Sapp ranks the Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think Cincy will improve on last season. Playoff team last year. 7th ranked defense and they added Still and Thompson to their Dline rotation plus Kirkpatrick to their secondary. On offense they added Green-Ellis who will have a great season in that offense plus Jones and Sanu at WR to play opposite AJ Green.

Cincy's biggest issue will be playing the Ravens and Steelers twice each.
    Don't forget that Orton at QB was too much for them, lol
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I think Cincy will improve on last season. Playoff team last year. 7th ranked defense and they added Still and Thompson to their Dline rotation plus Kirkpatrick to their secondary. On offense they added Green-Ellis who will have a great season in that offense plus Jones and Sanu at WR to play opposite AJ Green.

Cincy's biggest issue will be playing the Ravens and Steelers twice each.
      Do agree here

Cincy had a dream draft n AJ Green is for real

TONS of young talent on that team however I too question Dalton as well ...I really liked a lot of I've seen from him but what I have also seen a lot of is AJ Green just balling out (Simpson as well)

That team has the potential to soon be the dominate force in the AFC North

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
        Amazing how we finished 4th in the AFC and you have 3 teams we beat over us, with us at 7
        Teams aren't the same every year
        sigpic
        Thank you Charger$

Comment

4th is good to hear but until I see them play on the field I have them ranked:

1. NE
          2. Ravens
          3. Houston
          4. Steelers
          5. Cincy
          6. KC
          7. Bills/Denver/SD
          Don't you have to see the other teams ranked above us play, too?

If you're suggesting you want to see on field performance for a team like us who is supposed to improve, shouldn't you use the same criteria to wait and see who regresses?

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
            Teams aren't the same every year
            Exactly. None of the teams above us in that poll improved as much as we did in the offseason.

Comment

I think the point is valid. Denver has a lot of new pieces... nobody knows for sure how they'll fit. I think they'll fit great! However, KC won the last game last year (and didn't make the playoffs). They also have 2-3 probowl caliber players coming back from injury. Buffalo's D looks like a force to be reckoned with.

We beat Pitt last year (trust me, I had tickets and couldn't go to the game... it killed me). However, it's an easy argument to make that Dennis Allen lost them the game with his 98% run defense. If he just played the same D that they played all year (#1 all year... lets change it!), they probably would have been all over the Broncos O and marching on just like everybody thought they would.

That's why they play the games... but to say that the Broncos are clearly better than those teams is a much more difficult argument to make. They might be better, but it's a close race. The rankings are definitely cloudy at best.

Also, I can't tell if Sapp had us 4th in the AFC, or if we were just the 4th team to come to mind as he listed all the teams that are better than the Jets. Either way, I like the company he put us in. It doesn't matter until they play the games, but I'll hang my hat on whatever I can get in the offseason!

Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                Amazing how we finished 4th in the AFC and you have 3 teams we beat over us, with us at 7
                We all have our opinions.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                  Don't you have to see the other teams ranked above us play, too?

If you're suggesting you want to see on field performance for a team like us who is supposed to improve, shouldn't you use the same criteria to wait and see who regresses?
                  The other teams are pretty solid and we know what they are. We don't know how the offense will run with Manning. All we have right now is hopeful thoughts and the defense is still suspect until proven otherwise.
                  sigpic

Comment

So you think Houston will be the same without all of the MAJOR pieces they lost? I also think that Pitt is aging and losing some of the key guys, i.e. Farrior, making these two teams as suspect as us. Don't forget that Cassell has yet to prove anything outside of NE, and Cincy could experience the sophomore slump with Dalton. You also have to consider that we have upgraded the D coaching and QB positions. The only two teams that I see continuing right where they left off last year is NE and Balt, so yeah, I can see us being the 4th best in the AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeandBluBlood View Post
                      So you think Houston will be the same without all of the MAJOR pieces they lost? I also think that Pitt is aging and losing some of the key guys, i.e. Farrior, making these two teams as suspect as us. Don't forget that Cassell has yet to prove anything outside of NE, and Cincy could experience the sophomore slump with Dalton. You also have to consider that we have upgraded the D coaching and QB positions. The only two teams that I see continuing right where they left off last year is NE and Balt, so yeah, I can see us being the 4th best in the AFC.
                      Yep - PITT also loses Hines Ward
                      Not to mention Balt lost one of it's most important corner stones on defense

If the Jets can overcome the negatives that come with Tebow and fortify the positives, the Jets could be formidable too

It's a fair ranking considering it really is a crap shoot ranking at this time of the year.
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by sleen View Post
                        For one second I thought Sapp ranked us 4th in the AFC West and I was like WHAT?!?!?!
                        That's what I was thinking at first I was like "screw sapp....once a raider always a raider...." then I realized it was AFC as a whole and not just the division and then I calmed down a bit.
                        sigpic

Comment

The other teams are pretty solid and we know what they are. We don't know how the offense will run with Manning. All we have right now is hopeful thoughts and the defense is still suspect until proven otherwise.
                          We know what the steelers are, yet last time we saw them Tim Tebow and DT set a playoff record on them.

By this logic, you're suggesting that we got significantly worse, so where is it we got worse?

Comment

4th is good to hear but until I see them play on the field I have them ranked:

1. NE
                            2. Ravens
                            3. Houston
                            4. Steelers
                            5. Cincy
                            6. KC
                            7. Bills/Denver/SD
                            Also, by this logic, since you're using the "have to see them play" argument, last time we played we were in the final four from the AFC.

Comment

I see the Steelers regressing IMO and could finis third in the North. Ravens would be my favourite to take out that division in spite of Flacco's mediocre play. I really think the Bengals can challenge for that division title.

Decastro was a good pick up for the Steelers but I'm not sure they are the team they used to be.
                              www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Working...
                              X