Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos teammates react to Peyton Manning's pranks

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports1:04 p.m. EDT May 9, 2013

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos prank war is on, and it seems the only one who seems to be safe is Peyton Manning.

Manning this spring has already orchestrated well publicized pranks on receiver Eric Decker (a four-figure invoice for voluntary workouts) and right tackle Orlando Franklin (a pie-in-the-face at Tuesday's Colorado Rockies game), but teammates said those are only a small sampling of the quarterback's hijinks.

"He's pretty much got everybody on the offense," Franklin said Wednesday.

Tight end Joel Dreessen said Manning's go-to prank involved stealing and making changes to his teammate's iPhones. Dreessen caught Manning messing with Dreessen's phone once in the locker room when he came out of the shower.

"I get back to my locker and he was standing at my locker with a towel. I was like, 'What the hell is he doing?'" Dreessen said Wednesday. "He was trying to change the language on my iPhone. He's pulled that one a couple of guys where he's switched it to a different language — Chinese or whatever."

Let that be a lesson to current or future Broncos: Lock your phone.

Dreessen once tried to retaliate and snagged Manning's team-issued iPad from where Manning had left it charging in Dreessen's locker. Dreessen, figuring Manning would take the iPad home for video study, set the alarm to go off at 2 a.m. — with the sound of barking dogs.

But before the prank could go through, Dreessen panicked. He realized the alarm would wake up Manning's twin toddlers and wife, so Dreessen texted Manning and told him to turn the alarm off.

"I totally chickened out," Dreessen said.

Decker teamed up with Manning to pull the pie prank against Franklin at Coors Field, but he's still plotting his own revenge on the quarterback. And now Franklin is too.

"I think a lot of guys are going to jump at that opportunity," Franklin said. "So we've just got to plan something out real well for him and get him when it counts."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...pranks/2145653
    Team Broncos!
    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- As evidenced by the proliferating number of pranks he's pulling, Peyton Manning has gotten pretty comfortable on the Denver Broncos as he enters his second season with the Broncos.

His teammates warn that Manning might not want to get too cozy, although none of them have gotten back at the productive prankster.

"I think a lot of guys are going to jump at that opportunity. So we've just got to plan something out real good for him and get him when it counts," Manning's latest victim, right tackle Orlando Franklin, said Wednesday.

Manning had gathered more than two dozen of his teammates for a trip to the Yankees-Rockies game the night before and engineered the gag in which receiver Eric Decker sneaked up on Franklin and smashed the 330-pound offensive lineman in the face while he was doing a live TV interview.

Just about all of his teammates except for Manning, who was surveying the scene like George Washington crossing the Delaware, was recording the interview on their phones when Decker decked him from behind.

Last month, Decker was the victim of a gag when Manning tricked him into thinking he owed $3,000 to cover the costs of working out with him at Duke University.

Decker said it took him 15 minutes to realize the bill, complete with state taxes, was a fake. He, too, vowed to get back at Manning. "There's some stuff in the works," Decker said upon returning to Denver. "I got some intel from some people on his side."

Franklin said he uncharacteristically let his guard down Tuesday night after he'd been drafted to talk on TV about attending his first baseball game.

"I wasn't really paying attention to it. That was stupid on my behalf, but like I said, I'm looking forward to getting those guys back," Franklin said. "He's pretty much gotten everybody on the offense, so I was one of those guys -- it was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm glad that we got it out of the way."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...denver-broncos
    Team Broncos!
    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Lovin the chemistry. It will show on the field.

Comment

I feel like a lot of prank wars, while awesome, end with one where someone gets butthurt or actually hurt.

Not saying I hate pranks, cause I absolutely love them, but it is possible it can end poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
          I feel like a lot of prank wars, while awesome, end with one where someone gets butthurt or actually hurt.

Not saying I hate pranks, cause I absolutely love them, but it is possible it can end poorly.
          I would hope that all of these guys, who had the mental fortitude to reach the pinnacle of the sport, would be able to cope with a harmless prank.
          sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
            I would hope that all of these guys, who had the mental fortitude to reach the pinnacle of the sport, would be able to cope with a harmless prank.
            Agree. I don't think even Peyton Manning would do a prank where someone got hurt. Come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by MineOwn View Post
              Agree. I don't think even Peyton Manning would do a prank where someone got hurt. Come on now.
              Yea, Im unaware of any lasting physical or mental problems inflicted due to a cream pie to the face.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                Yea, Im unaware of any lasting physical or mental problems inflicted due to a cream pie to the face.
                then you didnt see Monte Ellis get pied on Rome is burning ... dude almost cried haha
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                  Haha they always start out harmless, but I've seen retaliation get nasty when a member of the war tries to top the other guy and it slips too far.

Not saying its going to happen, but it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                    that dont sound right
                    sigpic

Comment

Its funny that Decker chickened out. Someone seriously has to get Manning though. Even Vic Lombardi was calling for it on twitter during the Rockies game haha
                      Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                        that dont sound right
                        flashbacks?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X