Elvis Dumervil: 'Truth will come out' about arrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvis Dumervil: 'Truth will come out' about arrest

Denver Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil told The Denver Post that "the truth will come out" regarding his arrest on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon Saturday night.

Dumervil was charged with the felony by Miami Beach police on Saturday after he and Andy Aguste allegedly showed guns to a couple involved in a traffic dispute with the pair.

Dumervil texted a simple message -- "The truth will come out," -- to the newspaper. The Post cited two sources close to the player who said he had not been carrying a gun. The sources also said that a gun confiscated by police was not Dumervil's, nor was the Land Rover that he allegedly was driving before the arrest.

The Post reported on Tuesday that police found and recovered a .40-caliber handgun from the glove compartment of the Land Rover and found another gun in a Mercedes that Aguste had been riding in.

According to the Post, police will focus on fingerprint tests on the weapons as part of their investigation, though a police spokeswoman would not confirm that.

The newspaper also reported that a 911 call was made regarding the incident, though the caller was not specific enough to definitively link Dumervil to a crime.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ule=HP11_MYNFL

The truth might come out but it's too late to repair the way the team image and his own personal image was affected by the whole incident.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Wether or not he's guilty, the fact remains bad things happen when you hang out with idiots
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

According to the Post, police will focus on fingerprint tests on the weapons as part of their investigation, though a police spokeswoman would not confirm that.
        I thought the MBPD didn't check for prints?
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

It would be a pretty "101" move to make. Check the registration on the gun (if any). OK it is or isn't Dunvervils. Next check prints. He said he didn't have a gun. If there are prints on in but none his, good for Dumervil. If there are none, inconclusive.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            Wether or not he's guilty, the fact remains bad things happen when you hang out with idiots
            Exactly

When you hang out with people that results in you driving a car with a handgun in the glovebox then mistakes were made prior to even getting on the shouting/honking stuff.

Personally I kinda wonder if this is a setup to get money from Doom. Sounds wild but I have seen broke people do far more for 200 or less. These fools probably think a six figure payday is possible.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              It would be a pretty "101" move to make. Check the registration on the gun (if any). OK it is or isn't Dunvervils. Next check prints. He said he didn't have a gun. If there are prints on in but none his, good for Dumervil. If there are none, inconclusive.
              Wouldn't they have printed the weapons immediately?
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

People jump to a lot of conclusions. I'm gonna have to say I support Doom on this until proven otherwise. I personally don't think its too late for anything. The full story has not come out. We shall see but I have seen nothing in Doom so far that would lead me to not give him the benefit of the doubt. HE IS NOT BRANDON MARSHALL. I'm gonna go with I support Doom.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                  People jump to a lot of conclusions. I'm gonna have to say I support Doom on this until proven otherwise. I personally don't think its too late for anything. The full story has not come out. We shall see but I have seen nothing in Doom so far that would lead me to not give him the benefit of the doubt. HE IS NOT BRANDON MARSHALL. I'm gonna go with I support Doom.
                  I'm with FL Bronco!
                  sigpic

Comment

What ever the truth is, @ this point , the damage is done.. These guys have to be more aware of what and who they hang with.. If he was a so call good friend of his or a childhood buddy then they would have to respect doom if he told them , Hey dont bring that or i cant hang tonight, I like doom but the decisions he make is mind boggling! smh
                    sigpic

Comment

Why are people judging him by who he hangs out with? Now if your buddies are big trouble makers then maybe but I have not heard that the people with Doom have been big trouble makers in the past. Not one report that says they have been arrested before or are trouble makers.

I have a very good friend that is a Denver Police officer and out of all the people we hang out with he is the most likely to get in trouble doing something wrong. He is a great guy and would step in front of a bullet for you but he has been known to make a few mistakes in his past. I do not think he would pull his gun in a situation like this but it wouldn't surprise me that he would have gone up to this woman's car grabbed her by the ears and dragged out of her car and given her a what for. Then when boy friend came around to help he would have put him in his place right away.

You cannot always predict what other people are going to do and if they felt Doom was in harms way they may have been coming to help him out.

Quit guessing when you do not know these people.

Now if they are known gang members and you are hanging out with them it is your own fault but that does not appear to be the case here so lets keep the guessing to a minimum.
                      sigpic
                      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                        Why are people judging him by who he hangs out with? Now if your buddies are big trouble makers then maybe but I have not heard that the people with Doom have been big trouble makers in the past. Not one report that says they have been arrested before or are trouble makers.

I have a very good friend that is a Denver Police officer and out of all the people we hang out with he is the most likely to get in trouble doing something wrong. He is a great guy and would step in front of a bullet for you but he has been known to make a few mistakes in his past. I do not think he would pull his gun in a situation like this but it wouldn't surprise me that he would have gone up to this woman's car grabbed her by the ears and dragged out of her car and given her a what for. Then when boy friend came around to help he would have put him in his place right away.

You cannot always predict what other people are going to do and if they felt Doom was in harms way they may have been coming to help him out.

Quit guessing when you do not know these people.

Now if they are known gang members and you are hanging out with them it is your own fault but that does not appear to be the case here so lets keep the guessing to a minimum.
                        Dude, flashing guns over a road rage incident is stupid. Why are they packing hand guns on the strip anyway?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          Dude, flashing guns over a road rage incident is stupid. Why are they packing hand guns on the strip anyway?
                          Dude, Just because they did something stupid doesn't necessarily mean they are bad people. People kill other people every day by drinking and driving. A lot of those people are very nice and good people, but they just made a really stupid mistake and used poor judgement.

I do not own a gun and I think our world would be a much nicer place if all hand guns were destroyed but that is not going to happen so you have to live with it. I wish NO ONE packed a hand gun, but it is people's right to carry them if they so choose and it is not against the law in most states if you have a license.

Until the laws are changed things like this will continue to happen. Just like what happened to those poor people here in Aurora last night that were just out to see a movie and get gunned down by some lunatic that purchased all his guns and ammo legally.

My prayers go out to all those people and their families.
                          sigpic
                          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I respect your opinion, I'm just not so understanding of stupid behavior. I've been around guns and have owned guns for nearly the entirety of my life and I have NEVER threatened anyone with a gun. I hung out with someone one summer a long time ago who pulled stunts like that. I quit hanging out with him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

When you hang out with people that results in you driving a car with a handgun in the glovebox then mistakes were made prior to even getting on the shouting/honking stuff.
                              I agree with that!
                              John Elway will help be part of a team of people that will bring this team a championship!
                              Are you living in the past, or do you mean another championship?
                              Last edited by BoltWalt; 07-20-2012, 11:19 PM.
                              Rolling, rolling, rolling on the Rivers​​

Comment

Working...
                              X