Decker poised for production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decker poised for production

Article on Decker. Pulled from the Broncos mobile app.

By Sam Davis

Veteran cornerback Champ Bailey has stood across from wide receiver Eric Decker in practice for the entirety of the young wide out's career. As Decker enters his third training camp, Bailey sees "a different person" wearing the same No. 87.

"He's grown so much," Bailey said. "He wants to learn. He wants to be the best. I love that about him. The guy is making tremendous strides and I expect him to get better and better every week."

Decker made a huge stride from his rookie campaign to his second year. In 2010 he made six catches in 14 games. Last year, he jumped to a team-leading 44 receptions and eight touchdown grabs in an offense that set a team record in single-season rushing yards.

This year, with quarterback Peyton Manning under center, the offense will look much different. So will Decker. *

In the offseason, Decker worked out with Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald at his offseason training camp in Minnesota. He said Fitzgerald helped him understand exactly what it takes to be an elite receiver in the NFL.

"Getting the work in the offseason with a guy like Larry Fitzgerald, it helped me compete and understand what it takes to be good at this level - or with a guy like Larry, what it takes to be great," Decker said. "But also what kind of work ethic you need to have to stay in this game. "

He's also absorbing some football knowledge from the Broncos' most polished leaders.

"You've got to focus on nutrition," Decker said. "You've got to take care of yourself physically. You've got to get in the playbook and study all of the teams. Those little things add up because young guys and young players kind of neglect it, but you find out that's important. A kind of guy like Champ Bailey and Peyton Manning, you learn how they study and how they go about their business. You take as much from them and try to build on your own game."

A productive offseason, an 11-time Pro Bowler as his quarterback, and great health - the pieces seem to be in place for a prolific 2012 campaign out of Eric Decker.*

"My health is great. I think I feel comfortable with this organization, the city, what I'm trying to accomplish," Decker said. "A guy like Peyton Manning at quarterback. You've got to take advantage of those opportunities."

Decker working out with Fitzgerald and DT working out with Megatron. Glad to have dedicated receivers like that on the team.

Definitely pick up broncos receivers in your fantasy leagues.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
      Definitely pick up broncos receivers in your fantasy leagues.
      DT/Decker/Tamme, anyone else i'd be wary of.

MAYBE Caldwell or Dreesenn in deeper leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        DT/Decker/Tamme, anyone else i'd be wary of.

MAYBE Caldwell or Dreesenn in deeper leagues.
        I'd draft Caldwell with one of my last picks. I was hopeful for him before training camp, but I think he will exceed even my expectations now.
        Denver Broncos GM
        Originally posted by Mosk
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

He's always struggled with seperation, making him a bad fit for Tebow, but now that Manning is here, Manning should be able to fit it in to even the least bit of seperation.

Can't wait to see Decker this year.

Comment

Our receiver corps really excite me this year
            Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
            X