• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning assigns favorite movies as homework

Wants players to relate to him better -

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

He likes early SNL cast member movies

"I've changed it up over the years, but the main five are going to be "Vacation," "Fletch," "Stripes," "Caddyshack," and probably "The Jerk," Manning said, naming five comedies that star early cast members of "Saturday Night Live". "Most of these guys have never heard of these movies, and they really don't think they're funny because it's different kind of humor. It's '70s, '80s, '90s humor, but whatever you can do to get on the same list."
    Never heard any of these films before except Caddyshack. Not planning on seeing any of them anytime soon.
    Team Broncos!
    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Originally posted by GoManning View Post
      Never heard any of these films before except Caddyshack. Not planning on seeing any of them anytime soon.
      I'm just a little older than Manning. You're missing out. The Jerk with Steve Martin is a classic. Vacation and Fletch are both Chevy Chase. Stripes is Bill Murray. Caddyshack is actually my least favorite of the five.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Peyton&Eli_fan. I'm going to check out The Jerk since I like Steve Martin.
        Team Broncos!
        2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Kids......You are missing out......These are some of the best movies of a generation......Take 4 hours out of your life and watch stripes and "the Jerk" those are the best....You will not regret it
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
            Kids......You are missing out......These are some of the best movies of a generation......Take 4 hours out of your life and watch stripes and "the Jerk" those are the best....You will not regret it
            Amen brother. These are all timeless classics. Now I wanna go watch the Jerk and stripes again.
            sigpic

Comment

Missing out, man. True comedy at its best. Especially Vacation and Stripes, and that's the fact, Jack. That's like never seeing the first Star Wars.

Comment

Born in 1990, and i love "the Jerk" one of my favorite Steve Martian films
                2011 Adopted Bronco: Rahim Moore

Comment

Haha I actually never liked the Jerk, but I could watch those Bill Murray and Chevy Chase movies every day of the week. Kind of disappointed there's no Ghostbusters or Three Amigos on his list.

Comment

The Jerk is my favourite out of the bunch.

The Quote "The new phone books's here!" Might remind you of a certain Marcus Thomas!
                    All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                      Haha I actually never liked the Jerk, but I could watch those Bill Murray and Chevy Chase movies every day of the week. Kind of disappointed there's no Ghostbusters or Three Amigos on his list.
                      Funny thing, of all those movies, the only one I own is The Three Amigos. I dont have much of a movie collection but I can't imagine not owning The Three Amigos and Christmas Vacation.

Comment

Another good one to throw in there is Spies Like Us.

Comment

Spies Like Us is classic as well. Have to throw in Trading Places to add Aykroyd to the list, then you gotta go into Eddie Murphy movies... man could go on forever :doh:

Was a great era for cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                            Spies Like Us is classic as well. Have to throw in Trading Places to add Aykroyd to the list, then you gotta go into Eddie Murphy movies... man could go on forever :doh:

Was a great era for cinema.
                            Totally was. So many great films. I had to put on Stripes. The girlfriend hadn't seen it either.

Comment

The Jerk is a CLASSIC

Stripes is pretty good

Comment

Working...
                              X