Signing Terrell Owens Could Put Peyton Manning's Broncos "Over the Top"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing Terrell Owens Could Put Peyton Manning's Broncos "Over the Top"

I admit I read Bleacher Report every now and then when I need more of my Broncos fix, and yes they have some pretty stupid articles, but this one really takes the cake. I also feel bad about making fun of someone's article, but if you do absolutely zero research when writing it, you kind of deserve it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-over-the-top

Some highlights:

Signing future Hall of Fame wide receiver Terrell Owens could be the difference between "one and done" and winning a championship.
    The Denver Broncos currently ride the NFL's longest winning streak (11 consecutive games) and appear to need little help moving the football through the air.
    Double coverage can be devoted to Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker but the Broncos cannot count on the rushing prowess of Lance Ball to take the pressure off of Manning's shoulders.
    Willis McGahee is out for the remainder of the season
    Not to mention a quote from ESPN's own Skip Bayless to help defend his argument.

"The great Bill Walsh once told me that Terrell Owens has as high a football I.Q. as a receiver, as any player he ever tutored or coached in the film room." -Skip Bayless

Terrell probably does have a higher football Iq than alot of recievers in the nfl. Its his off the field IQ that he has a problem with. Im not gonna lie as a football player Id rather have TO as our #3 than Matt Willis but due to the drama he brings I just wouldnt want him anywhere near this team

And Peyton Manning Turned Blair White ito a household name so I doubt he needs TO to help move the ball through the air

Comment

I'm as surprised Bill Walsh would be inclined to converse with Skip Bayless as I am that Walsh allegedly told him that.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Comment

Wow, this is really, really bad. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Well the dude who wrote it is a "senior writer"...

Goes to show the level of integrity that Bleacher Report has...
            All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
              Well the dude who wrote it is a "senior writer"...

Goes to show the level of integrity that Bleacher Report has...
              About as much integrity as the average broncos message board poster. Which is convenient since the average BCMB poster probably is the same person posting on the bleacher report may it forever burn with fire....
              sigpic

Comment

Bleacher Report is very unreliable and disappointing. I checked out their 2013 season predictions for our future opponents, and they sai that we would lose to the Chargers and Chiefs! Very unbelieveable. Boycott Bleacher Report.
                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

If Thomas or Decker suffered an offseason injury or went down in training camp I could see this making some sense, but even still would TO be able to shut up and take directions from Manning and live up to the standards he requires of his teammates/receivers? I don't know.

Comment

I would emphasize how bad the bleacher report is, but the others have it covered.
                    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Working...
                    X