Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    Von Miller is having a monster season with out a doubt but a lot of his game doesn't show up on the stat sheets. He almost always effects the outcome of the play on the field in one way or another even when he doesn't make the play himself. I think Watt and Smith are great defensive players as well but Miller is showing us that he can do it all from the linebacker position and do it well. Miller is the most complete player out of the 3 and he is only getting better each and every week.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    All three are great players, I am just glad we have one of them Miller stays healthy he will take home the award, maybe multiple times, someday. As someone mentioned, he would rather have the Championships.

Leave a comment:

• ThreeGees
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I'd give it to Watt.

Me, too. Leads the league in sacks, leads his team in tackles with over 100, leads the league in blocked passes and tackles for loss.

Leave a comment:

• jaytea11
    replied
    I can see Watt being listed ahead of Von, but Smith?? No way.... Not close.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    I'm not giving up on Von Miller,i say he takes the award with a beast performance next week.Chiefs = Derek Thomas Beastmode

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    I think Watt is first and then Miller, because Smith looks like a different defender now that Justin Smith isn't in the rotation. But we will see what the 49ers are able to do since they are going up against the Cards, who don't have a QB or a line lol.

But I think this final week is going to hurt Miller because he drew a team that likes to just run the ball while the other got teams that like to give up sacks. So Miller is going to have the hardest road to overtake the lead. But I think Watt has it and it is his to lose.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Personally I feel they are three dfferent defenders.

Hearing all kinds of poeple say all kinds of borderline stuff in efforts to get their guy the DPOY

Based on what I have seen of football lately and long term ...

Watt 1st
    Smith 2nd
    Miller 3rd

There is a valid arguement for all three being chosen 1st but that is how I think the voters take it.

Depending on who has the votes Miller may end up 2nd for allot of reasons.

Miller is the best defender imo btw

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    I think Watt takes it this year. It is a toss up between him and Miller but the media has taken him under his wing and that might be all he needs to put him over the top. If he breaks the sack record its all over anyway.

What both are doing is pretty incredible. It's like the year Jason Taylor beat Bailey for the award. They both had a season for the ages. Both should have been recognized.

Leave a comment:

• FabrizioHC
    replied
    Like I said before, I'm sure both Miller and Manning don't care for this awards. The one they want is in New Orleans. Individual awards are nice and all, but team awards will put you up there with the great ones.

Leave a comment:

• kona bronco
    replied
    Watt, Miller then Smith

Leave a comment:

• Broncoboy6
    replied
    I don't recall us getting blown out this year.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    RIght now Watt is head and shoulders above the other 2. And Smith is ahead of Vonn. IMO he should finish 3rd
    The ONLY thing Smith has over Von is sacks, THATS IT.

Watt, i'd agree, the guy is a beast, if he wins it, congrats to him.

But no way is Smith over Von.

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    lol Aldon Smith is getting Mauled by Okung right now

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    RIght now Watt is head and shoulders above the other 2. And Smith is ahead of Vonn. IMO he should finish 3rd
    Dude.......Watt might be ahead but not Smith he is not even on Von's level

Leave a comment:

• DishWater
    replied
    See I just don't understand. Why? Because Watt has some blocked passes?

Give me a break. Von Miller has, what, quadruple his TFL, so he's more impactful on play by play basis in the running game than Watt, not to mention he has double Watt's forced fumbles. And of course, Miller is just a sack and a half behind Watt.

What about that says head and shoulders?

Those stats tell me Miller is far more involved--far more impactful--on every play than Watt.
    Last edited by DishWater; 12-23-2012, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X