Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These rookies have key Week 1 roles(Wolfe to start at LDE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These rookies have key Week 1 roles(Wolfe to start at LDE)

Denver, defensive end Derek Wolfe: The second-round pick is going to start at left end. The versatile Wolfe can slide inside as well. Wolfe has been a terrific player this summer for Denver, and the Broncos don’t think the game will be too big for him in the regular season.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...y-week-1-roles

I didn't really get to see him play because I only watched the SF game, and I can't really say I saw him do anything fantastic in that game, but I was more focused on watching the two DT's to see how they would handle the Iupati and the rest of the mammoths they have on the interior of their line.

It sounds as though he's gonna be pretty good. It's nice that he can play either position. We haven't had anyone like that since we drafted a guy out of Clemson back in the late 90's.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I'd rather have him at DT and Jackson at LE but this works too I guess

Comment

So I'm assuming thats our starting 4?

Wolfe at LDE, Dumervile at RDE, and Warren/Vickerson at DT..?

Comment

Warren and Bannan at DT according to the website.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            I'd rather have him at DT and Jackson at LE but this works too I guess
            Always nice to have options.

Comment

On running downs I wouldn't be surprised to see Ayers replace Doom quite often. Dooms weakness is stopping the run and that is Ayers forte. Good Luck Broncos, I hope we win 19 games this year!!!

Comment

Well I am a bit worried moving Ayers may slow Millers porduction since Ayers did free Miller quite often last year. Personally I like Malik on passing situations Wolfe at DT and Ayers coming in as a rotational starter, or just on rotations. We allowed quite a few large yards rushing when Ayers was taken out this pre-season, he is one of if not our best blanket on that line. Though he cannot penetrate as well as Wolfe he has better anticipation and he displays some run stopping moves that I wish he would display when going after the QB (he had an amazing spin move where he spun off the blocker to drag the defender down.
                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                  So I'm assuming thats our starting 4?

Wolfe at LDE, Dumervile at RDE, and Warren/Vickerson at DT..?
                  Wolfe
                  Warren
                  Bannan
                  Dumervil

Are the DL starters. Ayers will back up Doom.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I have no doubt that JDR will have his four best pass rushing DL in on passing downs.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      Wolfe
                      Warren
                      Bannan
                      Dumervil

Bannan is the weak link. If we were serious about having our best players out on the field at the same time, Derek Wolfe should be starting for Bannan and Robert Ayers at LDE.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                        Bannan is the weak link. If we were serious about having our best players out on the field at the same time, Derek Wolfe should be starting for Bannan and Robert Ayers at LDE.
                        Del Rio has plans. One of which I believe was talked about on these forums earlier this past summer. That Del Rio would rotate Wolfe inside and outside because of Derek's size.

Until Wolfe puts on a good amount of weight, he would start or be a full time NT.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Del Rio has plans. One of which I believe was talked about on these forums earlier this past summer. That Del Rio would rotate Wolfe inside and outside because of Derek's size.

Until Wolfe puts on a good amount of weight, he would start or be a full time NT.
                          Derek Wolfe doesn't project as a nose tackle. He has the ideal skill set and talent to be a huge upgrade at 3-tech instead of Justin Bannan. Oh well, I'm excited to see how our rotation unfolds.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                            Well to be honest I was more impressed with Silga then I was with Warren at NT, though neither show a sense of dominance I want out of that position.
                            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Wolfe
                              Warren
                              Bannan
                              Dumervil

I am good with this.

Wolfe will be much better at DE then full time DT at this point in his development imo

When Von Miller plays DE then Wolfe will play DT. My guess is Jackson will move in for Wolfe when he needs a rest because he does the same thing...maybe Ayers on some downs even tho they have him behind Doom on the depth chart.

I still worry a lil about Bannan and Vick as our 2nd DT spot but we knew this DL was gonne be a work in progress for 2-3 years maybe even 4.
                              Let's Ride!

Comment

Working...
                              X