No announcement yet.

Ty Warren signs new deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are we even signing this guy? I view this as a questionable move by the front office. Signing a 31 year old defensive tackle who is just coming off of an injury makes NO sense to me whatsoever. I'm sorry, I'm not going to be a fan of this move. :shrug:

We drafted Derek Wolfe and are going to give him a nice big contract... why not just let the kid play?
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
      Why are we even signing this guy? I view this as a questionable move by the front office. Signing a 31 year old defensive tackle who is just coming off of an injury makes NO sense to me whatsoever. I'm sorry, I'm not going to be a fan of this move. :shrug:

We drafted Derek Wolfe and are going to give him a nice big contract... why not just let the kid play?
      He was ALREADY signed and the Broncos ALREADY paid him. Getting him to agree to a pay cut just means that the team MIGHT get something out of the investment they've already made. He only has this year on his deal and even if he's just serviceable (like a Marcus Thomas-type), it lets you bring along Wolfe for specific situations, move him around the line, and not chew him up.

Think any differently about the pickup now?

Comment

Originally posted by MalikG View Post
        He was ALREADY signed and the Broncos ALREADY paid him. Getting him to agree to a pay cut just means that the team MIGHT get something out of the investment they've already made. He only has this year on his deal and even if he's just serviceable (like a Marcus Thomas-type), it lets you bring along Wolfe for specific situations, move him around the line, and not chew him up.

Think any differently about the pickup now?
        Eh, I guess so. Still not a big Ty Warren fan.
        Last edited by broncoFan!; 06-07-2012, 11:51 PM.
        sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
          Eh, I guess so. Still not a big Ty Law fan.
          Ty Law is a retired corner.

What are you even talking about?
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
            Haha. Ok. I'm not attacking him. You come off as less intelligent if you can't spell the words or names that you're talking about. It's unarguable. Hand in a paper to a college professor with numerous words and names misspelled and see how he reacts to it. I know this isn't college or a job, but like I said the effects of poor spelling are unarguable.
            This is a messageboard not a classroom.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              Ty Law is a retired corner.

What are you even talking about?
              Wait... So this ISN'T that Ty fellow from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition?
              All in for Siemian!

Comment

Nice I'm glad he re-signed. Need depth there. Maybe he'll be fresh and be able to have a great season.
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

This is a messageboard not a classroom.
                  Doesnt take away from the fac that if your consistenly speling words uncorrectly it effects how you're post souns.
                  Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Doesnt take away from the fac that if your consistenly speling words uncorrectly it effects how you're post souns.

"You're gonna die angry and miss everything cool." --Patton Oswalt
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

"You're gonna die angry and miss everything cool." --Patton Oswalt
                      I don't know about that. I'm no japfaff haha.
                      Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

I don't know about that. I'm no japfaff haha.
                        Japfaff is actually a really nice guy he's just heavily opinionated.
                        sigpic

Comment

This team is complete, go to the super bowl!

Comment

Originally posted by orangewild999 View Post
                            This team is complete, go to the super bowl!
                            Lol - nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 350legend View Post
                              Im hoping he stays injury free. and could play to his natural form again!
                              What is his "natural form"? He's had one, maybe two, above average seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikG View Post
                                What a ridiculous statement. Ty Warren was signed on August 3, 2011 after the NFL lockout and was injured on August 16, 2011. How could ANYONE have been "absolutely atrocious in practice and preseason" in that short amount of time? And, he was also SLOWLY being worked into being on the field at all since he missed the entire year before with injury.

His first day on the field at ALL was August 5, 2011, the first day free agents could even practice.

The first scrimmage was August 6, which Ty Warren didn't even PARTICIPATE in because he had just arrived.

His injury occurred August 15.

The truth is that we don't know HOW Ty Warren is going to be, since he basically hasn't played in 2 years, INCLUDING for the Broncos last year. He's a smart addition because he's produced in the past, fits the measurables, and has a reasonable contract (this year, after paying him all that money last year).

How about we feel satisfied at a sensible move, but just reserve judgement beyond that, huh?
                                It's not ridiculous when it's true. Anyone that gets manhandled by JD Walton and Zane Beadles is less than satisfactory.

Comment

Working...
                                X