Ty Warren was asked to take a paycut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    No. If he's cut, he'll probably not be signed by anyone. He is trash. Bottom 10% of the NFL when it comes to playing ability right now, I'd say.
    I pretty much agree that he's at the end of the road, for his career. He's done, but there would still be a handful of teams that would bring him in to kick the tires once more. The main problem, that I'd really like to emphasize, is that just one year ago the broncos signed this "trash", "bottom 10%" player to a 2 year, 10 mil contract. It's the Broncos that made this mess for themselves, not Warren. Why should he offer to give away money? It's not guaranteed, and if he's cut he'd end up "only" making about a million somewhere else, but if he sits tight, and just comes to camp and makes the team, he can make about 5 times as much. Wouldn't any sane person here do the same thing? Absolutely, I say. Only a crazy person would just give 5mil away without trying to keep it first.

If this was any other team with respectable defensive tackles, he would've been cut without a second thought. But this is the Broncos. We don't like to get or keep defensive tackles. He might actually be able to make the starting lineup here, which is pretty sad in itself.

Comment

If it were me and I was in Warren's shoes, I probably agree to the pay cut.

However, he has every right to consider all of his options, which are presumably few and probably not very appealing.

The team doesn't need to cut him at this point.

They can afford to give him some time to realize that if he wants to stay in Denver and have a real chance to play, he needs to take a pay cut.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Warren should know how the NFL works. He has not played in two years, if he gets cut now he will have to play for the NFL min anyway.

Remember Justin Bannon last year? Did not take a pay cut and went to the Rams on a 1 year flyer..looks who is back now.
        A Classic.... :thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

I think the Broncos are waiting until June to make more moves. If they bring in an Aubrayo Franklin right now, they will lose a compensatory pick. The team lack depth at DT, they should keep Warren, see what he can do. If he is great in camp,he helps us, if he is a backup, and average, he will not make the team. No way a backup player or average player will make 4 million.

Comment

I understand he doesnt want to make less money, HOWEVER if he takes the paycut, plays his butt off, and this team does something amazing with the money we cut....doesnt that benefit his future?

take the paycut now to get payed next year providing he can back up the style of play we want from him.

or could him not wanting to take the paycut mean he doesnt think he has it in him to get another contract like the one he has?
            Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
              So you're comparing him to T.O.,just because he doesnt want to take a pay cut.

I just dont understand how anyone think its okay for a team to tell someone to take a pay cut.......

If player holds out = player is selfish
              If player doesn't want a pay cut = player is selfish

When are we going to hold teams accountable,for not holding their end of a contract.... A contract is suppose to be upheld by both parties, not when a team think they can change it after its signed.....If he asked for money at the beginning of his contract then I would have no problem saying he's selfish but they knew they wouldnt get no type of production from him then why sign him in the first place.????

I understand this is part of the business but its ridiculous that players are expected to upheld their end of the contract,while teams can ask someone to take a pay cut after they signed a contract...
              In the world of contract work, you get paid for completing a set amount of work. Warren has completed no work, so I don't see why he should get paid. If a carpenter doesn't finish his job, even if he gets a down payment (signing bonus), he won't get the rest. That is why I totally disagree with guaranteed contracts. Many of the players with guaranteed contracts in other sports never live up to their contract (they didn't complete the work).

Comment

Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                I think the Broncos are waiting until June to make more moves. If they bring in an Aubrayo Franklin right now, they will lose a compensatory pick. The team lack depth at DT, they should keep Warren, see what he can do. If he is great in camp,he helps us, if he is a backup, and average, he will not make the team. No way a backup player or average player will make 4 million.
                Denver wouldn't lose anything. The saints would just gain a draft pick probably around a 6th or 7th.
                Denver Broncos GM
                Originally posted by Mosk
                Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Working...
                X