Broncos placed C/G Philip Blake (thumb) on injured reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos placed C/G Philip Blake (thumb) on injured reserve

Broncos placed C/G Philip Blake (thumb) on injured reserve, ending his season.
    The fourth-round rookie had not been active in either of the Broncos' first two games. He suffered the injury in Friday's practice.

Source: MileHighSports.com

Sep 18 - 5:38 PM

Broncos promoted OL C.J. Davis from their practice squad.
    Waived last week, Davis gets another chance at a backup job thanks to rookie Philip Blake's thumb injury.
    sigpic

Unimpressive so far and season is done early. Hopefully he has a better showing next year.
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Wow who would of guessed the signing of the old NE C would have such good timing
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Blake is done in the NFL. book it now.
        sigpic

Comment

Good move, Blake was no where near ready to play in the NFL, and the Broncos didn't want to risk losing him if they waived him, so they stashed him away on IR, just like they did Jeremy Beal

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
            Good move, Blake was no where near ready to play in the NFL, and the Broncos didn't want to risk losing him if they waived him, so they stashed him away on IR, just like they did Jeremy Beal
            ...and he never will be. 28 years old next season and never played a down. His only chance was to really stand out this season. He is done.
            sigpic

Comment

The #2 C in the draft according to Mike Mayock, #3 C according to NFL Draft Scout. I was not expecting him to take Walton's job anyway. He was just depth at C and G. Maybe the Broncos would not have Blake if they had developed Seth Olsen and Eric Olsen. Seth is starting at G for the Colts, while Eric is the backup C/G for the Saints.

It's a shame that Blake won't be able to practice with the Broncos this year, being limited to medical treatment because of a... Thumb? Whatever. If the Broncos get rid of him, they will spend more picks on the OL and restart the process of building depth through the draft. It's interesting how the Broncos invest so much of their draft picks in the OL and so little in the DL.
              sigpic

Comment

I have to admit I have been impressed with Walton the last 2 games.

I have knocked him more then anyone for his lack of power but I have watched a lot of snaps focusing on him and he seems to hold the point 100 times better now.

Not sure if he has more power now or if its just experience but the signs have been very good. Can't wait until Kuper is back too. Really promising OL.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  The #2 C in the draft according to Mike Mayock, #3 C according to NFL Draft Scout. I was not expecting him to take Walton's job anyway. He was just depth at C and G. Maybe the Broncos would not have Blake if they had developed Seth Olsen and Eric Olsen. Seth is starting at G for the Colts, while Eric is the backup C/G for the Saints.

It's a shame that Blake won't be able to practice with the Broncos this year, being limited to medical treatment because of a... Thumb? Whatever. If the Broncos get rid of him, they will spend more picks on the OL and restart the process of building depth through the draft. It's interesting how the Broncos invest so much of their draft picks in the OL and so little in the DL.
                  I think he can still lift weights right?
                  sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                    I have to admit I have been impressed with Walton the last 2 games.

I have knocked him more then anyone for his lack of power but I have watched a lot of snaps focusing on him and he seems to hold the point 100 times better now.

Not sure if he has more power now or if its just experience but the signs have been very good. Can't wait until Kuper is back too. Really promising OL.
                    I agree but he still shows some endurance issues, but hes obviously worked on that, but they dont have him moving around as much as they had in past years. Hes good at the point of attack in close quarters, so part of its probably a lot to do with the fact we just learned how to play to his strengths.

Comment

Mayock also predicted Ayers would be the best defensive player out of the draft within 3 years...isn't that this year?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                        I think he can still lift weights right?
                        I believe he can get treatment, lift weights and join team meetings.

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        Mayock also predicted Ayers would be the best defensive player out of the draft within 3 years...isn't that this year?
                        Mayock said that in 3 years (which means April, 2012) Ayers would be known as the best defensive player from the 2009 Draft.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?...s&confirm=true

He ranked Ayers as the 3rd best player in the Draft. Brian Orakpo, Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews were not in his top 20.
                        sigpic

Comment

I believe he can get treatment, lift weights and join team meetings.

Mayock said that in 3 years (which means April, 2012) Ayers would be known as the best defensive player from the 2009 Draft.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?...s&confirm=true

He ranked Ayers as the 3rd best player in the Draft. Brian Orakpo, Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews were not in his top 20.
                          I think being in the 3-4 certainly stunted his growth. The guy plays like a 3-4 DE who has the body type of a LB, he helps create holes for Miller and other to get sacks and hes not a bad tackler, but due to his 0 pass rush moves people see him as a waist.

Ayers is a roleplayer, a good player to have on the team but by no means is he elite. Blocking D-lineman are alot like O-lineman people dont appreciate them till they are gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X