X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
    What any idea who would replace him?
    Originally posted by DenBroFan22 View Post
    Not only does it feel like Christmas Eve, I get presents too.

Kind of thin on backup QB's tho.
    Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Good.

10 char
    Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Called it lol. I knew this kid did not hack it from day 1.
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post

I dunno boys and girls, but it doesn't hurt my feelings much to see Hanie released. I think we have to do better, but the options aren't really there either. Peyton Must Stay Healthy!!
    Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    The Broncos clearly are putting all their cards on the table with Manning, and Osweiler is better than Hanie anyway. The hope is we dont need to go to the backup QB, and if Peyton gets injurted, Osweiler might as well get the experience, and try to take something positive out of the situation.

Also, glad to see Siliga signed to the roster. We need a 325lb type young DT to develop, and Siliga has ability.
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    Hanie wasnt any good...SO this move does nothing in my eyes. If PM goes down week one.......We lose 13 games with or without Hanie. BUt I dont get it cause Hanie was better in every way over Oz....
    People, you REALLY need to read the article before commenting.

This was a move solely about money, and the same thing is happening with vet players all over the leauge.

Hanie will be signed again by Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
      Ha! Like that is going to happen......
      Where is this season going?

Comment

Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
        Ha! Like that is going to happen......
        I know, but after getting a great laugh reading all the responses from people who only read the title, I had to post it anyway!!!

Comment

And what is the infatuation with Weber? I don't get it.
          Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Damn how'd I miss this great news

Now there is room for a real back up - or for Oz to grow up fast
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
              And what is the infatuation with Weber? I don't get it.
              Allot of people on these boards like to fall in love with lower talented players and keep posting that they will be amazing ... tomorrow ... never today...sometime in the future

Once those players start to play those same people will take 2-5 plays they were in and say they performed at a All Pro level those plays and completely ignore the other plays where they were not so good. Funny thing is those few plays they were not horrible they were not that good.

Do not get me wrong I cheer for every Bronco current and past but least I try to keep it real
              Let's Ride!

Comment

It's human nature and a reflection of team loyalty - it's not a negative thing

It's hope

And if you are a fan of a guy who was let go for whatever reason, it's tough to digest

Weber remains an unknown quantity to me personally. Last season we saw a couple plays and this season a little more. Frankly the only difference I saw between he and Hanie was Hanie had real NFL snaps experience and is likely the reason Hanie was chosen over Weber ....

I wonder what would have happened if Weber would have signed on to our practice squad. Or if he did would Hanie still be around?
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post

This was a move solely about money, and the same thing is happening with vet players all over the leauge.

Hanie will be signed again by Tuesday.
                  I agree with what you're saying, JET. But I can't help but to wonder if we do want to sign somebody during the season, is Hanie the 1st to get cut? Why else would you cut him so his salary won't be guaranteed?
                  sigpic

Comment

And, he's back.

Warren Re-Injures Triceps; Team to Re-Sign Hanie

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...re-sign-hanie/

In other roster moves, Fox said the team will re-sign quarterback Caleb Hanie, who was released on Saturday.

“That procedural on Caleb, so we’ll re-sign him,” Fox said.

Salaries of vested veterans — like Hanie — are guaranteed the rest of the season if they are on the roster for Week 1 games. Hanie was released on Saturday prior to the team’s Week 1 game against Pittsburgh.

“That was procedural so we could have some flexibility moving forward as far as a vested veteran,” Fox explained.
                    sigpic
                    2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                      I agree with what you're saying, JET. But I can't help but to wonder if we do want to sign somebody during the season, is Hanie the 1st to get cut? Why else would you cut him so his salary won't be guaranteed?
                      Apparently, yes. We did. He's back already.

Comment

Working...
                      X