Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lerentee McCray, C.J. Anderson are undrafted Bronco bonus babies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lerentee McCray, C.J. Anderson are undrafted Bronco bonus babies

    For all undrafted free agents, the odds are long they will ever play in an NFL game.

    But the odds are better those who get nicer signing bonuses than others. If you want to pick a sleeper among the 16 undrafted rookies the Broncos signed to their 90-man offseason roster, lean toward Florida linebacker Lerentee McCray and Cal running back C.J. Anderson. They were only two players who received a signing bonus greater than $7,500. The list of the Broncos’ undrafted free agents with their signing bonuses:
    Player, Pos, College ……………….. Bonus
    1. Lerentee McCray, LB, Florida ……. $17,000
    2. C.J. Anderson, RB, Cal …………. $12,500
    3. Aaron Hester, CB, UCLA ………….. $7,500
    4. Manase Foketi, OG, Kansas State ….. $6,000
    5. Ross Rasner, S,Arkansas …………. $5,000
    5. Quincy McDuffie, WR, Central Fla. … $5,000
    7. John Youboty, DE, Temple ………… $3,000
    7. Uona Kaveinga, LB, BYU ………….. $3,000
    7. Gary Mason Jr., DE, Baylor ………. $3,000
    7. Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico ……… $3,000
    11. Lamaar Thomas, WR, New Mexico …… $2,500
    12. Romney Fuga, DT, BYU …………… $2,000
    13. Doug Rippy, LB, Colorado ……….. $1,500
    13. Kemonte Bateman, WR, New Mexico St . $1,500
    15. Ryan Katz, QB, San Diego State ….. $1,000
    16. Ryan Doerr, P, Kansas State ………. $700
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-babies/19325/

  • #2
    If Doerr got a job at Bagels and Brew he could probably make more money than with the Broncos, and he's not going to make the team.. Smh, why?

    Comment


    • #3
      I will be surprised if any UDFA make the team this year but McCray, Foketi and Reed appears to have the most talent and best chance of making the squad, IMO, but one never knows. I wish them all the best of luck.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
        I will be surprised if any UDFA make the team this year but McCray, Foketi and Reed appears to have the most talent and best chance of making the squad, IMO, but one never knows. I wish them all the best of luck.
        Ya no one does really know. I could see no UDFA making the team and I can see 4 making the team so we will just have to see come training camo
        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think Anderson or McCray both have a shot, but nothing close to a guarantee. I think if Anderson shows well on special teams he could very easily beat out guys like Mario Fannin and Jeremiah Johnson. I think he is a superior talent to Lance Ball, but Ball has proven to be a serviceable fill in player.

          If we cut McGahee I hope our RB group looks something like this:

          Montee Ball
          Ronnie Hillman
          Knowshon Moreno
          CJ Anderson
          Jacob Hester (RB/FB)

          McCray could have a tougher time making the roster considering how crowded we are at linebacker. Woodyard, Trevathan, Irving, Johnson, Phillips, and Miller are all locks IMO. There is a good chance Bradley is close to a lock as well. The only way I see McCray making the roster is if we move Phillips to DE full time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Den615 View Post
            I think Anderson or McCray both have a shot, but nothing close to a guarantee. I think if Anderson shows well on special teams he could very easily beat out guys like Mario Fannin and Jeremiah Johnson. I think he is a superior talent to Lance Ball, but Ball has proven to be a serviceable fill in player.

            If we cut McGahee I hope our RB group looks something like this:

            Montee Ball
            Ronnie Hillman
            Knowshon Moreno
            CJ Anderson
            Jacob Hester (RB/FB)

            McCray could have a tougher time making the roster considering how crowded we are at linebacker. Woodyard, Trevathan, Irving, Johnson, Phillips, and Miller are all locks IMO. There is a good chance Bradley is close to a lock as well. The only way I see McCray making the roster is if we move Phillips to DE full time.
            Phillips is nowhere near garuanteed. We signed a vet last year that everyone said was garuanteed named drayton Florence then tony carter beat him out.
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by crash123go View Post
              Phillips is nowhere near garuanteed. We signed a vet last year that everyone said was garuanteed named drayton Florence then tony carter beat him out.
              We'll have to disagree on this one. We have no viable back up to Miller as a strongside linebacker and no proven pass rush specialist on the d-line. The only way Phillips doesn't make this team is if Beal or Jackson turn into all-pros over night.

              I dont think the Florence situation is really comparable to the Phillips signing. Florence was already showing signs of decline and was on his 4th team in 5 years. Phillips is coming off of a very productive year, has had consistent production, and hasn't shown any obvious signs of decline. Plus he signed a very reasonable contract. When you combine that with his veteran presence and schematic versatility I think the odds of Phillips making this roster are at about 95%.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                Phillips is nowhere near garuanteed. We signed a vet last year that everyone said was garuanteed named drayton Florence then tony carter beat him out.
                Drayton Florence was way over the hill and not even decent the previous year, that's a bad comparison.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Really like Lerentee and would really like to see him make the 53 man squad. I'm excited about all of the competition we have across the board. We will see if I'm still excited after June 1st about it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Manase Foketi has me fired up....6'5"-320 OL that can play either G position and RT is extremely interesting

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                      Manase Foketi has me fired up....6'5"-320 OL that can play either G position and RT is extremely interesting
                      TBH I actually like him as a LT more than RT. He wasn't a huge road grading blocker in college but the guy has a surprisingly smooth kick slide. He can probably play both RT and LT but he's got good feet for a big man

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                        Drayton Florence was way over the hill and not even decent the previous year, that's a bad comparison.
                        How? Phillips had one of the lowest sack percentages in the whole league. You guys that think Phillips is this unstoppable force are mistaken, he is in serious decline and at this point isn't much more than a backup. Florence and Phillips is a perfect comparison
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                          How? Phillips had one of the lowest sack percentages in the whole league. You guys that think Phillips is this unstoppable force are mistaken, he is in serious decline and at this point isn't much more than a backup. Florence and Phillips is a perfect comparison
                          Lowest sack percentage in the whole league? I find that very hard to believe. When a guy has 9.5 sacks. I mean c'mon, are you really saying Shaun Phillips had sooooo many more rushes than any other player in the league that came out with little sacks? This is why these football statistics websites are terrible. They actually make people think they know what they are talking about. Drayton Florence is a journeyman. Shaun Phillips has remained with one team his entire career.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There's actually a $700.00 signing bonus in the NFL? Wow, that's surprising.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                              If Doerr got a job at Bagels and Brew he could probably make more money than with the Broncos, and he's not going to make the team.. Smh, why?
                              Well, he will make at least $5k a week while his on the team, right? Guys don't participate in TC and the pre season for free. I don't know if they get the league minimum for that time, but whatever it is, I'm sure it's not chump change.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X