Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos happy to have Jack Del Rio, but his stay could be short term.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos happy to have Jack Del Rio, but his stay could be short term.....

    In the last ten years i havent been this Excited... Having JDR as our DC is a blessing and i see us turning around our D back to Orange Crush!!! With that said, it would be ashame if after 1 year JDR desides to jump ship giving the history that he know of, having 7 DC in the last couple of years...


    Del Rio, who coached the Jacksonville Jaguars, could be a candidate for another head coaching job in 2013. Especially if the Broncos have a successful 2012 season.

    The Raiders hired Allen after Denver's defense last year ranked only 20th in the 32-team league in yards allowed and 24th in points allowed. But that was a big improvement over Denver's defensive rankings in 2010.

    Denver's only top-10 defense the last six years was in 2009, when Mike Nolan was the coordinator. But that was the season the Josh McDaniels-coached Broncos started 6-0 and finished 8-8.

    Defensive coordinators tend to bring their own philosophy to the table. That becomes a problem when turnover at that position is an annual event. The Broncos haven't been able to maintain consistency in their defensive philosophy.

    The Pittsburgh Steelers, for example, have been tracking, drafting and signing similar players on defense for two decades. That's a big reason they have been consistent winners. The Broncos have had none of that continuity. Some of their coordinators wanted bigger players at certain positions, some wanted quicker players and some didn't like who was on the roster when they arrived, so they went for quick fixes by signing free agents to one-year contracts.

    If another team approaches Del Rio after this season about a head coaching job, there isn't much the Broncos can do to keep him. They could add "assistant head coach" to his title, but most assistant coaches in the league want to become head coaches. The difference in pay is extraordinary, and head coaches have contracts that guarantee the money they're owed.




    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...me-buzztap.com
    sigpic

  • #2
    He told PM he was going to stay, I believe PMs exact question to McCoy and JDR was "so are you guys one and done or do you plan on sticking around?"
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      He told PM he was going to stay, I believe PMs exact question to McCoy and JDR was "so are you guys one and done or do you plan on sticking around?"
      Sounds about right, thats why i feel, moving foward OC is back real soon, STAY TUNED!!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I do share your concern, but personally I would think that after the disaster that was Jacksonville that JDR might want to go back to just worrying about his defense and not all the politics and garbage that come with being a HC. As I stated in another thread about this. For most people - It's better to have a job you LOVE and make less money then to have a job that stresses you out and is full of B.S. and make more money. That's just my thought and of course only time will tell. I could see him leaving after a while, but i'm thinking more like 3-4 years... hopefully longer.

        Comment


        • #5
          Not to worried about JDR. He started setting roots here once he came on. Now I know in NFL life that's usually moot, but for a Coordinator that has already had his HC experience and has expressed no interest in jumping back into it anytime soon, that means a lot. I believe he's going to go the Nolan route, as I have stated b4, and just enjoy non-politic coaching and game planning. I honestly believe that he is here for the long haul. Elway wants stability and I don't think the JDR hire happens if JDR is planning to return to the HC world in a year or 2. The ever changing DC was just as big a problem over the past 8 seasons as any other "red flag" you could point at with this team.
          #swapping

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            Not to worried about JDR. He started setting roots here once he came on. Now I know in NFL life that's usually moot, but for a Coordinator that has already had his HC experience and has expressed no interest in jumping back into it anytime soon, that means a lot. I believe he's going to go the Nolan route, as I have stated b4, and just enjoy non-politic coaching and game planning. I honestly believe that he is here for the long haul. Elway wants stability and I don't think the JDR hire happens if JDR is planning to return to the HC world in a year or 2. The ever changing DC was just as big a problem over the past 8 seasons as any other "red flag" you could point at with this team.
            My point excatly!!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              JDR much like Wade Phillips had such a bad tenure as a headcoach you won't see him coaching again for awhile. People know he can coach as a DC but it's going to take awhile before someone trusts him as a HC again IMO.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Hopefully, in addition to what's been mentioned above, he'll want to stick with us to win a Lombardi (even if it's as a DC and not a HC).
                sigpic
                - ★ -
                2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  Not to worried about JDR. He started setting roots here once he came on. Now I know in NFL life that's usually moot, but for a Coordinator that has already had his HC experience and has expressed no interest in jumping back into it anytime soon, that means a lot. I believe he's going to go the Nolan route, as I have stated b4, and just enjoy non-politic coaching and game planning. I honestly believe that he is here for the long haul. Elway wants stability and I don't think the JDR hire happens if JDR is planning to return to the HC world in a year or 2. The ever changing DC was just as big a problem over the past 8 seasons as any other "red flag" you could point at with this team.
                  Quoted for the truth!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think he moved his family out to Denver, so that would be a short time.

                    As others have said, he's better as a DC.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sSync View Post
                      Hopefully, in addition to what's been mentioned above, he'll want to stick with us to win a Lombardi (even if it's as a DC and not a HC).
                      This is my only hope.

                      Reason being I've seen Elway interviewed and asked about this and Elway admits it's possible JDR could take a HC job and it could be sooner rather than later. And even JDR interviews he's avoided the question himself. He's left the door open to take that HC job and I fear it will happen.

                      So my only recourse is to hope that he loves it here, has success here, has a chance to win the big cheese here. That is the only way he'll stick around
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        When Peyton was looking at teams to join he asked both Offensive & Defensive coordinators if they were going to stick around if the team became successful. JDR said he was going to stay while McCoy stated he would unless the perfect job came his way. McCoy was the one that said he would leave for the right reason not JDR.

                        We definitely need stability and it would be nice if our coordinators would stick around for a while. I can understand why the coordinators would split after the way McStupid ran the place but with Fox we may be able to keep them for a while and get some stability. Even if McCoy leaves we could probably get Peyton's old O-Coordinator after he heals from his knee surgeries.
                        sigpic
                        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 350legend View Post
                          In the last ten years i havent been this Excited... Having JDR as our DC is a blessing and i see us turning around our D back to Orange Crush!!! With that said, it would be ashame if after 1 year JDR desides to jump ship giving the history that he know of, having 7 DC in the last couple of years...


                          Del Rio, who coached the Jacksonville Jaguars, could be a candidate for another head coaching job in 2013. Especially if the Broncos have a successful 2012 season.

                          The Raiders hired Allen after Denver's defense last year ranked only 20th in the 32-team league in yards allowed and 24th in points allowed. But that was a big improvement over Denver's defensive rankings in 2010.

                          Denver's only top-10 defense the last six years was in 2009, when Mike Nolan was the coordinator. But that was the season the Josh McDaniels-coached Broncos started 6-0 and finished 8-8.

                          Defensive coordinators tend to bring their own philosophy to the table. That becomes a problem when turnover at that position is an annual event. The Broncos haven't been able to maintain consistency in their defensive philosophy.

                          The Pittsburgh Steelers, for example, have been tracking, drafting and signing similar players on defense for two decades. That's a big reason they have been consistent winners. The Broncos have had none of that continuity. Some of their coordinators wanted bigger players at certain positions, some wanted quicker players and some didn't like who was on the roster when they arrived, so they went for quick fixes by signing free agents to one-year contracts.

                          If another team approaches Del Rio after this season about a head coaching job, there isn't much the Broncos can do to keep him. They could add "assistant head coach" to his title, but most assistant coaches in the league want to become head coaches. The difference in pay is extraordinary, and head coaches have contracts that guarantee the money they're owed.




                          http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...me-buzztap.com
                          He's planning on staying a while cause he moved his family here and he spent a long time looking at schools for his son because if I remember right his son is a pretty good high school QB
                          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            I think he moved his family out to Denver, so that would be a short time.

                            As others have said, he's better as a DC.
                            I did read somewhere that while still the headcoach he spent a couple years doing double duty as the dc along with the headcoaching duties. In those years the Jags defense was awful. Obviously the hope would be that the dc duties were too much while also being the headcoach...let's hope.
                            Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think JDR stays on as DC for a while. If he stays past one year we already have improvement in that area at least.
                              sigpic

                              2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X