Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodyard out against the Raiders...

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver
    Wesley Woodyard ruled out for Thursday. He did not make the trip to Oakland.

Good thing we didn't get rid of DJ :thumb:

I guess DJ has to put on his big boy pants.

Comment

DJ is a quality player and we are lucky to have so many LB's with the talent they all possess.

Depth is awesome.

Comment

I bet Danny Trevathan starts

Comment

Trevathan would have beyond awesome filling in. As much as I love Woody... I honestly believe Trev has the potential to be better in the same mold. I said it before the season and I stick by that comment.
          Denver Broncos GM
          Originally posted by Mosk
          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
            I bet Danny Trevathan starts
            I doubt it, Fox likes to stick with his veterans. And since the Raiders are getting McFadden back, it may be a bad match up for him since younger LBs with speed have a proclivity to overrun plays. DJ will start and he'll play well for us as he usually does

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              I doubt it, Fox likes to stick with his veterans. And since the Raiders are getting McFadden back, it may be a bad match up for him since younger LBs with speed have a proclivity to overrun plays. DJ will start and he'll play well for us as he usually does
              Danny knows JDR system better than DJ, can arguably cover better (since he's our 3rd down back) so I don't see it! I could be wrong it has happened...1976 I think

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                Danny knows JDR system better than DJ, can arguably cover better (since he's our 3rd down back) so I don't see it! I could be wrong it has happened...1976 I think
                You're guaranteed to be wrong. Danny knows the system better? Lol what? What are you basing that on? They both gpt the same playbook at the same time. DJ is a vet and has experience learning different NFL playbooks, so he probably knows the system better.

Comment

We'll be fine without Woody. We need him to get healthy again for the postseason.
                  sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    You're guaranteed to be wrong. Danny knows the system better? Lol what? What are you basing that on? They both gpt the same playbook at the same time. DJ is a vet and has experience learning different NFL playbooks, so he probably knows the system better.
                    If I remember correctly DJ wasn't even allowed at some of training camp because of his PED violation. Tevathan had about 10 weeks of practice, all of training camp, and rookie mini camp to learn everything. This is a new system that didn't carry over from last year so experience in last years system didn't help an exorbitant amount. However DJ has had a few weeks to get back in the flow. I'd say they're about on the same level as far as knowing the system. I'd say if either one had even a slight edge it'd go to Trevathan though.

Comment

On the bright side, he gets a long week and a half to rest the ankle.
                      It would be great to build an early lead and give some of the other starters on D some rest before the road trip to Baltimore.
                      sigpic

"Sauced."- Broshown Broenbro

Comment

DJ will beast and we will finally put him at middle linebacker when Wesley comes back
                        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Woodyard out tonight vs. Raiders

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hursday-night/

Richard Seymour still out for Raiders.

Stokely limited in practice all week and is questionable. I would hope we can rest him and still get a win. We will need him in the playoffs.

Hopefully this is the right area to post this.

Comment

Text in case you're not wanting to click on the link:

The Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders will both be missing one of their key defensive pieces for the match up of AFC West division rivals on Thursday night.

The Raiders already know they’ll be without defensive end Richard Seymour. Seymour will miss his fifth straight game for the Raiders with knee and hamstring injuries. Seymour last played in Oakland’s 42-32 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 9. Since then, the Raiders are allowing over 36 points a game and have lost four straight games by an average of nearly 21 points a game.

Meanwhile, the Broncos listed linebacker Wesley Woodyard as doubtful to play. Woodyard injured his ankle in the Broncos 31-23 against the Buccaneers on Sunday. Woodyward has had an outstanding year for the Broncos as he’s already compiled 100 tackles for the season with three interceptions and a forced fumble.

Wide receiver Brandon Stokley is listed as questionable for the game with a hip injury. He’s been limited in practice all week for Denver. Cornerback Phillip Adams (concussion) and defensive end Jack Crawford (toe) are questionable for the Raiders.

UPDATE 11:00 p.m. ET: According to the Denver Broncos official twitter account, Woodyard did not travel with the team to Oakland Wednesday night and has been downgraded to out.

Comment

DJ and Trevathan can pick up the slack for WW

Comment

Working...
                              X