Broncos trade Cassius Vaughn for FB Chris Gronkowski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    And he got benched in favor of Jonathan Whilhite who ended up being benched for Chris Harris. And the likely hood of him being cut was high. He was on the bubble and that is pretty obvious.

And the point is the trade is meaningless from both sides as it means really nothing at all. The value is fine. The players exchanged are about worth each other.

Maybe if Gronk ran a 4.3 or had something sexy about him people may like him. He is a solid player and from what I have gone and watched. He looks like an upgrade from last year at the fullback position. Have you even watched Gronk? Do you know anything about him? Trading a likely cut for a potential role player is fine value.
    No everyone is just going to look at the play where he missed a block and Romo got hurt because of it and judge him as awful because of it.

Comment

• BTW, at his Pro Day Chris ran a 4.71 40 and a 1.64 10 yard dash (probably at the combines) and bench pressed 225 24 times. IMO these aren't bad numbers for a FB, NOW if he can just block! lol

Comment

• Apparently I formations are still in the playbook.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• If we were dead set on adding a FB I would have rather kept Vaughn and signed a street FA. Vaughn might not make the team but at least he would be good competition for that #5 CB spot. Here's an amazing idea, hows about we trade for a friggen starting quality DT or MLB? Because we have zero on the roster!

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            If we were dead set on adding a FB I would have rather kept Vaughn and signed a street FA. Vaughn might not make the team but at least he would be good competition for that #5 CB spot. Here's an amazing idea, hows about we trade for a friggen starting quality DT or MLB? Because we have zero on the roster!
            If we don't need Manning, who does Denver need?
            Last edited by samparnell; 05-28-2012, 09:07 AM.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
            X