                              From the site:

                              Positive Living is a daily choice. It is about making the decision to be a positive impact on the lives of the people you are around on a daily basis. A family member, friend, co-worker or even a stranger. You have the ability to affect people’s lives with a simple action. Let that action be positive. Life is too important to let opportunities slip by. Make the most of your time and remember the blessings you have been given so that you can be a blessing to others. #PositiveLiving
                              Well I like his attitude, hopefully we all will like his play as well
                              sigpic
                              Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X