Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Clady/Sly/cap room/contract info

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    clady sure does think he is all that..

    the issue is do the broncos need that much on the OL.. the rest of them are solid players unlike when he came to town he was the best as a rookie..

    right now they have at least 3 really solid players if not 4 without him..

    as I said in another thread I read somewhere that elite players on the OL in a fast paced offense where most of the t=snaps are being from shotgun, having a guy that can hold someone off for 4-7 seconds just is not that necessary as it was 5 years ago..

    it is not like it was when cutler came to town.. there is a boat load of talent on offense now with 5-7 options for the QB to choose from.. and they are all very good options not like in the past..
    I'm not so sure NFL GM's agree with your thinking. I would venture to say that OT's have been taken as much or more than any other position in the top ten of the draft in the last few years. Considering those guys, how many of them are better, or have a higher ceiling than Clady?

    Manning doesn't always get the ball out in less than 3 seconds either. Frequently he's going through his progressions waiting for a play to develop. Pass protection from the LT is crucial.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      I'm not so sure NFL GM's agree with your thinking. I would venture to say that OT's have been taken as much or more than any other position in the top ten of the draft in the last few years. Considering those guys, how many of them are better, or have a higher ceiling than Clady?

      Manning doesn't always get the ball out in less than 3 seconds either. Frequently he's going through his progressions waiting for a play to develop. Pass protection from the LT is crucial.

      while you might have something there.. which teams are going for those top ten OT's all bottom feeders and in 4-5 years they most likely will be back doing the same thing..

      they are bottom feeders for a reason..

      as far as Manning is concerned wait to see how the O goes this coming year..

      clady is damaged goods with all the surgeries and most likely will need more.. let that be someone elses problem at 12million plus bonus money each year.. this team simply can not afford that kind of money ongoing and still keep the bunch of UFA coming up this next year..

      they could sign maybe as many as 3 guys for what clady is asking..

      they tagged him for a reason, they want to see if he is healed.. without giving the bank away..

      Comment


      • #18
        Damaged goods?

        Smh..

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Garfield View Post
          while you might have something there.. which teams are going for those top ten OT's all bottom feeders and in 4-5 years they most likely will be back doing the same thing..

          they are bottom feeders for a reason..

          as far as Manning is concerned wait to see how the O goes this coming year..

          clady is damaged goods with all the surgeries and most likely will need more.. let that be someone elses problem at 12million plus bonus money each year.. this team simply can not afford that kind of money ongoing and still keep the bunch of UFA coming up this next year..

          they could sign maybe as many as 3 guys for what clady is asking..

          they tagged him for a reason, they want to see if he is healed.. without giving the bank away..


          This is an Incredibly bad post. Incredibly! Its so far off I dont think I even need to explain why.


          I do have a question for you then. With that 12 mil we save from letting clady go- which 3 players exactly do you think we can/will sign? One of them has to be a LT- that is a given. And 12mil divided by 3= 4 mil a player.

          So again, which LT would you protect your $20mil HOF investment at QB for 4 million? Then please enlighten us which other players out there on the market today would come in and help our team (also guys who would have to take a max of 4mil?



          See how terrible this idea is.....?
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
            This is an Incredibly bad post. Incredibly! Its so far off I dont think I even need to explain why.


            I do have a question for you then. With that 12 mil we save from letting clady go- which 3 players exactly do you think we can/will sign? One of them has to be a LT- that is a given. And 12mil divided by 3= 4 mil a player.

            So again, which LT would you protect your $20mil HOF investment at QB for 4 million? Then please enlighten us which other players out there on the market today would come in and help our team (also guys who would have to take a max of 4mil?



            See how terrible this idea is.....?

            lets see clady started as a rookie.. at no point did he make more than four mil a year during that time fame..


            SO who do I replace him with a far less expensive OT there are many on the market.. for that matter move Franklin to OLT after giving him a much cheaper extension on his contract.. we have been drafting clady's replacement for several years.. this next draft we spend a number one on one..
            at worst we only get 2.5 OL types for that 12 million a year..

            what cladys fan club do not understand is while he is good Manning is making look better than he is.

            I would love to have him back but anything over 7 mil a year is way to much in order to keep some of the rest of the talent we need to.. Walton (or his replacement), Beadles, Woodyard, Decker all this year, DT next year just for some core players..

            Oh yes I know that Champ will be either retiring or getting a smaller contract soon.. but given that John is building a team via the draft and counting on younger players to to step up and play.. When those contracts come due if they are great he has someone on the shelf to replace them..

            face the facts that clady will not be around at 12 mil a year.. we flat can not afford that number..

            Comment


            • #21
              Thats why he wll prob sign for 8.5-9 Mil year with a lot of up front money and guarantees. Thats market these days.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                Thats why he wll prob sign for 8.5-9 Mil year with a lot of up front money and guarantees. Thats market these days.
                his agent has his mind closer to 12 + mil.. he has blown so much smoke up his skirt that his head is way to big to accept less than top money for the OT spot.

                time will tell.. so far IMO John has back loaded all his contracts proposed..

                I also believe that he and his coached KNOW that you do not have to have an Elite OLT in today's NFL..
                Last edited by Garfield; 06-28-2013, 06:10 PM.

                Comment

                Working...
                X