Woody Paige: Peyton Manning clearly all well and good for Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woody Paige: Peyton Manning clearly all well and good for Broncos

I found this in a Denver post thread, makes me worry BIG time, anyone think I'm out of line?
    I kinda think pass blocking would be a major issue with our QB and all??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other five current offensive starters — "nonskilled?" — are exactly as is — tackles Ryan Clady and Orlando Franklin, guards Zane Beadles and Chris Kuper and center J.D. Walton. But that group struggled to pass block Saturday.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: Woody Paige: Peyton Manning clearly all well and good for Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...#ixzz22gfNVcgM
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!
    sigpic

I don't think the article offers enough information to warrant concern.

It only mentions Warren specifically giving the line trouble. Maybe that's because he's just that good or they just aren't used to going against him in live action. We need to know if any other defensive linemen were causing trouble for the o-line in order to know if there's reason to be concerned.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I dont expect Manning to get out of week 1!

Comment

I prefer to think of our D-line as "that good" rather than our O-line as "that bad"

Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Doesn't DL usually come together sooner than OL? I have always heard coaches say that. Speaking of OL, I have heard that Harris isn't looking all that good. Anyone out there see that practices and can say "yea or Ney"?

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            keep on trolling buddy.
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Each defender has a responsibility which varies with the call. When defensive linemen are executing stunts, they must function together smoothly.

Offensive linemen must function as a unit on each play. The O-Line is the most unit intensive of all positions.

It is normal for defense to be ahead of offense at the time of the first full intra-squad scrimmage.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I've said all along that our interior offensive line could give our passing game fits. Walton needs massive improvement off the ball and I fully expect Manning to be in his ear a lot this year. Fortunately his quick release might make it a little easier but it's not going to be a cakewalk if J.D. and Zane get pushed into his lap on the regular and Big O getting outclassed by faster pass-rushers, both of which happened quite a bit last year. We have some good backfield receivers and checkdown guys to get the ball out fast to. We'll just have to see how it goes. Thursday can't come fast enough.

Comment

Weren't Franklin/Kuper out, i think Franklin might of played though not 100% sure.

Comment

Dude Shut up. Go follow Tebow to the Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by BANJOPICKER1 View Post
                      I found this in a Denver post thread, makes me worry BIG time, anyone think I'm out of line?
                      I kinda think pass blocking would be a major issue with our QB and all??
                      First of all Woody was making a play on words 'skilled' and 'un-skilled'. Since the skilled players are called 'skill players' when he was talking about those players who aren't called "the skilled players" he called them "unskilled?" as if to say (whatta you call the guys who aren't "skilled players". He's not saying our pass blockers are actually unskilled -sort of. He did however report they struggled to pass protect.

The good thing is when someone is having a good day at a single team scrimmage, someone on that same team is probably having a bad day. Am I worried? No Let's see how we do against the Bears on Thursday - then we can talk about what we can worry about

I wonder if the Bears hold any ill will about last season coming into this game lol - although they have noone to blame but themselves.
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I don't see him getting out of week one, without tossing 4 TD passes, 300 yds. And player of the game award!!!

Comment

If we were into the 2nd or 3rd preseason game and our o-line hadn't shown much improvement then I would be concerned. It was such a small sample of plays to go by also, lets see a quarter or a half then assess more accurately. Plus I think our D is going to be sick (top 10) with pass rushing being their forte'. Went to the scrimmage and as a whole I'm excited about what I saw. Gonna be a good year boys can't wait!!!
                          "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Comment

I'm not worried at all, the oline looked great against the steelers and played well most of last season. Our dline is much improved from last year
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I think there is a little bit of concern with the offensive line, but as per usual, the defense always gets going quicker than the offense. I read somewhere else that once Manning was allowed to improvise a bit w/ his audibles, they started making plays. That will be our strength on offense, on-the-fly adjustments.
                              We are going with Plan A

Comment

Working...
                              X