Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomax
    replied
    Sorry to hear about Hunter. They really like him. But the Broncos are deep at DE. They may not move Ayers back over to the left at all. They didn't in camp today. We'll see how the rotation changes on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    This is so huge.....Hunter for me was the biggest suprise in camp. But this is Ayers last shot. He got a reprieve and now he has to take it. He will get the nod over Wolfe he is a more rounded player ATM, plus it will keep Wolfe fresher for nickel pass rush. But if Ayers fails again, I can see him cut.....And I think that his leash is going to be short...real short

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    If Ayers hasn't earned his spot neither has Bannan. Bannan has barely played during training camp.
    I don't like Justin Bannan and I've made it known. But he was immediately installed with the starters when he returned a few days ago. Guess coaches have already made up their mind that he's their starter barring injury

Leave a comment:

• Peyton&Eli_fan
    replied
    Out for 4 months, likely IR bound

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    Just saw Fox interviewed briefly on the news.. looks like Wolfe is the starter.. for now.
    Ayers is number two... according to the news report on 9 news just now.

Man alive, our guys are dropping like flies.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Why did we put him on IR? He woulda been back in late October/November.

Edit: ahhh I see 4 months now. Bummer guy.

Glad we're deep at at least one position.

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Somewhere Robert Ayers is doing the Marcus Thomas penalty dance.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Foxxy just said 4 months

That's IR fo sho

Leave a comment:

• Br0nc0Buster
    replied
    Sucks to hear that about Jason
    surprised Wolfe got the nod over Ayers though

Hopefully Jason can come back and play this year

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    BroncoTalk ‏@BroncoTalk
    New on BT: Hunter to injured reserve; Wolfe to replace him http://bit.ly/RXnnrA #Broncos #NFL
    Here's your chance to shine Derek! Best of luck to you!
    As well as best wishes and prayers to Hunter and his family for a speedy thorough recovery

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Or Derek Wolfe

A starting lineup of Dumervil - Bannan - Warren - Wolfe looks NASTY
    If Ayers hasn't earned his spot neither has Bannan. Bannan has barely played during training camp.

Leave a comment:

• Peyton&Eli_fan
    replied
    BroncoTalk ‏@BroncoTalk
    New on BT: Hunter to injured reserve; Wolfe to replace him http://bit.ly/RXnnrA #Broncos #NFL

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Hunter is now officially out for the year. :sigh:
    Barring a medical miracle, Jason Hunter is not likely to play in 2012.

The Broncos' starting defensive end suffered a torn right triceps during an early training camp drill Tuesday.

"They said it was like 95 percent torn," Hunter said Wednesday afternoon. "They told me mine was hanging on like a piece of rope. I don't want to count myself completely out even though I know the severity of my injury. But I'm going to let the team coach me up on this and wait until they tell me what the next step is."
    Plus, Hillman may be out for the year as well. The question is whether he aggravated the hamstring injury or merely re-popped the hamstring.

If he aggravated it, he could be out all year.

As for Kuper, he broke his ulena (the outer bone in his forearm). This is tough to come back from because you need to extend your forearm to make plays which makes it harder to play with a cast, but perhaps not impossible.

He COULD be back sometime in October.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-15-2012, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
    I know Ayers probably happy, then again, they might end up starting Wolfe.
    Even if they start Wolfe, Ayers will get plenty of plays. For instance they will move Wolfe inside to DT on pass-rushing situations in place of Bannan.

Leave a comment:

• GettinBuck90
    replied
    Its always sad to hear that a player is injured, and worse when its a player that has been playin good. I think the broncos will be fine though. Theres good depth at de

Leave a comment:

Working...
X