Ty Warren signs new deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Hopefully his new deal doesn't have any guaranteed money, because if Warren plays the way he was playing as a Denver Bronco (prior to his injury), he'll be one of the first training camp cuts.

He was absolutely atrocious in practice and preseason.
    What a ridiculous statement. Ty Warren was signed on August 3, 2011 after the NFL lockout and was injured on August 16, 2011. How could ANYONE have been "absolutely atrocious in practice and preseason" in that short amount of time? And, he was also SLOWLY being worked into being on the field at all since he missed the entire year before with injury.

His first day on the field at ALL was August 5, 2011, the first day free agents could even practice.

The first scrimmage was August 6, which Ty Warren didn't even PARTICIPATE in because he had just arrived.

His injury occurred August 15.

The truth is that we don't know HOW Ty Warren is going to be, since he basically hasn't played in 2 years, INCLUDING for the Broncos last year. He's a smart addition because he's produced in the past, fits the measurables, and has a reasonable contract (this year, after paying him all that money last year).

How about we feel satisfied at a sensible move, but just reserve judgement beyond that, huh?

Comment

He could be a big contributor, he could be past it, thats why they have TC / Pre-season.

If Warren looks in good condition and impresses he will be a starter. If he looks really poor he might be cut, like Jarvis Green

Comment

Originally posted by MalikG View Post
        What a ridiculous statement. Ty Warren was signed on August 3, 2011 after the NFL lockout and was injured on August 16, 2011. How could ANYONE have been "absolutely atrocious in practice and preseason" in that short amount of time? And, he was also SLOWLY being worked into being on the field at all since he missed the entire year before with injury.

His first day on the field at ALL was August 5, 2011, the first day free agents could even practice.

The first scrimmage was August 6, which Ty Warren didn't even PARTICIPATE in because he had just arrived.

His injury occurred August 15.

The truth is that we don't know HOW Ty Warren is going to be, since he basically hasn't played in 2 years, INCLUDING for the Broncos last year. He's a smart addition because he's produced in the past, fits the measurables, and has a reasonable contract (this year, after paying him all that money last year).

How about we feel satisfied at a sensible move, but just reserve judgement beyond that, huh?
        Yeah I dont really understand that either
        There are a couple of people who keep saying he was "terrbile", "worst guy on the team", etc...

But yeah he only practiced with us for like a week and a half before getting hurt again
        He only played like a handful of snaps in our first preseason game because he was still getting back to shape

Not saying he will be awesome, but it is just plain silly to use that brief 10 day or so span as a reflection of his skill when he was recovering from an injury that sidelined him for over a year

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
          Yeah I dont really understand that either
          There are a couple of people who keep saying he was "terrbile", "worst guy on the team", etc...

But yeah he only practiced with us for like a week and a half before getting hurt again
          He only played like a handful of snaps in our first preseason game because he was still getting back to shape

Not saying he will be awesome, but it is just plain silly to use that brief 10 day or so span as a reflection of his skill when he was recovering from an injury that sidelined him for over a year

Bannan/Warren/Vickerson/Wolfe along with Siliga/Unrein/Garland is LIGHT YEARS better than what Denver had the last 11 games of the season:

Bunkley/Thomas/McBean/Unrein -- and that's IT!

Comment

Its crazy on this site. If you dont agree with the popular opinion.

Heres the facts though. People are high if they think warren is going to get cut in favor of garland or silivia. These guys were udfa, no matter where they were projected or not. It also matters nil how high the FO is on either player, they still suck. Remember wesley duke, brandon browner, carlton powell, and a bunch of other guys the broncis FO has been high on. Atill doesnt mean that they are good.

If we go into the season with bannan and silivia as our starting dts we are ni big trouble! We need a player like warren who actually jas played and has proven he knows what to do.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Heres the facts though. People are high if they think warren is going to get cut in favor of garland or silivia. These guys were udfa, no matter where they were projected or not. It also matters nil how high the FO is on either player, they still suck. Remember wesley duke, brandon browner, carlton powell, and a bunch of other guys the broncis FO has been high on. Atill doesnt mean that they are good.

If we go into the season with bannan and silivia as our starting dts we are ni big trouble! We need a player like warren who actually jas played and has proven he knows what to do.
              How exactly are all these facts? First learn how to spell Siliga.

Warren hasn't played in 2 years due to 2 different season ending injuries. He's past 30. He was cut by the Pats. Hmmmmmmm. Doesn't inspire too much confidence.

How do we know these guys suck if we haven't seen them play and they haven't had much time to develop? Maybe they won't be great immediately, but they're young. They could develop into solid players in time.

And just because Warren has been good in the past doesn't mean he will be anywhere near the same player. Even if he has the mental part down he may not be physically capable of playing at a high level. If Warren comes in, sucks, and gets cut, Bannan will start at NT with Siliga most likely backing him up. I would expect a rotation of Wolfe and Vickerson at 3-tech.
              Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

I disagree.

I don't think Warren will be cut, but I wouldn't rule it out. Jarvis Green was given more money and he was so bad in TC that we cut him.

Warren has been injured for 2 years. IF he looks done in TC / Pre-season then he'll be cut.

Bannan provides the experience. I think Siliga has a chance to take Warrens place, although its unlikely. Hopefully Warren still has something left.

Garland is fighting for a PS place at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
                  How exactly are all these facts? First learn how to spell Siliga.

Warren hasn't played in 2 years due to 2 different season ending injuries. He's past 30. He was cut by the Pats. Hmmmmmmm. Doesn't inspire too much confidence.

How do we know these guys suck if we haven't seen them play and they haven't had much time to develop? Maybe they won't be great immediately, but they're young. They could develop into solid players in time.

And just because Warren has been good in the past doesn't mean he will be anywhere near the same player. Even if he has the mental part down he may not be physically capable of playing at a high level. If Warren comes in, sucks, and gets cut, Bannan will start at NT with Siliga most likely backing him up. I would expect a rotation of Wolfe and Vickerson at 3-tech.

Ok spelling king, I'm on mobile deal with it.

Tell you what, you go into the season with garland and silica at DT and see how they rank. No one said a single single word about long term development and play. Down the road they could be decent, but right now, this year.....yeah.

Lots of players have been cut and produced. Several on our team- does the name Peyton manning and tamme ring a bell. Lots others have been cut and done nothing or never played a down in the nfl again. The point of him being cut means nothing, sorry. We need warrant and he will mak the team unless he gets hurt again. Ps- in case this boad forgot the FO is real high on warren too.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                    I disagree.

I don't think Warren will be cut, but I wouldn't rule it out. Jarvis Green was given more money and he was so bad in TC that we cut him.

Warren has been injured for 2 years. IF he looks done in TC / Pre-season then he'll be cut.

Bannan provides the experience. I think Siliga has a chance to take Warrens place, although its unlikely. Hopefully Warren still has something left.

Garland is fighting for a PS place at best.
                    I certainly don't think that it's an either/or proposition. Warren and Bannan have the most starts between them, and I'd hope that they would become the starters.

HOWEVER, I like the way that the Broncos have shown patience and foresight in trying to develop some defensive linemen in-house. It's a reach, but I fantasize about doing things the way Pittsburgh has in developing players.

Siliga, Unrein and Garland can and should be valued and none of them lightly discarded. That's the kind of short-sightedness that prevents teams from making sure they figure out what they actually HAVE.

Defensive tackles are a little like quarterbacks, in my opinion, in that development takes time and in the way it makes sense to keep young ones around just to see what develops.

I was glad to see Unrein be kept last year and hope that he builds on last year's playing time, and who knows what Garland will become now that he can finally train as a football player rather than a serviceman.

Comment

Seeing him in an interveiw and listening to his comments just made me give him that much more respect!! love the fact that he stress family and is eager to Work for a starting role! hopes he stay injury free he might just pan out!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok spelling king, I'm on mobile deal with it.

Tell you what, you go into the season with garland and silica at DT and see how they rank. No one said a single single word about long term development and play. Down the road they could be decent, but right now, this year.....yeah.

Lots of players have been cut and produced. Several on our team- does the name Peyton manning and tamme ring a bell. Lots others have been cut and done nothing or never played a down in the nfl again. The point of him being cut means nothing, sorry. We need warrant and he will mak the team unless he gets hurt again. Ps- in case this boad forgot the FO is real high on warren too.
                        Pretty hard to take somebody's opinion seriously when they don't even know how to spell the player's name. If you're on mobile you should check your posts before you post them. That's what I do.

I wasn't talking about going in with both, especially not to start or play extensive snaps. I was saying going in with one, most likely Siliga, to play a backup spot. That is not that bad in my opinion.

Peyton Manning was cut under extremely different circumstances. An old QB coming off neck surgery with a $28 million dollar year coming up and the team holding the first pick with Andrew Luck on the board is totally different than an old, injury-prone DT who is past his prime. It was time for Indy to move on. And also Tamme wasn't cut. He just wasn't re-signed. We don't know the exact circumstances of the Tamme situation. Sure seems like they had Fleener in their plans. Sorry but that puts down your argument on both those players.

We will see about Warren. I think it's 50-50 whether he makes the team or not. Even if he does I expect mediocre play at best from someone like him.
                        Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                          Warren has more to prove than Elway does. We needed a DT, Warren was signed. Elway did his job, it's up to Warren to do his job.

He has a tough road, Siliga is doing well, Garland is looking good, Vickerson put on weight, Bannan is back. If he doesn't produce in camp, he's done here.
                          I think you hit it on the head and I couldnt have said it better, CP to ya..

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Not expecting much from him, hasn't played in 2 years, and supposedly looked AWFUL when he did play in camp.

And having Siliga and/or Garland over him wouldn't be bad, if both of them look better, they'll make the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
                              Pretty hard to take somebody's opinion seriously when they don't even know how to spell the player's name. If you're on mobile you should check your posts before you post them. That's what I do.

I wasn't talking about going in with both, especially not to start or play extensive snaps. I was saying going in with one, most likely Siliga, to play a backup spot. That is not that bad in my opinion.

Peyton Manning was cut under extremely different circumstances. An old QB coming off neck surgery with a $28 million dollar year coming up and the team holding the first pick with Andrew Luck on the board is totally different than an old, injury-prone DT who is past his prime. It was time for Indy to move on. And also Tamme wasn't cut. He just wasn't re-signed. We don't know the exact circumstances of the Tamme situation. Sure seems like they had Fleener in their plans. Sorry but that puts down your argument on both those players.

We will see about Warren. I think it's 50-50 whether he makes the team or not. Even if he does I expect mediocre play at best from someone like him.
                              That's just so weird to me to assign a percentage chance on a guy making the team who literally hasn't played a game in two years.

How does one come up with that? What was his percentage last year, when he hadn't played in a year? 30/70? 45/55? 75/25? I just don't get it

Comment

There's no way in a billion years Garland makes the roster. He might make the PS if he really impresses.

Siliga has spent a year on the PS, is raw, but has a chance. The coaches invested a year on him.

Garland has been at a few TC's for a couple of weeks but has not played football properly in years. He needs serious work done.

Comment

Working...
                                X