Lets get these Guys in the HOF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets get these Guys in the HOF!

Every time the Voting comes around, i cross my fingers because guys like Terrell Davis and Steve water, they Deserve to be in the HALL OF FAME!

http://gettheminthehall.blogspot.com/
    sigpic

I discreetly with you. While they are legends in Denver and to Broncos fans in the eyes of the rest of the football world they do not rate a Hall of Fame induction. Davis career was to short to be based on his numbers. His chances are also hurt by the way players like Orlandis Gary, Mike Anderson and others put up big numbers with that incredable offensive line only to sputter and fade with other teams. Atwater is boarderline, if he makes it it won't be for several years.

One of the best criteria I have heard for desiding of a player should be elected to the Hall of Fame or not is can you tell the history of the sport with out talking about him. By that standerd it could be argued that they where merely supporting players on two Super Bowl teams.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

I clicked the link you provided, if you are the web master remove Darrent Williams for the honorable mention category. You lose credibility by listing him as someone deserving of enshrinement in Canton. Fans of his let his tragic death over shadow what his short career produced. He had some good games with great moments, but he also had more then a few bad games. Talk radio in Denver countless times talked about how he needed to improve and play at a more constant level.

It's the Hall of FAME! Not the Hall of the Very Good, the Hall of favortie players, or the Hall of Potential.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
        I discreetly with you. While they are legends in Denver and to Broncos fans in the eyes of the rest of the football world they do not rate a Hall of Fame induction. Davis career was to short to be based on his numbers. His chances are also hurt by the way players like Orlandis Gary, Mike Anderson and others put up big numbers with that incredable offensive line only to sputter and fade with other teams. Atwater is boarderline, if he makes it it won't be for several years.

One of the best criteria I have heard for desiding of a player should be elected to the Hall of Fame or not is can you tell the history of the sport with out talking about him. By that standerd it could be argued that they where merely supporting players on two Super Bowl teams.
        Davis Career was short but so was Sayers now im not comparing the 2 but then again we can. Sayers and Davis played the same amount of years and in fact he has better numbers than sayers in the same amount of years. Emmit smith had one great O-Line himself but we all know he broke the record and played longer than Davis.. as for atwater, i agree with u although hes one of my favorite bronco players and wouldnt like to, lol
        sigpic

Comment

I clicked the link you provided, if you are the web master remove Darrent Williams for the honorable mention category. You lose credibility by listing him as someone deserving of enshrinement in Canton. Fans of his let his tragic death over shadow what his short career produced. He had some good games with great moments, but he also had more then a few bad games. Talk radio in Denver countless times talked about how he needed to improve and play at a more constant

It's the Hall of FAME! Not the Hall of the Very Good, the Hall of favortie players, or the Hall of Potential.
          I , Myself didnt mention Darrent Williams, Just TD and Atwater!
          sigpic

Comment

I clicked the link you provided, if you are the web master remove Darrent Williams for the honorable mention category. You lose credibility by listing him as someone deserving of enshrinement in Canton. Fans of his let his tragic death over shadow what his short career produced. He had some good games with great moments, but he also had more then a few bad games. Talk radio in Denver countless times talked about how he needed to improve and play at a more constant level.

oh Randy Gradishar as well, No Darrent Williams
            sigpic

Comment

NO credibility Lost here, I sleep and eat FOOTBALL! Btw look up the Sayers and davis Comparison
              sigpic

Comment

Well how many safeties in NFL history have more Pro Bowls than Atwater? You cant put Lynch or Dawkins in the HOF if you dont put Atwater in the HOF first.

Tell me how Michael Irvin is in the HOF and guys like Andre Reed and Rod Smith are not in the HOF?

Or what about Randy Gradishar? He played in a time when no one but people from Denver actually watched the Broncos. He may never make the Hall and he deserves it more than any Broncos player!

R. Gradishar
                S. Atwater
                T. Davis
                R. Smith
                L. Wright

All deserve to be in the HOF. They are players that were among the best that ever played at their respective positions.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 350legend View Post
                  NO credibility Lost here, I sleep and eat FOOTBALL! Btw look up the Sayers and davis Comparison
                  On the link YOU posted, it lists Darrent Williams as an honorable mention. That is why I asked if you ate the web master. That whole entire post is predicated on IF you are the web master.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
                    Well how many safeties in NFL history have more Pro Bowls than Atwater? You cant put Lynch or Dawkins in the HOF if you dont put Atwater in the HOF first.

Tell me how Michael Irvin is in the HOF and guys like Andre Reed and Rod Smith are not in the HOF?

Or what about Randy Gradishar? He played in a time when no one but people from Denver actually watched the Broncos. He may never make the Hall and he deserves it more than any Broncos player!

R. Gradishar
                    S. Atwater
                    T. Davis
                    R. Smith
                    L. Wright

All deserve to be in the HOF. They are players that were among the best that ever played at their respective positions.
                    First NO ONE "deserves" to be in the Hall of Fame. Not Elway, Montana, or even Jerry Rice. A spot in Canton is earned, not given.

As the old saying gossip you have to make a case for a player to get in the Hall of Fame they should not be in the Hall of Fame. That being said I will agree with you that I think Gradishar should have been elected years ago. While Davis was one of the best running backs when he played, once again it was not over a sustained period of time. People love to sight Syaers as a reason TD should be in, but Davis did not have the same impact on the game as a whole as TD did.

To be a Hall of Famer be seen a such by a wide margin of your peers and the public I general. You won't find many people outside of Denver's fan base that would say any of the names you listed should be in.

sigpic

Comment

On the link YOU posted, it lists Darrent Williams as an honorable mention. That is why I asked if you ate the web master. That whole entire post is predicated on IF you are the web master.

i hear u, i just been having these debates with co-workers about Davis and atwater, about weather or not they earned those spots in the HOF.. i still think they do but we will see. GO BRONCOS!
                      sigpic

Comment

To be a Hall of Famer be seen a such by a wide margin of your peers and the public I general. You won't find many people outside of Denver's fan base that would say any of the names you listed should be in.
                        That's because not many people outside Denver's fan base even knows who these guys are. But during their careers Atwater, Gradishar, and Wright were some of the best players in the NFL. You can even make a case for Smith, his numbers are very good. If he actually got to play in his first few seasons, there would be no questions at all for anyone.

Comment

I doubt anyone can make a convincing argument for Davis or Atwater to be inducted in the HOF.

Davis might have had a chance if not for injuries cutting his career short.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Randy Gradishar
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              That's because not many people outside Denver's fan base even knows who these guys are.
                              believe it or not you just proved my point. If they truly where Hall of Famers people outside of Denver would know them. Second it is not average sports fans the vote on Hall of Famer ballots. It is people that know football inside and out. Lastly once again it is not the Hall of the "Very Best", Canton is only for the truly elite players.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X