Hanie released; Siliga promoted to 53-man roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgr09 View Post
    Well Adam Weber is a practice squad player so the Broncos are allowed to sign him off their practice squad. Just like we did last year with Rafael Bush.
    Only if we sign him to the active roster, which we've already promoted Silga. You can't sign PS to PS.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by edgr09 View Post
      Well Adam Weber is a practice squad player so the Broncos are allowed to sign him off their practice squad. Just like we did last year with Rafael Bush.
      Weber signed with Tampa Bay
      sigpic
      2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
      2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
      BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
        Weber signed with Tampa Bay
        That was after he was cut. So he is still technically PS eligible. Now is he active for Tampa or PS? If he is PS, then we can sign him and activate him for week 1 then PS him. If he is active, then it get complicated to get him back.
        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
          That was after he was cut. So he is still technically PS eligible. Now is he active for Tampa or PS? If he is PS, then we can sign him and activate him for week 1 then PS him. If he is active, then it get complicated to get him back.
          i really doubt we bring back weber. we already signed Siliga to complete the 53. to sign Weber off TBs practice squad we would need to bring him to the active roster for 3 weeks before he can be cut and put in our practice squad. we already signed siliga so it would be pointless.

and i dont think he would want to go to another team to just go on the practice squad again

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
            i really doubt we bring back weber. we already signed Siliga to complete the 53. to sign Weber off TBs practice squad we would need to bring him to the active roster for 3 weeks before he can be cut and put in our practice squad. we already signed siliga so it would be pointless.

and i dont think he would want to go to another team to just go on the practice squad again
            No, I agree. Just pointing out the way things would have to go. i think the Weber ship has sailed as well
            #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by elway93 View Post
              He'll be resigned next week. Sadly, he's our best option as a backup quarterback right now, which is scary after seeing what happened when the Bears needed him to play last year.
              Wasn't he under the martz system then with its 7 step drops (Qb killers ) , Hanie or any journeyman would be hard pressed to step in and do well at that time wasn't that the reason cutler got knocked out to start with

Comment

Good.

10 char
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I would not be surprised to see him resigned next week. Silga could go back to the PS. Sadly Hanie was our best option at back up QB and that does not say much, Os is not ready for action, although I don't think it would really matter as far as wins go. I just don't think we need to take a chance on shaking Os up as that could set him back.
                  sigpic

Comment

Called it lol. I knew this kid did not hack it from day 1.
                    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Crap and my Hanie jersey hasn't even shown up yet!
                      "It's been all business. Everybody's asking me where I'm living. I been living over here, living here at the facility."
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drzaius View Post
                        Crap and my Hanie jersey hasn't even shown up yet!

I dunno boys and girls, but it doesn't hurt my feelings much to see Hanie released. I think we have to do better, but the options aren't really there either. Peyton Must Stay Healthy!!
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
                          They will probably re-sign him next week. It was just to save money, too bad those players get screwed like that....
                          Unfortunate indeed. Can't hate the front offices for saving a few bucks though, it does make them seem really cheap haha.

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          Plummer, the #16 jersey is waiting for you!
                          Dude this is what I was thinking. Plummer would probably be starting by the bye.

Comment

The Broncos clearly are putting all their cards on the table with Manning, and Osweiler is better than Hanie anyway. The hope is we dont need to go to the backup QB, and if Peyton gets injurted, Osweiler might as well get the experience, and try to take something positive out of the situation.

Also, glad to see Siliga signed to the roster. We need a 325lb type young DT to develop, and Siliga has ability.

Comment

Hanie is terrible QB no offense. Sucks for Weber he should of been #2 QB and Osweiler #3 oh well though....
                              sigpic

Comment

Hanie wasnt any good...SO this move does nothing in my eyes. If PM goes down week one.......We lose 13 games with or without Hanie. BUt I dont get it cause Hanie was better in every way over Oz....
                                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X