Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Rumors: Colt McCoy to the Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like most posters said I say no way Brock looks ahead of schedule and Weber played decent in the first game so no to McCoy!

Comment

I have been worried about this guy since he had "DEAD ARM" In that bowl game! I'd take Tebow over this guy! (JUST KIDDING)!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
        Think beyond this season. Think 3 or 4 seasons from now. Instead of having 1 prospect (Osweiler) we'd have two prospects at the QB position (Osweiler and McCoy).
        Both of them would be scheduled to be free agents before Manning's contract expires.

What if Manning plays out the contract, what then?

The Broncos are better off going with Osweiler. He would have an incentive to re-sign even if Manning were to play out his contract because he would know that he is the heir apparent. If he knew that he would be competing with someone else to be the heir apparent, he would be more likely to explore other options. The Broncos could find themselves in a position of having to decide whether or not to franchise tag a back up quarterback.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

If we're going to watch poor QB play, I'd rather watch Os get experience than McCoy flounder with no benefit.

Just say NO to the Colt! Besides, he's written books, is religious, and is a self-promoter, which according to some diminishes their value as a football player. If we wanted one of those we could have kept Tebow, at least he played a role in turning his losing team into a playoff winning team.

Comment

No way I can see this happening. I no way is Colt McCoy the prototypical QB that Elway is looking for. I can't see any benefit to bringing him here over any of the guys we currently have.

Comment

I can't really judge Colt just yet, he had a good rookie year and a mediocre sophomore year. I think the Browns are giving up on him to soon. I don't blame Colt for not being happy, Cleveland did just draft a QB in the first round to take over. So what does that tell Colt?

If we were to bring in Colt, what kind of message would that send to Brock? I an kinda on the fence about Brock being the #2 and possibly seeing extended playing time. Some QBs do well being thrown in right away while others clearly do better sitting for a year or two. Do we know how Aaron Rodgers would have turned out if he had went and started his rookie year. Maybe Ryan Leaf would have turned into the stud that he was hyped up to be had he sat for a year or two. Anyways it will not hurt Brock to sit for a year or two, but it might hurt him if he were suddenly thrust in, a couple of ints or some bad hits could shake his confidence, and that is the last thing we would want to see. I will trust Elway's judgement in this situation as he has been through this himself. If Elway says he is not ready, then you can believe that he is not ready.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                I can't really judge Colt just yet, he had a good rookie year and a mediocre sophomore year. I think the Browns are giving up on him to soon. I don't blame Colt for not being happy, Cleveland did just draft a QB in the first round to take over. So what does that tell Colt?

If we were to bring in Colt, what kind of message would that send to Brock? I an kinda on the fence about Brock being the #2 and possibly seeing extended playing time. Some QBs do well being thrown in right away while others clearly do better sitting for a year or two. Do we know how Aaron Rodgers would have turned out if he had went and started his rookie year. Maybe Ryan Leaf would have turned into the stud that he was hyped up to be had he sat for a year or two. Anyways it will not hurt Brock to sit for a year or two, but it might hurt him if he were suddenly thrust in, a couple of ints or some bad hits could shake his confidence, and that is the last thing we would want to see. I will trust Elway's judgement in this situation as he has been through this himself. If Elway says he is not ready, then you can believe that he is not ready.
                Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Comment

Why in the world is some scenario dreamed up by a no name writer on some obscure sports blog. Getting so much attention on here. I am sure if this were true an actual reputable source would have mentioned it. Heck it would be all over NFL network and ESPN for that matter.
                  People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

I don't see where we could put him. He certainly isn't going to beat out Elway's guy, Oz. right now I'm not sure he could beat out Hanie.
                    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

There's been a lot of talk locally about the Packers aquiring McCoy. Not sure if the rumors have any substance.
                      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                      Broncbeat

Comment

If McCoy were a FA maybe, but giving up something for him? No thanks. I think the Broncos should make Brock the backup, ditch Hanie, and stash Weber on the PS again. You save a roster spot which could definitely be useful at other positions and if Manning goes down we might as well go to Brock anyway cause the team is pretty much screwed regardless of who the backup is.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime714 View Post
                          If McCoy were a FA maybe, but giving up something for him? No thanks. I think the Broncos should make Brock the backup, ditch Hanie, and stash Weber on the PS again. You save a roster spot which could definitely be useful at other positions and if Manning goes down we might as well go to Brock anyway cause the team is pretty much screwed regardless of who the backup is.
                          So we would only have one backup behind Manning? Too risky. I'd say keep Weber as the 3rd stringer.
                          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

If josh were still here he would try to trade Manning for colt probably! I am so happy we have ole'. #7 at the helm!

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                              There's been a lot of talk locally about the Packers aquiring McCoy. Not sure if the rumors have any substance.
                              That makes a ton of sense. Graham Harrel was horrible and Colt might have impressed GB a bit Our backups played fine.

Like it really matters who our backup is if Manning goes down anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X