Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers' Harrison will not play Sunday

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...sunday-652303/

Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison did not practice for the second day in a row and will not play in Sunday night's season opener in Denver.
    He will be replaced in the starting lineup by Chris Carter, who has been working at right outside linebacker since minicamp because of injuries to Harrison (knee) and top backup Jason Worilds (wrist).
    The Steelers have not officially listed Harrison's status for the game. They will do that later today.
    Harrison returned to practice for the first time since last season on Monday. If he didn't have any setbacks with his knee, the Steelers intended to start him against the Broncos.
    Previously, Harrison made two other attempts to come back from his injury -- once at minicamp, once at training camp -- but each time his knee swelled when he tried to cut on it.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Thank goodness. Although I would like to take these chumps down at full strength.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...sunday-652303/

Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison did not practice for the second day in a row and will not play in Sunday night's season opener in Denver.
      He will be replaced in the starting lineup by Chris Carter, who has been working at right outside linebacker since minicamp because of injuries to Harrison (knee) and top backup Jason Worilds (wrist).
      The Steelers have not officially listed Harrison's status for the game. They will do that later today.
      Harrison returned to practice for the first time since last season on Monday. If he didn't have any setbacks with his knee, the Steelers intended to start him against the Broncos.
      Previously, Harrison made two other attempts to come back from his injury -- once at minicamp, once at training camp -- but each time his knee swelled when he tried to cut on it.
      Karma is a witch

Maybe he shouldn't have taken out Decker's knee last post season

Sorry but that hit still bothers me. Although it was within the rules there are degrees of class -and that hit lacked respect for opponents.
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
        Karma is a witch

Maybe he shouldn't have taken out Decker's knee last post season

Sorry but that hit still bothers me. Although it was within the rules there are degrees of class -and that hit lacked respect for opponents.
        That was a clean hit on Decker.

Comment

Certainly helps if he doesn't play, but i'm sure if we win, it will be b/c they were so banged up.

Comment

I got a text from ESPN saying he's a game time decision.
            2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              That was a clean hit on Decker.
              clean -no

legal -yes

typical of Harrison -yes

I know I cant win this argument based on NFL rules but like I said, there are degrees of class and Harrison will knock you out of the game if he can - it's just how he plays.

If he was a Bronco I'd probably love it (just being honest) but he's not so I'll continue to look at it objectively

In the spirit of 'defenseless receiver' rule, that's outside the lines. Having said this I'm not looking for more hankies thrown on plays (or one to cry into) -just sayin'
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Not exactly good news, If we win people will say it was because they did not have there best players on the field. I would rather we win while they have no excuses. I am not naive though, I know there is always an excuse.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                  I got a text from ESPN saying he's a game time decision.
                  Me too, doesn't look like he will play though, guess we'll see.

Comment

Harrison hasn't really been that great at rushing the passer the past few years. Woodley is the guy we really need to worry about, although Chris Carter was a pretty good pass rusher in college so I wouldn't overlook him either. I think lose Sean Spence hurts more than Harrison right now.

Comment

Darn, I was hoping to see more missed assignments and overpersuits.

His replacement will probably keep his assignments.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                        Not exactly good news, If we win people will say it was because they did not have there best players on the field. I would rather we win while they have no excuses. I am not naive though, I know there is always an excuse.
                        Can we ever say a team is at full (100%) strength?

There is not one player on that field that is not injured to some extent. There is not one team out there that doesn't have players starting because someone else is on the mend. Good teams find a way to win in spite of adversity and overcome the odds with hard play and smart decisions.

I hope we are that team
                        [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                          clean -no

legal -yes

typical of Harrison -yes

I know I cant win this argument based on NFL rules but like I said, there are degrees of class and Harrison will knock you out of the game if he can - it's just how he plays.

If he was a Bronco I'd probably love it (just being honest) but he's not so I'll continue to look at it objectively

In the spirit of 'defenseless receiver' rule, that's outside the lines. Having said this I'm not looking for more hankies thrown on plays (or one to cry into) -just sayin'
                          lol, at least you kept it real hahaha

Comment

Anyone being injured is inherently bad news. I don't like Harrison much, but I don't wish injury on him.
                            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17 View Post
                              Thank goodness. Although I would like to take these chumps down at full strength.
                              I’m sure everyone would love that as long as we win and Peyton does not get hurt. Keep in mind just who James Harrison is. Ala …

Originally posted by yaz96
                              I don't give a shiznit what people will say, A WIN IS A WIN!
                              And this way he won't try to take off Manning's head, and just pay the 50k fine.....
                              One reason why there is so much interest in this game is to see how Peyton does. Unfortunately, there are far too many out there that actually want to see Manning get his head taken off. Also, the notoriety of “Bounty-gate” in New Orleans did not automatically stop players and teams from wanting to hurt opposing quarterbacks. How many here would just love to see Wolfe-Von-Doom inflict a little pain on Big Ben? Ask yourself how much you would like to see. (I, personally, hate Pittsburgh and would love to see “Big Ben” so terrified he was afraid to step back on the field to finish the game.)

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                              Can we ever say a team is at full (100%) strength?
                              There is not one player on that field that is not injured to some extent. There is not one team out there that doesn't have players starting because someone else is on the mend. Good teams find a way to win in spite of adversity and overcome the odds with hard play and smart decisions.
                              I hope we are that team
                              You make some good points. However, all it takes is one quick look at last year’s Indianapolis Colts to see just how devastating the loss of one player can be. Another aspect of this is that many of “Tebow’s wins” last year (and I say that very factitiously) came against teams decimated by injury and the Broncos won the AFCW at 8-8, which was an entire division also decimated by injury.

One thing this thread does bring to my attention is how healthy the Broncos are entering this particular year compared to those of the past. I do not remember a year in recent history when the Broncos were able to start off in this kind of shape physically.

"Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Working...
                              X