Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning's arm, approach different with Denver Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peyton Manning's arm, approach different with Denver Broncos

    I guess skeptics such as below on nfl.com are questioning peyton's arm strength.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...denver-broncos

  • #2
    Whata joke. Yesterday they were on his side saying.. "he's back'. They do it just for ratings.
    PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

    Comment


    • #3
      What arm strength? It was sad to watch. Hopefully it ends a little better than Namath with the Rams.

      Comment


      • #4
        I tend to be in the "concerned" camp. While I have no doubt that Peyton is still a top-10 QB in this league, his arm strength at times last night was disconcerting. There were quite a few balls last night where it seemed to take way too long to get from Manning to his receiver, often resulting in the receiver being tackled almost immediately or the pass being broken up. Even some of his interceptions were a result of his passes "floating" rather than "zipping." The question is whether he was just "putting touch" on his passes, or whether he really had trouble throwing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, Peyton has been adamant all along that he is not "back" or at 100% yet. I think he made some bad decisions and the defense made some good plays. It happens and I'm not worried about it much. And I hope they do get careless with their deep coverages and crowd the short stuff, cause that's likely 6 points for us. That's probably what is going to have to happen. They are going to dare him to make some of those plays and once he does the media will be off his back and on to something else. And if he can't, well then perhaps we have a problem.
          ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

          Comment


          • #6
            I prefer to dwell on Peyton's "brain strength"........the arm is getting better. And he fired some in there. Sure, he's probably 90% at best, but he quite nearly got us back in that game, against a strong looking Falcons team.

            BRAIN STRENGTH!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
              Well, Peyton has been adamant all along that he is not "back" or at 100% yet. I think he made some bad decisions and the defense made some good plays. It happens and I'm not worried about it much. And I hope they do get careless with their deep coverages and crowd the short stuff, cause that's likely 6 points for us. That's probably what is going to have to happen. They are going to dare him to make some of those plays and once he does the media will be off his back and on to something else. And if he can't, well then perhaps we have a problem.
              KoolBreeze nailed it. He will start getting challenged. He needs to make a few D's pay for crowding or all the brain strength in the world won't help. He threw a few in the pre-season that made us take note. Now this starts to get us concerned. Hopefully it is coincidental.

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't know about you guys, but his arm looked pretty damn good on that pass to Thomas in the end zone. Unfortunately he got LEVELED and dropped it, but that ball had some ZIP on it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                  I don't know about you guys, but his arm looked pretty damn good on that pass to Thomas in the end zone. Unfortunately he got LEVELED and dropped it, but that ball had some ZIP on it.
                  Yeah, it looks fine on a lot of throws and he has a few here and there that aren't so good. A wobbler here, a floater there, but you what, they all have throws like that. Lately Cutler throws multiple picks in his games and nobody is questioning his "physical" abilities. The thing with Peyton is that the media is going over every little detail of each pass with a fine toothed comb salivating for a story. They are like bloodhounds on the trail of an escaped convict, relentless.

                  At the end of the day, all I know is that the Denver Broncos are a better football with Peyton Manning under center. He completed too many passes to the defense Monday night, but heck at least he completes passes.
                  ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Manning Presser - Manning on his arm strength...

                    "I am what I am, it is what it is. Whatever expression is appropriate for that. So, I don't really know what to tell you."

                    Is that a deliberate non-answer or a grizzled veteran that knows the press is making something of nothing? I am interested in the opinions of the fans.

                    http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...1-bcc29dfddb5f
                    Last edited by jetrazor74; 09-22-2012, 08:37 PM. Reason: added link to video

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Reasonable View Post
                      Is that a deliberate non-answer or a grizzled veteran that knows the press is making something of nothing?
                      The latter.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Link to quote?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                          Link to quote?
                          http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...1-bcc29dfddb5f

                          @ like 5:55
                          Last edited by MarkB; 09-20-2012, 09:40 AM.
                          sigpic
                          2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                          2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                          BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sounds like he's getting tired of answering questions about his arm strength. He was phenomenal against Pittsburgh, and had one meltdown quarter against Atlanta. The media loves to reach for stories, and he's probably not looking to go down that path with them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Seems obvious to me that at this point his velocity is not quite what it was. Maybe it will improve or maybe he'll just have to adjust a little more to his new reality. Either way, I'm confident he'll be very effective this year. I think a huge part of success is getting more in sync with his receivers at game speed too. That will definitely improve as the year goes on.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X