PFF - Secret Superstars: Week 16 includes Manny Ramirez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFF - Secret Superstars: Week 16 includes Manny Ramirez

I knew that Manny had a pretty good game against the Browns but this type of performance gives some assurance for our January run if Kuper continues to have injury issues.

Manuel Ramirez – OG, Denver Broncos

Unlike their fellow teams in the AFC West, the Denver Broncos have had little trouble picking up wins this season and, with MVP candidate Peyton Manning at the helm, are still in with a chance to lock up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. With Manning on offense and Von Miller on defense, it’s easy for the players around them to get lost in the shuffle. That’s partly true for offensive guard Manuel Ramirez, however part of the reason he doesn’t get many plaudits is because he hasn’t looked that impressive overall this season. Despite this, he turned in his best performance of the year on Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

As a pass blocker he finished the game with a perfect Pass Blocking Efficiency (PBE) Rating of 100.0, with absolutely no pressure at all allowed from 47 passing plays. That marked the sixth time this season he has had a perfect PBE Rating, not too surprising considering his struggles have come as a run blocker, but impressive all the same. He had no such struggles in the running game this week however, with his only negatively graded play coming in the form of a false start. His day was highlighted by a nice pull block on Browns linebacker Craig Robertson on 1st-and-10 with 11 seconds left in the opening quarter. It’s been a season of struggles for him as a run blocker, but if he can produce more performances like this in the coming weeks, Denver will be in even greater shape for the playoffs.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...stars-week-16/
    sigpic

Defense wins championships

That's a nice thread. Let's just go ahead and close it now.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Yeah, okay.

I still think he blows. He's had A LOT of games where he looked like crap, mildly put. Kuper's return can't come soon enough.
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

How many pass rushers do the Browns have though?

I still think he needs to be replaced during the offseason.

Comment

Good Read! I'm glad he had a good game.I know he has to be better than players like Hoch and Polumbus.

Comment

The key word is "improving" As long as he's doing that the line will be alright.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
              Yeah, okay.

I still think he blows. He's had A LOT of games where he looked like crap, mildly put. Kuper's return can't come soon enough.
              To be fair I wouldn't mind seeing a highly drafted guard to replace both kuper and manny. I know kup is a good guard but he's not a good run blocker and his massive amount of injury history at age 31 he's not gonna get more resistant to injury
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                To be fair I wouldn't mind seeing a highly drafted guard to replace both kuper and manny. I know kup is a good guard but he's not a good run blocker and his massive amount of injury history at age 31 he's not gonna get more resistant to injury
                while i agree guard may be a good selection with our first pick kuper has been healthy his whole career until this past year with freak injuries. i wouldnt call him injury prone at all

Comment

Working...
                X