• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Williams, Jonathan Vilma ban Goodell from their restaurant

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ce=rsshomeblog

Williams, Jonathan Vilma ban Goodell from their restaurant
    By Lindsay Jones
    The Denver Post

Hopefully Roger Goodell wasn’t planning on getting a meal at Brother Jimmy’s BBQ restaurant next time he’s in Miami.

Three NFL linebackers, including Denver’s own D.J. Williams, have made it clear Goodell isn’t welcome.

Williams, New Orleans’ Jonathan Vilma and Carolina’s Jon Beason recently opened the new restaurant, a branch of the New York City barbecue joint, and even more recently, signs have have appeared in the shop’s windows declaring Goodell as persona non grata inside.
    Twitter user @AllIn1Pro/Ira Haber

A twitter user named Ira Haber posted a photo of the poster, and the link has since gone viral. An employee at the restaurant told USA Today that Goodell was, indeed, not allowed inside.

The players’ disdain for Goodell is not surprising. The NFL commissioner has suspended Williams and Vilma for all or part of the 2012 seasons. Williams will miss (at least) six games for his violation of the banned substance policy, and Vilma has been suspended the whole season for his role in Bountygate. In responde, both Williams and Vilma have filed lawsuits against the NFL (Williams) and Goodell (Vilma). Goodell could also add more games to Williams’ 2012 suspension because of Williams’ conviction last week on a DWAI charge.

But now that they’ve involved beef brisket and pulled pork …. things got serious.
    Couldn't he have waited until at least AFTER Goodell gave him his extra games suspension?
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Sorry but I think this is absolutely hilarious

Comment

Comment

I'm sure Goodell is extemely upset about this.
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I doubt DJ had any decision in this. Most likekly it was either the manager or Vilma. Both Beason and DJ are preparing for the next preseason game.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Free Press / advertising for their restaurant...

Maybe DJ actually wants his business to succeed so he has something after football... maybe this is actually a savvy business move to raise their business' profile.... maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
              I'm sure Goodell is extemely upset about this.
              He probably wouldn't give a crap but if he's deciding on whether or not to reduce DJ's suspension and he hears about it he might not end up taking games off the suspension.

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              I doubt DJ had any decision in this. Most likekly it was either the manager or Vilma. Both Beason and DJ are preparing for the next preseason game.
              I didn't know it took a lot of effort to warm the bench.

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
              Free Press / advertising for their restaurant...

Maybe DJ actually wants his business to succeed so he has something after football... maybe this is actually a savvy business move to raise their business' profile.... maybe...
              That probably has helped their advertising a lot. I bet DJ could make a lot more money by earning his paycheck by playing, though.
              sigpic

Comment

Beason maybe, DJ is probably prepping for his next drug test.
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    He probably wouldn't give a crap but if he's deciding on whether or not to reduce DJ's suspension and he hears about it he might not end up taking games off the suspension.

I didn't know it took a lot of effort to warm the bench.

That probably has helped their advertising a lot. I bet DJ could make a lot more money by earning his paycheck by playing, though.
                    Forgot that back-ups dont prepare for games. It must be the best job in the world to be a back-up to goof off and do nothing
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Forgot that back-ups dont prepare for games. It must be the best job in the world to be a back-up to goof off and do nothing
                      Dymelyfe ..... or whatever it is

Comment

Well I want to eat there now because some BBQ sounds kick ass right now.

Like they say, any press is good press. I'm sure this will help bring in customers.

Comment

I forgot that it takes so much time and effort to print out a picture with words on it and tape it to a door.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                            Well I want to eat there now because some BBQ sounds kick ass right now.

Like they say, any press is good press. I'm sure this will help bring in customers.
                            in a city that is angry at the commish right now after he suspended the players/ coach etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                              hahaha DJ is an idiot, there is no way this was his idea, it's too awesome, and doesn't involve strippers.

Comment

Working...
                              X