• Show
Clear All

• Peyton's new place is Shanahan's old house

Peyton's new place is Shanahan's old house
    June 08, 2012 12:00 PM
    ShareThis| Print Story | E-Mail Story
    EDDIE PELLS
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Peyton Manning is taking over John Elway's old job — and living in Mike Shanahan's old house.

The Associated Press learned about the arrangement the Broncos new quarterback made with the Redskins coach, who before going to Washington teamed with Elway in the 1990s to bring two Super Bowl titles to Denver.

Though Denver and Washington are in different conferences and only play once every four years, some might still call this a case of sleeping at the enemy's digs. Regardless, Manning is certainly living in style. Shanahan's house is a 35,000-square-foot mansion in Cherry Hills Village, one of the Denver area's fanciest neighborhoods. It's only expected to be a temporary deal until Manning finds a permanent place to live in the Mile High City.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen once called Shanahan his coach for life, which might help explain why the coach built the colossus of a house, which has an elevator, a bowling alley and a 3,603-square-foot garage.

Right around the time the house was being finished in early 2009, however, Shanahan got fired. After a year away from the game, he took over for the Redskins, but the coach and his wife never had any intention of selling their Denver home.

Earlier this year, when Manning was hopping around the country visiting teams, one of the coaches he met with was Shanahan. But the meeting came shortly after the Redskins made a trade for the second overall draft pick that would land them Robert Griffin III.

That took Washington out of the market for a quarterback. But it didn't prevent Shanahan from hooking up Manning with a new home.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/old-...#ixzz1xEHsWUpq
    Where is this season going?

Wow, 35000 sq ft?
    sigpic
    2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
      Wow, 35000 sq ft?
      I know man...that's like my house x 35.....yesh....
      sigpic

Comment

Shanny probably gave him a break on rent.
        sigpic
        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

While he's there, he should probably take advantage of one of Shanny's many tanning beds.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            I know man...that's like my house x 35.....yesh....
            His 3600 sq ft garage is 3 times the size of my house!!!
            Where is this season going?

Comment

Living in style! Well played Manning and Shanny!

Thx,
              Joe
              To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Eli was just on sportscenter and said Peyton is moving out of Shanahan's place and into a place of his own.

Comment

I read a stupid article the other day that said the twins will hate losing the bowling alley and kids arcade. I don't think they remembered how old the twins are, haha

Comment

Originally posted by daisymay_tr View Post
                    I read a stupid article the other day that said the twins will hate losing the bowling alley and kids arcade. I don't think they remembered how old the twins are, haha
                    Yeah, at 15 months old you're more entertained by empty boxes than by arcades

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      While he's there, he should probably take advantage of one of Shanny's many tanning beds.
                      I'm wondering what his bar looks like.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

http://www.sharapovasthigh.com/2012/...on-denver.html

New Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning closed the deal on a $4,575,000 million mansion in the Denver suburbs on Monday, according to TMZ.

Specifically, the house is located in Cherry Hills Village (which is about 10 miles from where I live, actually), a neighborhood that also features the home of Hall of Fame quarterback and current Broncos executive vice president of football operations, John Elway.

The house is 16,000 square feet, and has 7 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, a 7-car garage, a gated entrance, a panic room, and an elevator.
                        sigpic
                        2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                        2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                        BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Not a shabby little place eh....

Comment

Well, it seems as though Peyton is in for the long haul in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
                              Well, it seems as though Peyton is in for the long haul in Denver.
                              Eh, that's probably half of his takehome pay just this season after taxes. He'll live there a couple years, and if he and his family like Denver, maybe they'll even keep it!

Comment

Working...
                              X