Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rod Smith reflects on "dream" career as Ring of Fame induction nears Read more: Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Smith reflects on "dream" career as Ring of Fame induction nears Read more: Rod

"I had that pressure on me for 14 years," Smith said. "I would sneak up on my locker, some days a little more relaxed than other days, but I would sneak up on my locker and just pray that my name was still there, and I'd say, 'I got one more day.'"
    Read more: Rod Smith reflects on "dream" career as Ring of Fame induction nears - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/recommende...#ixzz273umzrNu

To Roddy, probably my favorite Bronco ever.

Amazing read!

Hope Thomas can someday emulate Rod's career and bring the happiness Rod and Elway brought us, back.

Comment

I loved watching this guy play. He worked so hard on every play. He never took a play off, like some of these prima donnas today. And he would block; wasn't afraid to get dirty. I feel sorry for those fans that aren't old enough to remember seeing him, and Eddie McCaffrey, back in their hay day. Those were some good years.

Rod deserves the Ring of Fame and he deserves the Hall of Fame someday too.

Comment

Ill read this later but do yall believe Dennis Smith deserve to be in the "Ring of Fame"
        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to be there and see him be honored as a Ring of Famer!
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

So glad I became a Broncos and NFL fan just in time to witness the final years of the great Rod Smith's career

Comment

I miss him already.

He was a special Bronco and watching him come in to this league as undrafted and beat all the odds, just amazing. What a glorious career and fully deserved he'll now enter the RoF on Sunday.

Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Rod Smith Interview

Rod Smith, 'Ring of Fame'

We Love You man

Part 1

Part 2

Sorry if this has been posted and if it hasn't it should have been

Love Rod and he deserves every award that's coming to him

Enjoy
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                    Ill read this later but do yall believe Dennis Smith deserve to be in the "Ring of Fame"
                    Yes he does, I remember when he was paired up with Atwater a Monday night football color commentator remarked that when those two prepared to blitz it was like a battleship swinging its big guns around to bear.

Comment

true Bronco legend and a real professional the guy truly loves the Broncos and us Broncos love him right back
                      Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

I am glad the Broncos are inducting him into their Ring of Fame. He deserves it.

As for the HOF, I don't see that because he only made three Pro Bowls. However, I looked up his stats, and there were three other years that he should have made it (1997, 1998, and 2004). Also, there was one year (2002) where he had 89 catches for 1,027 yards but didn't make it because Marvin Harrison had 143, Hines Ward had 112 catches, Eric Moulds had 100, and Rice had 92 with the Raiders:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../receiving.htm

After Rod became a starter in 97, he only had one full year of John Elway (In 98, John missed time due to injury) And, he didn't have a full year with Plummer in 2003. Jake didn't play in five games that year (four due to injury, one was the season finale because it was meaningless for Denver). He still finished 18th in the NFL in catches that year with 74, though.
                        Last edited by JBBronco1; 09-22-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X