Matt Prater can now move out of a hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Prater can now move out of a hotel

This was actually shocking to me.. Wheather he had the money or not, to actually live in a hotel for that period of time is mind boggling for me.. But he deserved every penny he got with this new deal, !!!

The kicker in Broncos kicker Matt Prater’s long-term deal is that Prater can now buy a house in Denver.

Prater, as it turns out, didn’t have a place to live in Denver. He told C.J. and Kreckman of 102.3 ESPN in Denver that, during his prior time with the team, Prater rested his legs, and the rest of his body, at a hotel.

“I’m actually in the process of looking for a condo or townhouse, because I’ve actually lived in a hotel for the last five years,” Prater said (via SportsRadioInterviews.com). “So I’m excited about moving out of the hotel.”

It could have been worse. He could have been living in a van down by the river.

Prater cashed in thanks in part to an ability to consistently kick the ball out of the end zone from the tee, and an ability to consistently put the ball through the uprights in the clutch. He said that his favorite moment from 2011 came at the end of the uncanny come-from-behind win over the Bears, when a 59-yard field goal not kicked by Tim Tebow forced overtime and a 51-yarder not kicked by Tim Tebow won the game.

“[I]t was later in the year and there were a couple seconds left and it was a longer kick,” Prater said. “I like kicking those longer ones; I don’t know why, I just expect to make them every time. . . . I think just the situation of the game, and then getting to hit another 50-yarder in overtime to win it was pretty awesome.”

Yes it was. And thanks to those kicks he can now afford to buy the hotel. And the van. And the river.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-of-a-hotel/
    sigpic

Dang! I didn't know that!

I'd wager that it was pretty nice hotel, though.

Still, much better to have your own place! I'm happy for him, the team, and us fans!!!

Comment

Man i would of rented out a place with a teammate or something.

Comment

It's pretty common for a lot of these guys. Most have homes in their respective home town and stay in hotels during the season depending on what team they're with.

This is especially common for the guys that move from team to team a lot.

Comment

Glad he's getting his own place now. Best Kicker in the league!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Thats gotta get pretty expensive to live out of a hotel though. Any apartment or house would have been cheaper I would have thought. Never knew that though. And I think that was my favorite Prater moment last year as well. I remember being at that game and all these Bronco fans leaving early, and I've always wanted to go to a Broncos game where fans left early, and then we came back. Every time the fans leave early, we usually lost the game anyways But I really felt like our magic was over during that game. No way did I think we'd come back from 10 down with 3 min left. And then the near onside kick that we almost got made me sick. But then getting the ball back with less than a minute, I was happy to have a chance.

And the fact that we had a chance to kick a 59 yarder to tie it was just crazy. I couldn't believe my eyes when he drilled it. Such a classic moment right there, and then it got even wilder in overtime. Prater is a bad man, and I'm glad he is in Denver. Its nice to have a kicker come up time and time again in the clutch like he did. I hope he starts having some clutch post season moments in the near future as well.
            :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Glad he got a new deal, glad he can get a home.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

No wonder he hangs out in strip clubs and takes strippers to a hotel, he lived there. :dance:
                sigpic
                Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I remember hearing last season he lived in a hotel, I think so anyway because when I read the OP I got a sense of deja vu, however I didn't know he lived in one for that long!

Glad we gave him a new deal anyway, was one of our priorities.
                  Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

What a scrub, he acts like he couldn't afford anything else for the last 5 years

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Living in a hotel is not cheap.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Think about Free Maid Service.......Free Breakfast..........Interesting.....

Comment

Originally posted by DOMAN8R View Post
                          Think about Free Maid Service.......Free Breakfast..........Interesting.....
                          That's what I'm saying! Ultimate bachelor pad. And monthly prices for suites aren't really that far above a luxury apartment rental......... Man if I were 24 and unmarried again...........
                          #swapping

Comment

And you know if they got a hotel bar, that's like a five year party right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                              And you know if they got a hotel bar, that's like a five year party right there.
                              "The Roof The Roof The Roof is on Fire " Party Time hahhaaha!

Comment

Working...
                              X