Defensive POY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive POY

Sorry if there is already a thread about this; I didn't see 1.

Check out this article on smith, watt, and Von about who deserves DPOY.

http://nesn.com/2012/12/aldon-smiths...r-of-the-year/

This guys takes way more in to account than just sacks. He looks at how effective and important each guy is to each team.

Lmk what you think

I'd give it to Watt.

Comment

If any of these 3 can have a great 2 games to end the season, they will probably win it. The lasting impression of the last couple games can have a huge impact on who wins it.

Just look at the heisman, Manziel had 1 game that won him the heisman. He wasn't even in the conversation for the first 75% of the year.

Comment

Smith lucked out with Campbell this year and a one legged Roethlisberger last year. I remember seeing three defenders on Miller against the Chargers earlier in the year. That is respect of the highest form paid by an opposing offense and coaching staff.

Homerism aside I give it to Miller and hope we get to end all doubt when we play AND BEAT these teams in the weeks to come.

2 1/2 against the Browns today and a forced fumble.
        [sigpic

Comment

Miller will win DPOY at least twice in his career. The sooner we improve our interior rush the better.

Comment

How about...they're all absurdly good and you really can't go wrong with any of them?

Comment

It is an award that can only go to one of them however, and i think the next two games go along way in determining who that will be. Smith is out today i think.

Comment

RIght now Watt is head and shoulders above the other 2. And Smith is ahead of Vonn. IMO he should finish 3rd
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

If you look at who effects more defensive plays positively, then Watt and Miller are very close. Smith is a one trick pony riding a 5 sack performance against a horrible OL. I think Watt gets it over Miller, all things considered Watt's impact is bigger imo due to the number of passes he knocks down.
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                    RIght now Watt is head and shoulders above the other 2. And Smith is ahead of Vonn. IMO he should finish 3rd
                    See I just don't understand. Why? Because Watt has some blocked passes?

Give me a break. Von Miller has, what, quadruple his TFL, so he's more impactful on play by play basis in the running game than Watt, not to mention he has double Watt's forced fumbles. And of course, Miller is just a sack and a half behind Watt.

What about that says head and shoulders?

Those stats tell me Miller is far more involved--far more impactful--on every play than Watt.
                    Last edited by DishWater; 12-23-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Dude.......Watt might be ahead but not Smith he is not even on Von's level
                      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

lol Aldon Smith is getting Mauled by Okung right now
                        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

The ONLY thing Smith has over Von is sacks, THATS IT.

Watt, i'd agree, the guy is a beast, if he wins it, congrats to him.

But no way is Smith over Von.

Comment

I don't recall us getting blown out this year.
                            HE>i

Comment

Watt, Miller then Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X