Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos making progress with Prater on a new deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos making progress with Prater on a new deal.

The Broncos have made progress in recent days with Prater on a five-year deal. The team tendered him a 2012 salary of $2.6 million through the franchise tag. Both sides hope a long-term deal is reached in time for Prater to join the Broncos at their mandatory minicamp June 12-14.

Hopefully they can lock up Prater to a new deal, don't really care about Warren, he knows he should take a pay-cut, if he doesn't, then Siliga or someone else can get more reps over him.

I expect Warren will be released.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      I expect Warren will be released.
      If he doesn't take a pay-cut, i imagine so, since the team is high on Siliga, it seems.

Comment

I guess I don't see whats been so hard about giving Prater 2-3 million for 5 years and calling it a day. Get it done people!!
        Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Comment

The praises on Siliga might be hype to bring Warren into the fold cheaper!! Just a thought.

Comment

I think the coaches are quite high on Siliga but I'm not sure he's ready for much of a role next year, he is still learning the position and recording to reports is still quite raw.

Here's the latest with Warren -

Broncos DT Ty Warren is "contemplating whether he wants to grind through another season" at a reduced salary.
            Warren is currently due $4 million, but the Broncos are hoping he'll play for $1-$1.5 million after missing each of the past two seasons with injury. It sounds like Warren is contemplating retirement, but he'd draw interest as a flier if released.
            - ROTO

We gave him 4 mil for sitting on the physio table last season, he has missed the last 2 seasons and still wants ANOTHER 4 mil. I would just cut him, not worth the hassle.

Comment

BRONCOS UPDATE: Sources have told me that Prater's camp is looking for around 4M per yer, bonus included. Sides are close at this point.

Apparently that was where the negotiations started. That figure would make Prater the 2nd highest paid kicker in the NFL behind Janikowski.

Bleh, whatever it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                BRONCOS UPDATE: Sources have told me that Prater's camp is looking for around 4M per yer, bonus included. Sides are close at this point.

Apparently that was where the negotiations started. That figure would make Prater the 2nd highest paid kicker in the NFL behind Janikowski.

Bleh, whatever it takes.
                It's well deserved. Janikowski was the best all around kicker last season, Prater the most clutch. Special Teams is important, we need a kicker that can nail it from 60 if he has too, and a kicker that can get that game winning 3 points. Prater can do that.

As for Ty Warren, I agree with samparnell that Warren will be cut. Especially with word that Siliga is looking pretty good right now.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Prater won us games last year. He has a big leg and is probably a top 5 kicker in the league.

Even if we slightly over-pay I'd love to lock him up.

He's only 27 so has a good few years left.

Comment

Lock him up tell manning to get to the 40 and we get points is practically cheating
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      Prater won us games last year. He has a big leg and is probably a top 5 kicker in the league.

Even if we slightly over-pay I'd love to lock him up.

He's only 27 so has a good few years left.
                      As a kicker, who knows how much longer he can play... Depending on his durability, it's possible he could still be playing 20 years from now... granted with diminished leg strength
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Matt Prater was one of the most important players on the team. We really got lucky going from Elam to Prater! He has been a great kicker for us for a few years now. Let's be honest without Prater's leg we would not have won a few of those games last year! I am fine with Prater being the 2nd highest paid kicker in the leauge, because honestly Janikowski and Prater are at the top of the leauge in my opinion as far as kickers go. I am confident the Broncos will get the deal done!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                          I think the coaches are quite high on Siliga but I'm not sure he's ready for much of a role next year, he is still learning the position and recording to reports is still quite raw.

Here's the latest with Warren -

Broncos DT Ty Warren is "contemplating whether he wants to grind through another season" at a reduced salary.
                          Warren is currently due $4 million, but the Broncos are hoping he'll play for $1-$1.5 million after missing each of the past two seasons with injury. It sounds like Warren is contemplating retirement, but he'd draw interest as a flier if released.
                          - ROTO

We gave him 4 mil for sitting on the physio table last season, he has missed the last 2 seasons and still wants ANOTHER 4 mil. I would just cut him, not worth the hassle.
                          Exactly. Grind it through another season??? Broncos fans would have been happy with 1!
                          Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Pay Prater!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              Lock him up tell manning to get to the 40 and we get points is practically cheating

Man, didn't even really think about it like that but that'd be ridiculous hah

I know they're gonna trust the D too tho n still probably not go for 60+ yd FG's all the time

Comment

Working...
                              X