Broncos LB D.J. Williams Q+A: The full interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
    It's hard to have empathy for DJ. I liked the interview, appreciate the guy a lot more, and understand the Dyme Lyfe stuff better but I'm still at odds with the guy.

He put himself in this situation and now he wants to tell us he's portrayed as a bad guy cause he's misunderstood and the media doesn't like him. That may be true however he didn't clear the air on any of the stuff that got him suspended. THAT'S the stuff that has everyone thinking he's a bad apple.

And if he's so concerned about his team then don't get in trouble. Don't do the things that put you in that situation. Plenty of guys in the league keep that low profile he wants and avoid scrutiny by the media and fans.

If you want to show people you're a better person then do it with your actions. You don't have to do an interview. The good thing: I have a feeling DJ has been humbled and has something to prove. That can be more motivating than any suspension.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to // / yardo again.

Amen, and all great points. Almost exactly how I feel.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Great article. Can't wait till he is back in the lineup!
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
        It's hard to have empathy for DJ. I liked the interview, appreciate the guy a lot more, and understand the Dyme Lyfe stuff better but I'm still at odds with the guy.

He put himself in this situation and now he wants to tell us he's portrayed as a bad guy cause he's misunderstood and the media doesn't like him. That may be true however he didn't clear the air on any of the stuff that got him suspended. THAT'S the stuff that has everyone thinking he's a bad apple.

And if he's so concerned about his team then don't get in trouble. Don't do the things that put you in that situation. Plenty of guys in the league keep that low profile he wants and avoid scrutiny by the media and fans.

If you want to show people you're a better person then do it with your actions. You don't have to do an interview. The good thing: I have a feeling DJ has been humbled and has something to prove. That can be more motivating than any suspension.
        This interview actually tells me he is not a humble person. Smart...yes. Thoughful...yes. Enjoys the quiet life....yes. Humble...I do not think do.

It is hard for a smart young top football recruit to learn to be humble.

I think he is tired of all the negative attention and for some reason is trying to change the perception of himself...the interview leads me to think it may not even be his idea to do this.

DJ may be 30 but in some ways he still needs to mature as a man in a few ways imo. Maybe he already has and we just have not caught up with him but the fact he is making bad decisions like getting DUIs and the fact he is posting pictures that should not be posted on social media just to prove he is working also tells me is needs to mature.

He also needs to be willing to change...the part about him saying he was not going to change how he attacks blockers because he has been in the league for 8 years is disturbing...specially since he is not good getting off the blockers.

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        The interview really helped me see DJ in a different light.
        yea I agree. I like him more now.

Still think he is the same football player but it is always nice to get to know the players on the team.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Still think he is the same football player but it is always nice to get to know the players on the team.
          Which is a little overdue, getting to know him. It's been almost a decade and no one really knows who DJ is with the pads off.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            Which is a little overdue, getting to know him. It's been almost a decade and no one really knows who DJ is with the pads off.
            yea I understand the negative things players are trying to avoid by not telling their stories but what they do not understand is for every negative thing a person is doing there are 100s of fans who just want to know the players they root for all year.

Knowing someone also helps people forgive someone who has made mistakes tho that is really not something I think a player HAS to worry about.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

good interveiw! I still feel he could of been more remorseful for what transpired in the last couple of years!!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting SoloKing, It was a long read, but nevertheless a great one.

I couldn't imagine how much pressure DJ has been under for practically his whole life. I just hope that he comes back and makes a big impact for us.

GO DJ
                HE>i

Comment

He is a bonehead, but he is our bonehead, I love me some DJ KILLiams!

Comment

Working...
                  X