Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Broncos Injury Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    We need DT and Decker to stay healthy. We have absolutely no depth at WR past those two and Stokes.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      We've had some injuries, but so far we can't really complain too much......most teams have had their share already, and some key ones of course.
      We have been very lucky with injuries, and we get DJ back from suspension next week and Kuper in 2-4 weeks.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        We have been very lucky with injuries, and we get DJ back from suspension next week and Kuper in 2-4 weeks.
        We have been lucky that our backups are stepping up and playing well. Remember that we have lost Warren, Walton, Carter, and Hunter that were all starters and all lost to long term injuries. Both Porter and Kuper for extended periods of time. We lost Mays which may have been a blessing because it opens things up for other new guys.

        Our Backups have done an outstanding job this year and they seem to be getting better.
        sigpic
        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
          We have been lucky that our backups are stepping up and playing well. Remember that we have lost Warren, Walton, Carter, and Hunter that were all starters and all lost to long term injuries. Both Porter and Kuper for extended periods of time. We lost Mays which may have been a blessing because it opens things up for other new guys.

          Our Backups have done an outstanding job this year and they seem to be getting better.
          The young guys are doing well, but none of those players you mentioned are 'big-time' for us.

          Warren is always injured now and I would just cut him. He's nothing special any more.

          Hunter was just a rotational DE, we have enough good DE's to make this a non issue.

          Walton was doing well, but Koppen is probably better.

          Carter had an OK rookie year, but I like Adams and Moore so I'm not sure he would play much anyway.

          The main 3 are DJ, Kuper and Porter missing, but none are HUGE IMO.

          Porter will struggle getting his starting job back, DJ will probably start but Woodyard has been epic. Kuper is a miss but will be back soon and is only a guard, with PM's quick release I'm sure we will be fine.

          We haven't lost any important players for a long time, and hopefully that continues.

          Comment


          • #80
            Something I have said a lot......sorry if it's repetitive......sometimes injuries lead to success stories. Not only do the guys recover as they should, but sometimes players emerge when given the opportunity. PLUS if you don't have depth, you are for some trouble down the road.

            Football is so much about team. If guys go down, you better hope that someone else (next man up) can come in and quickly fill that gap. And as mentioned, some guys on the bench are like a time bomb waiting to happen......give them some time as a starter, and they click!

            Comment


            • #81
              Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos
              #Broncos RG Chris Kuper practicing. CB Tracy Porter doing some conditioning work, but not in uniform.
              sigpic
              2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
              2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
              BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

              Comment


              • #82
                Dumervil misses practice. Defensive end Elvis Dumervil did not participate in practice Wednesday because of the strained left shoulder he suffered while registering his seventh sack of the season Sunday at Carolina.

                An MRI on Dumervil's left shoulder Monday revealed no tear, but there was a muscle strain. Dumervil is expected to test the shoulder in practice before the week is out, and there remains a chance he will play against the Chargers.

                "(Dumervil) is in the meetings. We'll see what (Thursday) brings," Fox said. "It's not a prolonged time (injury) supposedly, but we'll see. If he's not able to go, Robert Ayers will be in there and he played more than a half last week against Carolina and we have great confidence in Robert as well."

                Dumervil has suffered his share of tears in the upper extremities in recent years, so the MRI exam at least gave him some peace of mind.

                Ayers was the No. 18 pick in the 2009 draft and lost his starting position this year to rookie defensive lineman Derek Wolfe. Ayers played last week in Carolina when he replaced the injured Dumervil for the final three quarters.

                Kuper returns to practice. Right guard Chris Kuper, who missed the game at Carolina because of an ankle injury, returned to practice Wednesday on a limited basis. Manny Ramirez is expected to start at right guard for at least one more game.

                Cornerback Tracy Porter, however, has not been cleared to practice, as the Broncos' medical team has taken a cautious approach to the pre-seizure symptoms he suffered before the first Chargers' game Oct. 15 in San Diego.

                http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...rbs-big-salary
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #83
                  Thanx for the updates!!!!!!!! We may be in better shape then we thought!

                  Maybe have all the starters back soon, except for Porter of coarse which it sounds like they are in no hurry to get him back at the cost of his health.
                  sigpic
                  Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                  2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                  2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    First time ive heard Fox complement Ayers it seems, I think as a role player hes vastly underrated but I think people are starting to see the difference when Ayers is in front of Miller the penetration is so much easier and faster its unbelievable. Though in the NE game Miller did manage to do quite a bit without him.

                    Still no Doom is troublesome, because if it lingers we will see more TE packages.
                    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      According to Yahoo sports news both Doom and DJ hope to play this weekend against the Chargers.

                      Doom is hoping to practice Friday and be ready for Sunday.

                      Obviously it is up to the team but he wants to play.

                      sports.yahoo.com/news/dumervil-plans-practice-friday-play
                      sigpic
                      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Willis McGahee will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the extent of his right knee injury.
                        "It swelled up on him," coach John Fox conceded after Sunday's win. "We'll know more Monday." The post-injury actions of Broncos trainers on the sideline suggest they don't fear a ligament tear; they were stretching McGahee out on a trainers' table and trying to get him ready to go back in. Still, he could easily have an MCL sprain or an injury like that. Because McGahee did not return and his knee swelled up, there are no guarantees he'll be available for Week 12 at Kansas City. Ronnie Hillman is second on the depth chart.

                        Hopefully it's not too bad and he's only out a couple weeks. Our run game was horrible without him.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          Willis McGahee will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the extent of his right knee injury.
                          "It swelled up on him," coach John Fox conceded after Sunday's win. "We'll know more Monday." The post-injury actions of Broncos trainers on the sideline suggest they don't fear a ligament tear; they were stretching McGahee out on a trainers' table and trying to get him ready to go back in. Still, he could easily have an MCL sprain or an injury like that. Because McGahee did not return and his knee swelled up, there are no guarantees he'll be available for Week 12 at Kansas City. Ronnie Hillman is second on the depth chart.

                          Hopefully it's not too bad and he's only out a couple weeks. Our run game was horrible without him.
                          There is a substantial drop off when McGahee leaves the game. I feel strongly that we need to shop for another back next year. I don't mind a 3rd rounder type, because you can find a quality RB in that round.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            There is a substantial drop off when McGahee leaves the game. I feel strongly that we need to shop for another back next year. I don't mind a 3rd rounder type, because you can find a quality RB in that round.
                            Yeah, RB is certainly a top need...

                            If only we got Doug Martin but that's another story for another day.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Stephan Taylor is the man.
                              ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Well, we all know that Willis McGahee is on IR designated to be able to return in 8 weeks.

                                Tracy Porter has also been cleared to play and will travel with the team to KC.
                                sigpic
                                Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                                2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                                2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X