Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL considering 1 game suspension for Mays

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    NFL considering one-game suspension for Broncos LB Joe Mays, who landed helmet-to-helmet hit on Matt Schaub. At very least, a fine coming.
    sigpic
    2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Joe Mays possible suspension.

According to Adam Schefters twitter, the NFL is considering a 1 game suspension for Joe Mays hit on Schaub in yesterday's game.
    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
      Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
      NFL considering one-game suspension for Broncos LB Joe Mays, who landed helmet-to-helmet hit on Matt Schaub. At very least, a fine coming.
      Just posted as well, looks like you beat me to it, totally agree with a fine, but a suspension? I highly doubt Mays did this on purpose.
      WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Sucks that Irving has an concussion, i'd love to see him in the middle.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          Sucks that Irving has an concussion, i'd love to see him in the middle.
          Just saw he's day to day...

Sadly, Brooking would probably start anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Just saw he's day to day...

Sadly, Brooking would probably start anyway
            Forgot about him, that's depressing.
            sigpic

Comment

Isn't Steven Johnson behind Mays on the depth chart? I would love to see him play

Comment

Wow. Unbelievable.

Guess this would bring Steven Johnson into the starting lineup, since Brookingis already the starter at WLB. Or they move Brooking over and bump up Woodyard.

Comment

This is garbage.

If mays is suspended, cushing better be also for a helmet to helmet hit on manning.

Comment

Sigh that wasn't with intent to injure, was it a big hit? Yes, but Shaub was already getting hit, and his helmet was already half off. IMO this is all because of the blood pic of Schaub's ear. It's the NFL if you don't go hard every play you will get beat. Imagine if that was Vick, Newton, or RG3 if Mays lets up they spin out of a tackle and pick up 20 yards. You can't ask players to change their playing style week in and week out. At the end of the day that is a high hit, and he should be fined. Miller's hit before that was worse, but because there was no blood its not a big deal.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Goodell is a joke nothing new here. Behlichick should be suspended, Mays shouldn't. Yet Mays will probably be suspended and Behlichick will be fined.

Goodell is a corrupt politician, nothing more.
                      sigpic

Comment

Most of us Joe Mays fans love his hustle but the truth is the guy is a dirty player. He stretches the rules every chance he gets to get in a cheap shot. I liked the guy but those late hits on the sliding Ryan were embarrassing. Tim to get rid of this penalty machine.
                        He may have apologized to Schaub but he intended to hurt him with that hit - not just tackle him. Poor sport and gives us the cheap shot label like we had with Promo

Comment

I don't know if mays should be suspended or fined but it was a cheap shot and a dirty play

Comment

Mays IS a dirty player. We love him because he hustles and hits, but reality is he takes cheap shots all the time. He very well could have ended schaub's season by putting his helmet to schaub's chin. Make excuses if you want but the guy is a dirty player

Comment

Is he a dirty player Chop Block? Lol
                              sigpic
                              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X