Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ty Warren signs new deal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Garland has been at a few TC's for a couple of weeks but has not played football properly in years. He needs serious work done.
    He is the underdog and we will all be rooting for him..

    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      Not expecting much from him, hasn't played in 2 years, and supposedly looked AWFUL when he did play in camp.

      And having Siliga and/or Garland over him wouldn't be bad, if both of them look better, they'll make the team.
      I guess that week of camp (that none of actually saw) Warren was part of last year after an extended LOCKOUT and a year rehabbing a hip injury and that didn't even include a scrimmage is key to y'all's evaluation.

      You really don't think we should maybe wait and see how these guys look in actual pads, scrimmages and over a few weeks?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by MalikG View Post
        That's just so weird to me to assign a percentage chance on a guy making the team who literally hasn't played a game in two years.

        How does one come up with that? What was his percentage last year, when he hadn't played in a year? 30/70? 45/55? 75/25? I just don't get it
        It's not very tough. It's a coin toss whether or not he'll make the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut.
        Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by MalikG View Post
          I guess that week of camp (that none of actually saw) Warren was part of last year after an extended LOCKOUT and a year rehabbing a hip injury and that didn't even include a scrimmage is key to y'all's evaluation.

          You really don't think we should maybe wait and see how these guys look in actual pads, scrimmages and over a few weeks?
          Yes, that hurt him, i'm just saying i would not expect him to be a MAJOR factor for us, i'd love to be wrong, but he's missed the last 2 seasons, and is 31?

          I'm not saying he'll be cut, but it wouldn't surprise me.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by 350legend View Post
            Seeing him in an interveiw and listening to his comments just made me give him that much more respect!! love the fact that he stress family and is eager to Work for a starting role! hopes he stay injury free he might just pan out!!
            I don't look to much into it. He said the same thing anybody would say, especially if they want to make it appear that he/she wasn't just being greedy.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

            Comment


            • #36
              First of all, it should've been a 3 to 4 month injury. He put off surgery, and then asked to run out of the tunnel with the team and fell and tore his tricep further, which landed him on IR. It's funny that I can't find that story on here.

              At any rate, quit making Warren out to be some nice guy that was just injured. He had no problem taking his guaranteed money last year after being hurt almost immediately at the beginning of camp. I'm glad he restructured. He could make a million here, or make vet minimum somewhere else.
              sigpic

              Hooray, beer!

              Comment


              • #37
                Glad they could come to an agreement and get him in. I'm not expecting much, but something is better than nothing. If he does well, that would be a huge benefit to the team.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  First of all, it should've been a 3 to 4 month injury. He put off surgery, and then asked to run out of the tunnel with the team and fell and tore his tricep further, which landed him on IR. It's funny that I can't find that story on here.

                  At any rate, quit making Warren out to be some nice guy that was just injured. He had no problem taking his guaranteed money last year after being hurt almost immediately at the beginning of camp. I'm glad he restructured. He could make a million here, or make vet minimum somewhere else.
                  Warren by all accounts actually is a nice guy, but you're right, the NFL is about business. At this point he's a 31-year-old guy who has had success in the past who you hope is fully healthy, fresh, and has something left in the tank, and is now signed to a contract that gives max flexibility to the team.

                  What I like so far about the Elway era is that regardless of how things turn out, I at least feel like the rationale and thought behind the team's moves seem sound. They've put themselves in POSITION to succeed, and I didn't feel that was always the case under McD and even Shanahan his last few years personnel-wise.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    ^ umm letting Bunk go n signing Mays doesn't support that ...

                    But because of the Manning signing, everything is gravy for me as of now

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by MalikG View Post
                      Warren by all accounts actually is a nice guy, but you're right, the NFL is about business. At this point he's a 31-year-old guy who has had success in the past who you hope is fully healthy, fresh, and has something left in the tank, and is now signed to a contract that gives max flexibility to the team.

                      What I like so far about the Elway era is that regardless of how things turn out, I at least feel like the rationale and thought behind the team's moves seem sound. They've put themselves in POSITION to succeed, and I didn't feel that was always the case under McD and even Shanahan his last few years personnel-wise.
                      I don't know. I still get the "band-aid players" vibe from some of our moves. We signed players nobody else wants to short-term, low-value contracts.

                      Xanders characterized them as "value free agents". I characterize them as "mediocre players that are disposable".

                      Shanahan and McDaniels were notorious for signing "band-aid players", and that doesn't cut it.


                      sigpic


                      FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                      :cool:

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                        ^ umm letting Bunk go n signing Mays doesn't support that ...

                        But because of the Manning signing, everything is gravy for me as of now
                        I completely disagree -- Bunkley was productive, but he's 28, only played 35% of snaps last year, and signed a FIVE-year deal with the Saints which included NINE million guaranteed. Passing on matching that can definitely be seen as at least possibly wise, no?

                        As for Mays, he's only 26 and was signed to a 3-year deal that only includes $4 million guaranteed this first year. Say what you will, that allowed the Broncos to reasonably keep the starter from last year while still giving them time to see if Nate Irving is starter material. If they'd let Mays go, they'd either have had to pay big money to a free agent this year or make Irving a starter whether he's ready or not.

                        This way, they can see if Mays improves with a full offseason under his belt under Del Rio with (hopefully) improved play in front of him while still being able to see if Irving is going to be your guy.

                        This way they're maintaining flexibility instead of betting on Bunkley. NINE MILLION! Please...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                          I don't know. I still get the "band-aid players" vibe from some of our moves. We signed players nobody else wants to short-term, low-value contracts.

                          Xanders characterized them as "value free agents". I characterize them as "mediocre players that are disposable".

                          Shanahan and McDaniels were notorious for signing "band-aid players", and that doesn't cut it.
                          I don't mind short-term, cheap band-aid players WHILE you try to develop your own draft picks, and that seems like what they're doing now.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                            I don't know. I still get the "band-aid players" vibe from some of our moves. We signed players nobody else wants to short-term, low-value contracts.

                            Xanders characterized them as "value free agents". I characterize them as "mediocre players that are disposable".

                            Shanahan and McDaniels were notorious for signing "band-aid players", and that doesn't cut it.



                            Yep, we all do. And warren is definitely the band aid type of guy. My point is we are much better off with a bandaid then a sieve that would be garland and company.

                            Warren, vick, wolfe, bannan - just does not do us any favors, add in garland and silvia hehe did that for cladyand well its just down right awful.
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
                              Pretty hard to take somebody's opinion seriously when they don't even know how to spell the player's name. If you're on mobile you should check your posts before you post them. That's what I do.I wasn't talking about going in with both, especially not to start or play extensive snaps. I was saying going in with one, most likely Siliga, to play a backup spot. That is not that bad in my opinion.

                              Peyton Manning was cut under extremely different circumstances. An old QB coming off neck surgery with a $28 million dollar year coming up and the team holding the first pick with Andrew Luck on the board is totally different than an old, injury-prone DT who is past his prime. It was time for Indy to move on. And also Tamme wasn't cut. He just wasn't re-signed. We don't know the exact circumstances of the Tamme situation. Sure seems like they had Fleener in their plans. Sorry but that puts down your argument on both those players.

                              We will see about Warren. I think it's 50-50 whether he makes the team or not. Even if he does I expect mediocre play at best from someone like him.
                              Pretty sad when you have to resort to attacking someone's spelling....seriously bro get over your highly educated self....
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                Pretty sad when you have to resort to attacking someone's spelling....seriously bro get over your highly educated self....
                                Haha. Ok. I'm not attacking him. You come off as less intelligent if you can't spell the words or names that you're talking about. It's unarguable. Hand in a paper to a college professor with numerous words and names misspelled and see how he reacts to it. I know this isn't college or a job, but like I said the effects of poor spelling are unarguable.
                                Last edited by Iron Clady; 06-07-2012, 01:33 PM.
                                Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X