ESPN: Peyton Manning, Von Miller lead Broncos to pivotal win over Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: Peyton Manning, Von Miller lead Broncos to pivotal win over Chargers

Would any of you be able to explain to me what this quotation from the article means? Thank you so much!

"When Rivers completed a 15-yard pass to Malcom Floyd in the third quarter on third-and-10, it snapped a string of 26 straight holds for the Denver 'D' on third down, dating to the end of a win over Cincinnati two weeks ago. It was the longest streak in the NFL in 10 years."

Joyfully,
    The Minx

Originally posted by The Minx View Post
    Would any of you be able to explain to me what this quotation from the article means? Thank you so much!

"When Rivers completed a 15-yard pass to Malcom Floyd in the third quarter on third-and-10, it snapped a string of 26 straight holds for the Denver 'D' on third down, dating to the end of a win over Cincinnati two weeks ago. It was the longest streak in the NFL in 10 years."

Joyfully,
    The Minx
    The defense kept the other offense from converting on third down for 26 straight tries. That's an unbelievable unheard of statistic.
    sigpic

Comment

I assume it had been 26 third downs that the Denver D didnt allow a first down.

Comment

Originally posted by swaiy View Post
        I assume it had been 26 third downs that the Denver D didnt allow a first down.
        Yeah that's what it said.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I knew they were doing good, but the best in 10 years is awesome

sigpic

Comment

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321118007

This is the article. So it was 26 straight third downs since playing Cincinnati, or 26 in just the Chargers game Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by The Minx View Post
              http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321118007

This is the article. So it was 26 straight third downs since playing Cincinnati, or 26 in just the Chargers game Sunday?
              26 straight since playing Cincinnati. Carolina was 0-12 for the entire game. And I believe San Diego started 0-12 before finally converting.

So Cincinnati must've failed to convert their final 2 of the game.
              sigpic

Comment

Okay. Much thanks, Everyone!

Comment

These are not weak offenses either. We held the Saints to 14 points. This defense is legit.

Comment

Working...
                  X