X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerell Robinson Signs W/Arizona

@SamAlzahawi lol yea im blessed im headed to the cardinals
    https://twitter.com/G_Rob10/status/241995672977559552

I really wanted him to at least make our PS, oh well good luck to him.

Arizona saw glimpses of his talent on Thursday. Wish we could have retained him.

Comment

Wish we could of kept him over Orton...

Or did they claim him?

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        Wish we could of kept him over Orton...

Or did they claim him?
        No they just signed him to their Practice Squad. Sounds like Broncos just simply didn't want him.

Comment

Wonder who is gonna get that 8th spot
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Bummed about this

He looked great when I went to TC and had a solid preseason. Looked like a really promising player. I wish him the best, but it is sad to see him go.

Comment

Yeah that's disappointing but I guess it's to leave room for someone better. Or at least leave room for someone who will help us win now.
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by JAY6 View Post
                No they just signed him to their Practice Squad. Sounds like Broncos just simply didn't want him.
                That's not necessarily true. If a player isn't signed to the active roster, or claimed by another team and signed to their active roster, they can choose to sign onto any practice squad that wants them.

Mike Shanahan tried to sign Tony Romo to the Broncos' practice squad and he chose Dallas instead. From what I read in the Adam Weber thread, Weber turned us down to go to Tampa. I'm guessing that's why we have an empty spot. We probably offered it to Adam, then offered it to Robinson.
                All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

I hope nothing but the best for Gerrell. But i guess he will miss out playing with Peyton, if the oppoortunity ever arose.
                  HE>i

Comment

He's probably happy that he's back in Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                      He's probably happy that he's back in Arizona.
                      Idk bout that haha. Whos gonna throw him the ball? Im sure hed much rather be in denver.

Comment

He may have been offered a spot on the Broncos PS before Denver signed Orton but wanted to wait and see if he could latch on with Arizona. He went to college out there and it was probably like going home for him.

Comment

Damn that sucks! Kid has a LOT of upside, wish him well just wish he were still a Bronco.

Thx,
                          Joe
                          To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

In theory he is still available. If we have a couple early injuries at WR and want to sign him to our active roster, I'm sure he would sign.

Comment

Originally posted by SummitBronc View Post
                              In theory he is still available. If we have a couple early injuries at WR and want to sign him to our active roster, I'm sure he would sign.
                              Exactly, people are acting like Arizona just signed him to a 5 year contract, if/when somebody gets hurt we can easily grab him off their practice squad.

Comment

Working...
                              X