Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Falcons get away with an illegal play to extinguish Denver Rally

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...tinguish-rally

I saw the game. Saw the horrible refereeing job that was done, by a large margin against us. But I didn't catch this play at the time.

Hadn't seen it posted and thought it was interesting. Gotta go back and see it.

If this has been posted, please delete.

That just adds a little more frusteration to the loss. We all knew the reffing kept us out of it after we got down early but thats just icing.
    sigpic

Comment

Technically? Yes. But on the play where Stokley got grabbed and we drew a defense PI call they could've also called an illegal pick on DT, so we can't complain. These rarely get called unless it is very, very obvious.

The bigger travesty IMO was the defensive pass interference they called on Tony Carter. Our defense was playing well and was about to get off the field, but the phantom call allowed the Falcons' drive to continue and they ending up scoring a TD to extend their lead. Big time penalty that should never have happened. Carter didn't even touch the WR! Bad call.
      Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 09-22-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

That whole game was screwed up, the refs were horrible and it affected both teams, but we lost because we had 4 turnovers in one qrt
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

biggest missed penalty that went against us imho was the missed PI on Decker in the endzone

Maybe not the biggest but the most obvious

and on defense the possession before they threw a PI flag on us that was uncalled for

It's bad - lets try to put it behind us
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Kinda interesting it took 5 days for an article to come out.

Either way, Falcons just took advantage of the environment because judge, jury and executioner wants to break the referee union . I swear he picks the strangest times to come down hard on something.
            You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

That phantom pass interference call was actually a 2nd and 7... The only reason I know that for sure is because I went back and watched all the non calls, and bad calls that stuck out in my mind after I read this article... The worst was the fumble recovery by the Falcons, they never for even a split second had possession of the ball during that play.
              Last edited by Frenchy180; 09-21-2012, 10:21 PM.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                That was actually a 2nd and 7... The only reason I know that for sure is because I went back and watched all the non calls, and bad calls that stuck out in my mind after I read this article... The worst was the fumble recovery by the Falcons, they never for even a split second had possession of the ball during that play.
                Dang, thanks for the correction. I thought it was on a 3rd down. Meh, it was still a terrible call. And yeah, I'm still not sure how they ruled ATL recovered the fumble when a Bronco came out of the pile with it... Oh well. It was still a positive sign that the Broncos could spot a really good team 20-0 and come back to make a game out of it. Broncos can play with anyone this year for sure. We just need to cut back on those turnovers...

Comment

I thought the most costly blown call was when Franklin recovered the ball on the Falcons 35-40 yard line and they gave it to the Falcons. We were essentially in FG range.

Absolutely horrible....the league needs to stop issuing threats to coaches and take a look in the mirror.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by frenchy180 View Post
                    that phantom pass interference call was actually a 2nd and 7... The only reason i know that for sure is because i went back and watched all the non calls, and bad calls that stuck out in my mind after i read this article... The worst was the fumble recovery by the falcons, they never for even a split second had possession of the ball during that play.
                    smh.......
                    Last edited by RunningWolf; 09-22-2012, 08:37 AM.

Comment

The article appears to be an attempt to disparage the performance of the replacement refs by complaining about an uncalled offensive pass interference penalty.

How many times have we seen receivers get away with offensive pass interference with the regular refs?

It's really sad that we've allowed ourselves to be suckered into believing that complaining about the replacement refs by the media is entertaining. The media will continue to complain as long as their viewers, listeners, and/or readers continue watch, listen, and/or read their crap.

The replacement refs are bad at keeping the game moving at a reasonable pace but they aren't much if any worse at getting the calls right. They do probably have more no calls than the regular refs but you can't really knock them for a no call on offensive pass interference when the regular refs routinely miss that call as well.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by RunningWolf View Post
                        http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...tinguish-rally

I saw the game. Saw the horrible refereeing job that was done, by a large margin against us. But I didn't catch this play at the time

Hadn't seen it posted and thought it was interesting. Gotta go back and see it.

If this has been posted, please delete.
                        There were a few miss called plays by the Refs that hurt our chances of a comeback in that game.. SMH!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                          That whole game was screwed up, the refs were horrible and it affected both teams, but we lost because we had 4 turnovers in one qrt
                          ^^^^^This. We don't turn the ball over, we easily win that game.

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                          biggest missed penalty that went against us imho was the missed PI on Decker in the endzone

Maybe not the biggest but the most obvious

and on defense the possession before they threw a PI flag on us that was uncalled for

It's bad - lets try to put it behind us
                          He's playing like such a pansy. He should have caught that pass and the PI wouldn't have mattered. Beginning to believe his dropped pass woes last year were mostly his fault and not that "catchable ball crap" these guys like to spew out of their mouths.
                          #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                            I'm not going to say we lost because of the refs, because we had a bad 1st Q, but to say it affected 'both' teams is a little misleading.

A stat came out after week one that the home teams were gotten a larger % of calls then normal, many thought it was because the refs were intimidated by the large crowds, and we were hosed on Monday.

The worst 2 were the phantom PI and the fumble we recovered, but there were others that drove me mad as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X