Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Elway Pre-Draft Press Conference

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...7-3da518d9bda4

Link is here, bout to start in 5 minutes.

I'll copy and paste some Twitter quotes for people who can not listen/watch.

Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...7-3da518d9bda4

Link is here, bout to start in 5 minutes.

I'll copy and paste some Twitter quotes for people who can not listen/watch.

thx bud!:thumb:

Comment

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19s
      "Yes," Elway said when asked whether the plan is to take the best player on the board.

Comment

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 15s
        Elway: "The bottom line is 13-3, we had a great year ... but it was a great regular season."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19s
        Elway: "The last thing you can do is be satisfied at 13-3 and losing in the (divisional) round in the playoffs."

Comment

Are you still waiting too? When I first logged in (5 minutes ago or so), there was a sound guy (I think) at the mike. Now I see nothing.

Comment

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17s
            Elway, on draft trades: "I think we're open to anything ... it's expensive to go up, but that's not saying we won't take a chance."

Says he thinks they will get a good player at 28, and that is there plan.

Robert Ayers IS the starter right now. Confident in him.

Comment

the video quality for this stream is amazing!
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m
                Elway: trend with RBs is that "it's been bumped down a little bit" in the draft, says it's a matter of fitting system & being coached up.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 27s
                Elway: "There's not been 32 first-round grades. 21, 22, 23 first-round grades are given out every year."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 45s
                Elway said Broncos looking at this draft as not having as many "impact guys" but with greater depth of good players.

Elway: "With where we are right now, McGahee is that big back for us right now, Hillman is ... change of pace guy.'

Elway seems very confident with the 28th pick. Last year he talked a lot about moving down. Not so much today.
                Last edited by Yakka27; 04-22-2013, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Are you still waiting too? When I first logged in (5 minutes ago or so), there was a sound guy (I think) at the mike. Now I see nothing.
                  Getting it to work? Mine didn't work on Mozilla, maybe try something else.

Comment

Good questions coming up about DEs....

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 32s
                    Elway: "There's a lot of good football players" in the DE class ... "plenty of defensive linemen ... it (group) is deeper than most."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 18s
                    Elway: "If there's a DE there that we feel fits that mode, then we'll pick him at 28."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 30s
                    Elway: "Philosophy in the first round: we want to find guys that are going to be 10-year guys."

Comment

Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
                      Getting it to work? Mine didn't work on Mozilla, maybe try something else.
                      I'll keep tryin, but your updates are appreciated.

Comment

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 44s
                        Elway: Team will do several mocks in the next 2-3 days. Practicing scenarios they might face on draft day/nights.

Said he enjoys doing Mocks. Wants to be prepared for every scenario. 10 Minutes is not a lot of time so need to be prepared for everything.

Also likes to prepare scenarios of different teams calling wanting to trade up/down.

Made a joke about Decker's reality TV show, says he knows how much Decker loves football and he'll continue to work hard. Won't be a distraction.

Comment

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 25s
                          Elway: looking for starters in second round, as well. Pleased with the 2nd-rounders he's picked.

Comment

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13s
                            Elway: "All I can say is, there was a 1 o'clock deadline ... if there's anything I would take back, it's that when there's a deadline ...

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 25s
                            Elway: "... there's a deadline ... that won't happen again."

..Sounds like Elway wishes he would have cut him right at 1 instead of trying to sign him and making a fiasco out of the whole thing.

Was very serious when he said "That won't happen again"

Comment

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 52s
                              Elway: "The secondary class - it's a big class. Lots of good football players."

Elway, on the QB class: "I'm just glad we're not in that market, let's put it that way." Met w/ Matt Scott, Zac Dysert.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 26s
                              Elway: "I think so," when asked whether Osweiler would have been a first-rounder this year.

Very Excited to have gotten Brock last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X