No announcement yet.

Jason Hunter Out For At Least Two Months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That stinks, He was tearing it up in camp.

Comment

its football players will get injured...NEXT MAN UP!!!AYERS..WOLF..GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sigh, he was having a great camp....

Injury bug has hit...

Go away.

Comment

This probably means one of Beal, Jackson, Suliga make the team now...

Comment

Tough blow, but we got the depth on the DL to make due unlike in years past...

Comment

Only two months? Is this not the same injiry that put Warren on IR last year?

Comment

I know Ayers probably happy, then again, they might end up starting Wolfe.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  Only two months? Is this not the same injiry that put Warren on IR last year?
                  Could be less severe than Warrens.

Comment

That sucks, he was playing lights out. Guess Ayers needs to really step it up now.
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                      That sucks, he was playing lights out. Guess Ayers needs to really step it up now.
                      Or Derek Wolfe

A starting lineup of Dumervil - Bannan - Warren - Wolfe looks NASTY

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        Only two months? Is this not the same injury that put Warren on IR last year?
                        Yes. They tried to keep Warren on the PUP list, but sometime in October he had to have surgery which ended his season. Same thing is possible with Hunter. Try and imagine trying to fend off 330 lbs. DTs with a torn triceps.

This is a big chance for Robert Ayers to show if he can step up. This is his 3rd year and he'd be relegated to backing up Dumervil. That's a sign that Fox & Del Rio aren't happy with him since Doom doesn't come off the field that much.

This gives Ayers one last chance. If he doesn't step it up this season don't expect to see him around next year because Fox & Co. have ZERO invested in Robert Ayers. The guy who drafted him is long gone.
                        sigpic

Comment

Its always sad to hear that a player is injured, and worse when its a player that has been playin good. I think the broncos will be fine though. Theres good depth at de

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
                            I know Ayers probably happy, then again, they might end up starting Wolfe.
                            Even if they start Wolfe, Ayers will get plenty of plays. For instance they will move Wolfe inside to DT on pass-rushing situations in place of Bannan.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hunter is now officially out for the year. :sigh:
                              Barring a medical miracle, Jason Hunter is not likely to play in 2012.

The Broncos' starting defensive end suffered a torn right triceps during an early training camp drill Tuesday.

"They said it was like 95 percent torn," Hunter said Wednesday afternoon. "They told me mine was hanging on like a piece of rope. I don't want to count myself completely out even though I know the severity of my injury. But I'm going to let the team coach me up on this and wait until they tell me what the next step is."
                              Plus, Hillman may be out for the year as well. The question is whether he aggravated the hamstring injury or merely re-popped the hamstring.

If he aggravated it, he could be out all year.

As for Kuper, he broke his ulena (the outer bone in his forearm). This is tough to come back from because you need to extend your forearm to make plays which makes it harder to play with a cast, but perhaps not impossible.

He COULD be back sometime in October.
                              Last edited by Cugel; 08-15-2012, 04:14 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

BroncoTalk ‏@BroncoTalk
                                New on BT: Hunter to injured reserve; Wolfe to replace him http://bit.ly/RXnnrA #Broncos #NFL

Comment

Working...
                                X