Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    Thanks for the welcome

It would be out of character for Elway. I was suprised to see that we were one of the teams showing interest. We've been going for team captains in our recent drafts. Maybe they want to test that leadership with a gamble.

The name is classic. "Lumpkin the Pumpkin in the middle of the Orange Crush defense"
    The pumpkin... makes me think of some sort of bright orange spray on tan from jersey shore... but I digress..

I find we do have some rather strong leaders around the team right now so it might be worth it.. especially with djs pending suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
      It's very possible.. I won't claim to know what he is thinking and he hasn't been here long enough to say one way or another. I am all for taking a chance on someone, especially if the FO feels we have the leadership in place to reign in a young man who has some issues like Lumpkin does.
      I think you were on the right track before.

While it might be fine to take a chance on some guys with character issues, I don't think you give up a pick for a guy like Lumpkin. If he has a sense of entitlement without money, he's only going to get worse with money.

At best, a team should only take a chance on him as an undrafted player.
      Last edited by broncolee; 07-10-2012, 03:43 PM.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
        The pumpkin... makes me think of some sort of bright orange spray on tan from jersey shore... but I digress..

I find we do have some rather strong leaders around the team right now so it might be worth it.. especially with djs pending suspension.
        Ugh, DJ. This guy isn't looking to bright. What is he thinking and who is this guy listening to? He had the DUI looming, then has the posi test. You would think he would pull back and start acting contrite. Instead he tries to sue the NFL for the posi and that blows up in his face. His second DUI is on the horizon and I can't see that going well. We could lose him for 10 games. All this is worth the trouble if he's got some tread left and is dominant, you might try to work with that and get him on track, but he's supposed to be a leader not a headache. He's aged and IMO was never dominant, just solid. Leads me to believe our LB corps is pretty weak overall otherwise why bother with this.

Lumpkin sounds like trouble but give him a shot, he's young and maybe a reality check has happened for him. DJ is supposed to be a veteran leader that understand reality and yet he's pulling a Lumpkin.
        Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

How does this work anyway, just whomever gives the highest pick for him? I certainly wouldn't get in a bidding war for him. Hopefully he scares everyone off and we get him for nothing.

I'll agree money may make him worse, but he'll have so many clauses in his contract that he won't be able to cut an SBD without someone knowing about it and cutting him. This isn't like some first rounder you have to sign for so many years and tolerate their immaturity. This kid is coming in treading water, sink or swim.
          Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

The name is classic."Lumpkin the Pumpkin in the middle of the Orange Crush defense"
            Funny stuff,CP Forthcoming

Comment

So is he free to sign with anyone?

Comment

Lumpkin sounds like a person Jim Carrey would play in a movie..Almost like the name of the guy he played in he Mask.

course that name was Lpkiss.. LOL

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!
                Last edited by BANJOPICKER1; 07-12-2012, 08:21 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

It would be out of character for Elway. I was suprised to see that we were one of the teams showing interest. We've been going for team captains in our recent drafts. Maybe they want to test that leadership with a gamble.

The name is classic. "Lumpkin the Pumpkin in the middle of the Orange Crush defense"
                  Lets at least hope if we do give him a try, he doesn't become Lumpkin the Bumpkin. :
                  People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                    So is he free to sign with anyone?
                    Yep. He's just a street free agent right now.

Comment

Lumpkin just signed with the Colts

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                        Funny stuff,CP Forthcoming
                        It'd be even better if his name was Barry or something that started with a B.

Then it'd be B. Lumpkin...........
                        Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Working...
                        X