Peyton Manning airs out deep passes during practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning airs out deep passes during practice

Peyton Manning is finally getting to know just what Broncomania is all about.

Under the gaze of another large herd of media for today's organized team activity, every throw by Manning was dutifully chronicled in notebooks. When a reporter noted a missed throw to Demarius Thomas, Manning said: "I've never had to comment on incompletions at practice before. This is new to me."

Today, the Broncos stressed the deep ball at the OTA. Manning, who prefers to call such passes "shots", frequently threw deep passes with varied success. But Manning said if any one of five deep throws succeeds in game situations, "that's a great thing."

When asked how he's feeling at throwing long passes again, Manning said: "It's still an ongoing for me, it still is. I still have work to do in my rehab, and that's the good thing about these OTAs — you can really see where you are on certain types of plays, and you're learning a lot.

"Every day, you have a point of emphasis, whether it's a screen day or a play-action day, goal-line, red-zone, so today was kind of a deep ball, shots down the field. I wish we could have more of these OTAs, but the limited practice time we have together, you've got to take advantage of it. It's only going to make us better."

Broncos coach John Fox said Manning is "doing tremendous. Our passing game is way far along than it was last year, obviously, because we weren't even here."

His work ethic is outstanding!! It will rub off to the other players!!
    sigpic

Comment

One thing I do get a kick of is how EVERY PLAYER says "man I wish we could have more OTA time, the new rules make it tough"

Umm obviously the NFLPA is what lobbied for that sooo.??....it's just amazing the crap that goes on/is said in the NFL

Comment

It's good to see him throwing the deep ball again.
        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
          One thing I do get a kick of is how EVERY PLAYER says "man I wish we could have more OTA time, the new rules make it tough"

Umm obviously the NFLPA is what lobbied for that sooo.??....it's just amazing the crap that goes on/is said in the NFL

I was thinking the exact same thing. I hate some of these new rules limiting the amount of practice time.
          sigpic

Comment

Peyton overthrowing

they said that Peyton was overthrowing all of his deep balls today at OTAs. I think the fear was that he wouldn't have the arm strength and would underthrow his receivers. I wonder if it's a matter of adjusting back to what his arm can do. Perhaps he's overcompensating right now.

Anyway, much happier to hear overthrowing reports than underthrowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
              they said that Peyton was overthrowing all of his deep balls today at OTAs. I think the fear was that he wouldn't have the arm strength and would underthrow his receivers. I wonder if it's a matter of adjusting back to what his arm can do. Perhaps he's overcompensating right now.

Anyway, much happier to hear overthrowing reports than underthrowing.
              I definitely agree with the part underlined. It doesn't worry me too much. He spent a year recovering with limited physical activity, and he spend several years perfecting his timing with other receivers. I have faith that this won't be an issue.

Comment

Better then skipping them to your reciever.
                sigpic
                Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

Yeah, but most teams are coming back from the same old QB and the same old system from the year before. The Broncos have a future HoF QB under center now and has raised a new hope in Denver. I'm sure that 30 other teams are glad of the fewer OTA's.
                  You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

A lot of players will be happy there's less practice time, regardless of what they say. You just know with Manning that he means it. He would probably practice every day leading up to the season if he could.

Comment

it will come in time, u have to take into consideration that he hasnt played with these guys and they need some time to adjust and get some continuity with each other. it will take time

Comment

Still part of his re-hab? Dude the season starts in 3 months!!!

Comment

I don't think this says much for his arm strength at all, he's throwing in thin air, if you didn't expect him to be able to throw it 60 yards here then you must have thought his arm fell off. Him overthrowing receivers just means that he has to get used to throwing here.

Comment

Originally posted by dadx4 View Post
                            Still part of his re-hab? Dude the season starts in 3 months!!!
                            3 months is a long time for rehab.

Comment

Einhorn is Finkle. Finkle is Einhorn.

Einhorn is a man!

Comment

Working...
                              X