• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demaryius Thomas on NFL Network

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player...content_stream

This guy is just so bad at interviews lol
    sigpic

Comment

Most of his answers are good and low-key but it seems like he just woke up lul.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

He needs to take a communications/public speaking class. smh its embarrassing because im an african american man, and he makes us all look bad when he gives interviews. He sounds very un educated for a guy that graduated from GA Tech,(one of the hardest schools to get into) its starting to lead me to believe teachers gave him a "C" avg, so he could play football. Im from atlanta, and i know the whole state of GA from high school and college are serious about football and will pass kids just to keep them on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
          He needs to take a communications/public speaking class. smh its embarrassing because im an african american man, and he makes us all look bad when he gives interviews. He sounds very un educated for a guy that graduated from GA Tech,(one of the hardest schools to get into) its starting to lead me to believe teachers gave him a "C" avg, so he could play football. Im from atlanta, and i know the whole state of GA from high school and college are serious about football and will pass kids just to keep them on the field.

DT graduated with a fairly high GPA. I think it was a 3.7 or something to that effect. He also got a very high wonderlic score. He's a bright kid who just doesn't excel at public speeking.

It's no big deal....
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            DT graduated with a fairly high GPA. I think it was a 3.7 or something to that effect. He also got a very high wonderlic score. He's a bright kid who just doesn't excel at public speeking.

It's no big deal....
            ^^^this

Thomas is a very smart person, just a bad interviewer. He scored a 34 on the wonderlic which is well above average and was second among wide receivers that year (Decker was first with a 43).

Comment

As an AMERICAN who happens to be BLACK (forgive me if I don't consider my self AFRICAN AMERICAN, that's a PM or Locker Room discussion, lol!), I have to disagree. DT does not define an entire race because he's not an eloquent speaker. That is an archaic way of thought and statements like yours keeps it alive. I am not, nor have I ever been, defined by some entertainer/athlete. I define myself, period. Would it be just to define all American's who happen to be White by David Duke? Or All American's who happen to be Asian by the late Kim Jong Il? No it's stupidity to do that, and even more backwards to continue that regressive frame of thought.

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

It's no big deal....
              Right! I could care less about how he "sounds". He's a smart educated young man, who I get to cheer for 16+ Sunday's a year.
              #swapping

Comment

Our head varsity coach at the high school I coach at went to Nevada on football scholarship and he's said twice a professor passed him because he was a 3 year starting left tackle..

That said, DT sounds like he just struggles in public speaking and is actually very intelligent.. regardless, its not a big deal but if he wanted to work on it it wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  As an AMERICAN who happens to be BLACK (forgive me if I don't consider my self AFRICAN AMERICAN, that's a PM or Locker Room discussion, lol!), I have to disagree. DT does not define an entire race because he's not an eloquent speaker. That is an archaic way of thought and statements like yours keeps it alive. I am not, nor have I ever been, defined by some entertainer/athlete. I define myself, period. Would it be just to define all American's who happen to be White by David Duke? Or All American's who happen to be Asian by the late Kim Jong Il? No it's stupidity to do that, and even more backwards to continue that regressive frame of thought.

Right! I could care less about how he "sounds". He's a smart educated young man, who I get to cheer for 16+ Sunday's a year.
                  Good post.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post

I have to agree, the only way to use the logic of African American is if you were born in Africa and became and American citizen. I am one generation removed from Europe, but I am just an American, as I was born here. Weh letting media and other people of fame condemn a whole ethnicity or race that does nothing but hold back a progressive movement that we are all Americans. Great Post, Cp coming.

Comment

Working...
                    X