Another fine for Von Miller 25K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fine for Von Miller 25K?

I know, you are "not allowed to hit the knees," but this is just ridiculous.

Far from me to call Goodell a dictator, but that is essentially what he is.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...for-von-miller

Denver linebacker Von Miller is one of the very best defensive players in the NFL.

But he is also becoming one of the most fined.

Miller -- a leading candidate for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award -- was fined $25,000 by the NFL for a hit below the knee on Tampa Bay quarterback Josh Freeman last Sunday. Miller was fined $21,000 for a hit on Carolina quarterback Cam Newton last month.

Miller, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2011 draft, has been fined several times since joining the NFL. He has been fined at least $109,250 as an NFL player.

Still, Miller does not have a reputation for being a dirty player. I have seen him play a lot and his penalties and fines seem to be a byproduct of aggressive play and the NFL's strict rules on hitting the quarterback. Miller is a premier pass-rusher. He hits the quarterback often. Sometimes, he is going to have to pay the price as part of today’s NFL climate.

Now the question is, just how stiff a price might that be? Players who rack up big fines are often subject to an eventual NFL suspension.

Stupid. Football isn't what it used to be.

Im sure in atleast 10 years it will be wrap tackle only.

Comment

Thats bunk.

BUT... ill chip in and start a " von miller QB sack fine" foundation

as long as he plays the way he is playing, we should pay his fines.
      LETS GO GET EM BOYS

Comment

Von was on the ground when he made those tackles. I guess he was supposed to get up then tackle.
        Team Broncos!
        2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Goodell is ruining the NFL. He has yet to do one good thing for the league.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
            Goodell is ruining the NFL. He has yet to do one good thing for the league.
            ^^^^this. If he continues down this path like getting rid of kickoffs I'm seriously going to consider giving up on football.

Hard to believe I know but what he is trying to give us is not football. At least not the football I grew up to know and love.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm sure if you were to look over my nearly 2000 posts since I joined these boards and pick out the 10 most commonly used words, amongst them would be:

NFL
              Becoming
              Joke
              Roger
              Goodell
              Moron
              Idiot

Just an absolute abomination of a decision to fine Von.
              Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

It was a good call. Those are the rules, and it isn't Goodell that makes them it is the owners that vote for them. He hit the QB below the knee and that isn't allowed, you would all be up in arms if it was PM that was hit like that. Vonn just needs to raise his aiming point
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  ^^^^this. If he continues down this path like getting rid of kickoffs I'm seriously going to consider giving up on football.

Hard to believe I know but what he is trying to give us is not football. At least not the football I grew up to know and love.
                  Look, I cannot stand Goodell. Everything that is happening is indicative that the NFL is VERY VERY VERY concerned about the law suits. Thousands of them. In order to combat those, it is imperative that they APPEAR pro active in making the game safer. That is what they mulling over.

It is the true nature of our overly litigious society. The fact is they have not made the game safer at all. It is all window dressing. The collisions are still there. Players are still bigger and stronger than ever. That isnt stopping. It is clear the NFL is more and more desperate. IF the lawsuits are successful, all of tackle football is in real trouble in this country.

That is what is happening in my estimation.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                    It was a good call. Those are the rules, and it isn't Goodell that makes them it is the owners that vote for them. He hit the QB below the knee and that isn't allowed, you would all be up in arms if it was PM that was hit like that. Vonn just needs to raise his aiming point
                    Have you ever actually played football? Aiming point? Is it a gun range out there?

He was fighting through the block, and part of it was him being blocked.

Until I see an offensive player fined one time for iniiating helmet to helmet will I know they have an understanding about the nature of the game.

If you do not think an offensive player can initiate a helmet to helmet hit, then that would confirm what I pretty much already know. You never really played the game.

You think 25K is fair for that hit? Do you even know the hit? Does anyone have it on a gif so we can see it?

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                      Now what if the QB still holds onto the ball? Isnt that a regular sack like always? So your saying a guy going a millon miles an hour needs to stop getting pushed in the back while falling down and hitting the QB in the legs while trying to sack him?
                      sigpic

Comment

https://twitter.com/espn_afcwest

#Broncos Miller has been fined at least $109,250 in less than two NFL seasons.
                        Just wait until Goodell suspends Von Miller. And you know it's coming.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-forum-oakland

The fans asked questions about players' safety. One fan said that because the players make so much money today, the $21,000 or $50,000 fines aren't registering. Goodell indicated that instead of fines, the league will be more liberal in levying suspensions.

"We have found that what really changes behavior is when you take the game away from them," Goodell said. "We're moving toward suspensions. And that causes coaches to coach the game differently."
                        This forum will explode.
                        Last edited by -Rod-; 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          https://twitter.com/espn_afcwest

Just wait until Goodell suspends Von Miller. And you know it's coming.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-forum-oakland

This forum will explode.
                          Roger Goodell = Idiot of the highest order.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                            Roger Goodell = Idiot of the highest order.
                            I hate Goodell and his useless attempt to make such a fast and violent game look safe (severely hurting the quality of the game in the process) BUT... The team owners are letting him do what he does and they approved his contract extension through the 2018 season. And the money keeps coming.
                            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the National Flag-Football League.

Comment

Working...
                              X