Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos are confident they will sign Clady. I think this is crucial to broncos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos are confident they will sign Clady. I think this is crucial to broncos.

Broncos are confident they will sign Clady. I think this is crucial to broncos.

=================================
    Ryan Clady | Tackle
    Team: Denver Broncos
    Age / DOB: (26) / 9/6/1986
    Ht / Wt: 6'6' / 315
    College: Boise State
    Contract: view contract details[x]2013: Free Agent (Franchise Tagged)
    Share:
    Latest NewsRecent NewsThe Broncos are "confident" they'll reach a long-term agreement with unsigned franchise player LT Ryan Clady."We want him here," director of player personnel Matt Russell said. Recovering from shoulder surgery, Clady has yet to sign his one-year, $9.828 million tender. The sides have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term pact. May 7 - 3:45 PMSource: Lindsay Jones on Twitter Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway is "optimistic" Denver will come to terms with franchise player LT Ryan Clady on a long-term deal this year."I eventually think we're going to be in good shape with Ryan," said Elway. Clady still hasn't signed his one-year, $9.828 million tender, and the Broncos may be waiting on his recovery from offseason shoulder surgery before proposing him an offer. Denver could tag Clady again next offseason for $11.79 million. Apr 22 - 2:33 PMSource: Lindsay Jones on Twitter The Denver Post confirms franchise player LT Ryan Clady won't report for the start of the Broncos' offseason program on Monday.Clady has yet to sign his $9.828 million tender, so it's not exactly a surprise. He's not even technically holding out since the workouts are "voluntary." Clady shouldn't be expected to show for anything before the July 15 deadline to sign franchise players to long-term contracts comes and goes. According to reporter Mike Klis, the sides haven't had long-term talks since Clady turned down a five-year, $50 million offer last summer. Talks could finally heat up after the draft. Apr 15 - 9:11 AMSource: Denver Post Franchise player LT Ryan Clady is expected to hold out of the Broncos' offseason program.Recovering from shoulder surgery, Clady might not even be healthy before camp, so it's not a major concern. Clady has said he plans to "eventually" sign his franchise tender, so he shouldn't make a fuss if the July 15 deadline to ink a long-term agreement comes and goes without a deal. Newly re-signed Chris Clark will fill-in at left tackle in Clady's absence. Apr 10 - 5:37 PMSource: Denver Post Broncos 'confident' they'll lock up Clady
    May 7 - 3:45 PMElway optimistic about Ryan Clady talks
    Apr 22 - 2:33 PMLT Clady not reporting for offseason program
    Apr 15 - 9:11 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4616/ryan-clady

When you think about the Doom fiasco - and now the Clady deal coming up it makes me wonder

Clearly Clady is much more critical a player to this team than Doom was.

I too think the Broncos will do whatever it takes to get this one done. I doubt highly that the front office will allow the negotiations to reach nearly as close to deadline as Dooms deal did.

On the other hand, should something bad happen during negotiations this could be a signal of a turning point in how the Denver franchise does business. One would be compelled to think that it was all positive before the Doom thing. Even if Denver was completely innocent in the Doom deal (and they might have been) another failed incumbent FA signing failure could have a significant effect on how FA's perceive our brass.

Having said this, I just don't see any *****-footing around with such a cornerstone to the Broncos entire team.

My hopes are that Clady doesn't hurt the teams flexibility to make acquisitions post resigning. Clady seems to be in a position of strength here so he could in fact get what he wants if Denver decides 'it's too much'. This is my opinion as a loyal fan but how much can I know without being in the war room with Elway Fox Rio etc ... Noone thought Doom would be gone. But now that he is I like to think Elway knows what he's doing rather than thinking Elway blundered away Doom.

I think it's as simple as this though:
    As long as Peyton is still playing - Denver will do what it needs to in order to keep Clady
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

The advantage of Dooms contract being cut. Instead of spending a heap of cap on a 29 yo pass rusher, we should have funds for Clady, DT and Decker

Comment

I believe Clady wants to be here as much as we want him here. So I don't really see a problem with getting a deal worked out.
        sigpic

Comment

Part of the reason from what I understand that they wanted to cut Doom's Salary was to be able to pay Clady so now that Doom is gone I would think the team will try to accomplish the original goal of signing Clady long term.

Comment

Here is an article about determining how much to give Clady as far as salary.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/2...denver-broncos

Comment

Working...
            X