No announcement yet.

Woodyard out against the Raiders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ will fill in for Woodyard, and Tamme will likely flex out again instead of Stokley playing the slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos2024 View Post
      If I remember correctly DJ wasn't even allowed at some of training camp because of his PED violation. Tevathan had about 10 weeks of practice, all of training camp, and rookie mini camp to learn everything. This is a new system that didn't carry over from last year so experience in last years system didn't help an exorbitant amount. However DJ has had a few weeks to get back in the flow. I'd say they're about on the same level as far as knowing the system. I'd say if either one had even a slight edge it'd go to Trevathan though.
      DJ's had the playbook since the offseason though so he knows the defense and since he's a veteran, he probably picked up quicker and is already more comfortable with it than Trevathan. Add in the fact that DJ could practice with the team during his 2nd suspension and has been off of suspension for a few weeks now, he'll be ready to fill in well. Trevathan will stay in his current role, he's a rookie, we don't need to put that much on him right now and Fox has shown numerous times throughout his coaching career that this is how he thinks. Trevathan will get more playing time than usual but DJ will start and get more snaps.

Also with McFadden and Goodson back, the Raiders will try to establish the run early and DJ is better against the run.

Comment

We'll miss him for sure but hopefully our depth will carry us through.
        Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Stokley is apparently active tonight

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            DJ's had the playbook since the offseason though so he knows the defense and since he's a veteran, he probably picked up quicker and is already more comfortable with it than Trevathan. Add in the fact that DJ could practice with the team during his 2nd suspension and has been off of suspension for a few weeks now, he'll be ready to fill in well. Trevathan will stay in his current role, he's a rookie, we don't need to put that much on him right now and Fox has shown numerous times throughout his coaching career that this is how he thinks. Trevathan will get more playing time than usual but DJ will start and get more snaps.

Also with McFadden and Goodson back, the Raiders will try to establish the run early and DJ is better against the run.
            Oh I totally agree that DJ will be better in there than Trevathan and DJ will make less mistakes. I just find it hard to believe that DJ knows the playbook better than Trevathan. I think at this point in the season they both have the same grasp on the playbook. Many coaches have heralded Trevathan for his smarts and coming in like he was already a veteran. I agree though right now DJ is the better player and does have the experience on him I just think as far as playbooks go they both have the same knowledge of it.

Comment

I would be ok with DJ or Trev starting this game.

Feel bad for Woody but man it is nice to have Depth

Once again good job Elway and our team in the front office
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                You're guaranteed to be wrong. Danny knows the system better? Lol what? What are you basing that on? They both gpt the same playbook at the same time. DJ is a vet and has experience learning different NFL playbooks, so he probably knows the system better.
                I missed the first position on defense....who started?

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                  I missed the first position on defense....who started?
                  DJ started but Trevathan got a good bit of reps too.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    DJ started but Trevathan got a good bit of reps too.
                    Trev is our best cover 2 corner, I have to say I am impressed with his ability and how well Brooking has helped him grow. Its starting to look like Irving will never break into the lineup, and if he stays it will be on special teams
                    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                      Trev is our best cover 2 corner, I have to say I am impressed with his ability and how well Brooking has helped him grow. Its starting to look like Irving will never break into the lineup, and if he stays it will be on special teams
                      Irving is behind miller...if he's in millers out...that's bad

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                        I saw Irving in there twice. He shot the gap on a running play and strung McFadden outside and Ayers tackled him for a 1 yard loss. The other play was on McFadden's touchdown where he and the rest of the defense was fooled by the fake screen to the other side of the field. Irving tends to look good when he does get in, particularly against the run.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          Irving tends to look good when he does get in, particularly against the run.
                          Noticed that too, I feel like he can/could be a solid contributer if called upon, and might even be a starter on a different team. He seems to have a nose for the ball, which you always like to see in a LB.

I've been pulling for this kid since he came out, rough path he's been down and you'd like to see him have a very fruitful pro career
                          Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Working...
                          X