X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIdnt know Greely had a gang problem

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
      So when some kid gets the snot beat out of him on school grounds because he is wearing a number that some other gang doesn't like, are you all going to blame the Admins for that too?

You guys don't know what that stuff means to people in those areas, and you don't know what the repercussions are of doing something as simple as wearing a certain color, or a hat with a certain symbol on it, or any number of things. Ask a prison guard about gang symbolism and what it means in there. Unfortunately, in a lot of places, that's what schools have been reduced to. If you think people aren't bangin' at school you're out of your mind.

If you ask me, public schools should have mandatory uniforms. That would end the issue right there, and eliminate a lot of issues, for parents, students, and admins.
      Its about time someone replies with common sense. I am a Corrections officer and the the number 18 in gang terms represents White power gangs specifically neo nazi the numbers 1 and 8 representing Adolph Hitlers initials. Like freyeka said, so your kid goes to school allowed to wear this and gets hurt then you are gonna sue the school, but when they take steps to prevent those sort of incidents then you want to complain... guess the cake must be had and eaten too by most folks.. enjoy.
      GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
        DIdnt know Greely had a gang problem
        Compared to LA, NYC, or Chicago, no, but compared to most places in Colorado there is. There's been something like 5 gang related shootings this year so far, not including other violence and other related gang activity.

As I said before, this should be a non-issue in schools, because imo, schools should have uniforms. School should be about learning, and not who's wearing what, or gang symbolism.
        sigpic

Comment

What a joke lol

Comment

Working...
          X