Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Broncos made it into the Profootballfocus top 101 NFL Players. Two in top 10!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Broncos made it into the Profootballfocus top 101 NFL Players. Two in top 10!

Six Broncos made it into the Profootballfocus top 101 NFL players!
    ================================================== ============
    98. Champ Bailey, CB, Denver Broncos (80th)

So the playoffs didn’t really go well for Bailey who struggled to stop Torrey Smith getting in behind him. Yet one game, however important it is, doesn’t undo a season’s worth of good work. Bailey was still up to the task of matching up with a team’s top receiver, and he only allowed 40 regular season receptions, including just one touchdown. A fine year with a horrid end.

Best Performance: Week 15 at Baltimore, +4.3

Key Stat: Just 4.27 percent of his coverage snaps ended with him giving up a first down or touchdown. That is the sixth-lowest of all cornerbacks for 2012.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...012-101-to-91/
    ================================================== ===========================
    64. Chris Harris, CB, Denver Broncos (Unranked)

It’s not easy being a slot corner in the NFL, so Harris deserves extra credit for handling business on the outside and coping extremely well when moving inside in the Broncos’ sub-package defense. The former undrafted free agent took his chance with both hands when Tracy Porter went down hurt, and backed up his excellent coverage work with some fine play in the run game. A complete defender already.

Best Performance: Week 13 versus Tampa Bay, +4.8

Key Stat: Gave up just 0.83 yards per slot coverage snap, sixth-lowest of all defensive backs.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...2012-70-to-61/
    ================================================== ========================
    47. Ryan Clady, LT, Denver Broncos (Unranked)

After a year spent protecting the somewhat unpredictable Tim Tebow, life got a lot easier for Ryan Clady when Peyton Manning rolled into town. Far from dominant in the run game, Clady makes his name as a pass protector and that’s exactly why the Broncos were never going to let him hit the open market in free agency.

Best Performance: Week 3 versus Houston, +5.8

Key Stat: Allowed just 22 quarterback disruptions on 609 pass blocking snaps.

Key Stat: His 30 defensive stops in the run game were the third-most of any 4-3 defensive end.

45. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver Broncos (Unranked)

Outside a couple of fumbles when Thomas wasn’t touched, it was a big year for the former first-round pick who showed what he could do with a viable quarterback throwing him the ball. Making some spectacular catches as he picked up 1,430 yards and 10 touchdowns, Thomas emerged as one of the most dynamic receivers in the league.

Best Performance: Week 8 versus New Orleans, +7.1

Key Stat: Picked up 2.51 yards per route run, seventh-highest in the league.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...2012-50-to-41/
    ================================================== ==================

7. Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos (Unranked)

There were plenty of question marks as Peyton Manning linked up with the Broncos. Would he be healthy enough to contribute? And, if so, could he be anywhere near as effective as he was during his time with the Colts? Well, in finishing the year as our No. 1 quarterback he answered those questions with a resounding ‘Yes’. The arm strength may not have been what it once was, but it was still enough that teams had to contend with Manning attacking them all over the field. Which is exactly what he did as the Broncos were regular season kings. Now if only the postseason went as well…

Best Performance: Week 10 at Carolina, +7.3

Key Stat: Had the third-highest Accuracy Percentage on deep balls of all quarterbacks in 2012.

4. Von Miller, OLB, Denver Broncos (12th)

Miller isn’t your conventional 4-3 outside linebacker, moving into a pass rushing role in sub package defense that saw him spend only 24% of his passing snaps in coverage. However, as the 86 combined sacks, hits and hurries show, he delivers in that role, while adding a further 15 tackles for losses. You simply need to watch out for Miller on every play — if you don’t, he’s likely to hurt you.

Best Performance: Week 5 at New England, +12.3

Key Stat: Missed only three tackles all year.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...12-the-top-10/
    ================================================== ================
    Not too bad with 6 Broncos and two in the top 10! My favorite Vonnie Football is #4

Champ was outstanding all year, and was easily a top 5 CB last season...but all anyone remembers is the last game. I think the extreme cold really effected him and made him look worse that it really was. I expect him to play well again next season...oh, and Wesley Woodyard played at a Pro bowl level, and to me is easily a top 1oo player in the NFL

Comment

Peyton should be no lower than top 3 - he was the MVP in 2012, even though every few years the voters are compelled to give the award to a running back. And if the guy ranked #98 doesn't have an inexplicable breakdown at the end of the Ravens game, Peyton would have ended up as the Super Bowl MVP, too.

Comment

I think www.profootballfocus.com ranking of the top 101 players is more fair than the one from nfl.com. I was watching NFL.com and its goofy. they have players on there that have been injured during most or all of 2012.
        And, the NFL.com one is heavily favoring the Ravens since they won the SB.
        The www.profootballfocus.com ranking is based on every single play that a player makes and is based on their performance better than any other ranking. Ok, its probably not perfect, but IMO pretty good.

Comment

Thx for this!

Love it that Harris was recognized. He is still relatively unknown compared to others, but not after this coming year. Probably not unknown to opposing Receivers / QBs / Coaches.

:thumb:

Just for interest sake, did you see Dumervil on the list?
          Last edited by CanDB; 05-05-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
            Champ was outstanding all year, and was easily a top 5 CB last season...but all anyone remembers is the last game. I think the extreme cold really effected him and made him look worse that it really was. I expect him to play well again next season...oh, and Wesley Woodyard played at a Pro bowl level, and to me is easily a top 1oo player in the NFL
            Yeah, that surprised me as well.

Sure, he's not a household name but he easily earned a top 100 spot last season.
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
              Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
              Yeah, that surprised me as well.

Sure, he's not a household name but he easily earned a top 100 spot last season.
              You got my vote as well. Woody impressed me so much last year, and I admit, I underestimated him. And I keep saying how smart we were to find him, Harris and Carter........all Undrafted players!

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat7 View Post
                Peyton should be no lower than top 3 - he was the MVP in 2012, even though every few years the voters are compelled to give the award to a running back. And if the guy ranked #98 doesn't have an inexplicable breakdown at the end of the Ravens game, Peyton would have ended up as the Super Bowl MVP, too.
                Compelled to give it to a RB? Adrian Peterson earned the MVP award

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Thx for this!

Love it that Harris was recognized. He is still relatively unknown compared to others, but not after this coming year. Probably not unknown to opposing Receivers / QBs / Coaches.

:thumb:

Just for interest sake, did you see Dumervil on the list?
                  Dumerville is not on the profootball focus top 100. IMO Dumervill is a good player not great and doesn't deserve top 100 player. He could be on the NFL top 100 list, but doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                    Dumerville is not on the profootball focus top 100. IMO Dumervill is a good player not great and doesn't deserve top 100 player. He could be on the NFL top 100 list, but doubt it.
                    Not going to make a big difference in things, but it's good to know he isn't rated that high......now that he's gone. I personally liked having him here, as most of us did, but wondered if he wasn't too one dimensional.

But I digress.......this isn't about who's not on our team any longer. Sorry for the sidestep.

Comment

Great that Harris is included.

DT seems low at 45. Over 1400 yards and 10 TD's, and only the 45th best player ? Not sure about that.

Clicking on this thread I expected Miller to be around 6 and PM top 3. The top 3 should be PM, Brady and AP.

Its nice Geno Atkins is recognised for a good season, and obviously Watt was the DPOY, but QB is the most important position and Brady and PM got their teams the number 1 and 2 seeds, and will be strong again this year.

AP should probably be #1 due to completely carrying a team and doing it week in, week out when teams know they will be running the ball.

So kudos to Atkins and Watt, but they had no where near the impact the other 3 did.

Comment

I'm a little surprised Charles Woodson is higher than Bailey. Bailey had a very good year, which makes me wonder if he got dinged for a bad playoff game.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Champ is still my favorite Bronco but he deserved a big knock down for the playoff game

This many players to be talked about shows how good the coaches and front office have been. Not too long ago both were among the NFL worst

Clady is a good example of the coaching IMO.
                          Let's Ride!

Comment

Looks like Von Miller also had their highest rated individual game from a player all year too, with a +12.3 against NE.
                            sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                              Looks like Von Miller also had their highest rated individual game from a player all year too, with a +12.3 against NE.
                              YESS!! Vonnie Football is my favorite Bronco Stud!

Comment

Working...
                              X